Is Harshal Patel the worst bowler to have represented India ?

Sean Bradley

Zero kidding but I would take Sid koul & even Barinder Sran over him...  At least both these guys had some sorta potential in their young days. 

This guy was never that good to begin with...  One fluke IPl season on used slow UAE pitches & he is a death bowler.  Even Trundler loving Indian domestic structure discarded him...  A strict gully mohalla player. 

6 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

you can be sure they will never course correct, never accept they are wrong. There was enough evidence before we left for Aus the Harshal isn't the correct person. 

Let him play against our arch rivals on Oct 23.   He is likely to get smashed at >12 per over and cost us the game.  That would end his career once and for all.  

Edited by Frustrated

He was only OK before the injury bit now his place in the team is looking very dodgy. 

If a WACA XI has smashed him for over 12 an over in a low scoring match, I'm not sure what selectors are waiting for.  

At this rate, I don't mind them playing Shami, Siraj - atleast test class bowlers will hit a length at decent speeds. 

5 hours ago, Frustrated said:

15th Oct is the deadline to finalize the squad for WT20.   If H Patel is not replaced by S Thakur, we are doomed.   

The madness that is Indian Cricket.

At least Thakur has had  genuine experience and success down under.

I would have him as a bowler well ahead and thats not even considering his batting which I have seen can potentially be the best of our bowlers batting wise.

I mean if I had to pick one, this is a no brainer, its Lord Thakur.

@express bowling Can you explain to me how Harmless Patel is picked over Lord?

It makes zero sense.

43 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

@express bowling Can you explain to me how Harmless Patel is picked over Lord?

It makes zero sense.

The recent trend has been to pick teams using overall stats rather than based on how players are performing in big matches and meaningful games and what their game type is.

Otherwise how can one explain picking so many short floaty bowlers for Australia.

Harshsl can succeed only when the pitch is gripping but his game type has not been considered for Australia.

Easily the worst, people are mentioning Vinay, Mithun etc but they forget Vinay had a few match winning performances, he would have Kevin Peterson, Jonathan trott struggling at times, Mithun did well in his first few test matches against sl on flat pitches, dinda infact was very decent, sran was tall and could get bounce, the only other bowler comes to mind is sakaria.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

The recent trend has been to pick teams using overall stats rather than based on how players are performing in big matches and meaningful games and what their game type is.

Otherwise how can one explain picking so many short floaty bowlers for Australia.

Harshsl can succeed only when the pitch is gripping but his game type has not been considered for Australia.

Gosh there is a reason why in Australia they try and ball FAST, because floaty bowlers get literally bashed down here.

You need a weapon and bowling at gentle speeds of around 130kmhr is a recipe to conceding 200+ runs or failing to defend any total.

Im happy to be proven wrong, but our spinners are the only chance we have of winning.

21 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

347396.6.jpg

Harshal Patel: 'There's nothing wrong in bowling 24 slower balls in a T20 spell'

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1336815/harshal-patel---theres-nothing-wrong-in-bowling-24-slower-balls-in-a-t20-spell

I swear this looks like the uber driver I had over the weekend.

I guess when Patel fails he can have a second job to fall back on.