Why are we blaming indian players for failure

Chaos

I dont get why we tripping out. Atleast we got semis with this team.

BLAME team management and selectors,  we selected Ashwin, Axar, harshal, DK, chahal, hooda, b.kumar and aweful reserves.

pant should have always have opened for left and right combo, which lets rohit play more himself and push stat puddler rahul after harddick (I know).

we have bowlers like siraj and so many others who would won us games.

i would take thakur over axar in Australia and moeen ali n livingston bowled better than ashwin and axar. Wrist spinners like kuldeep n others might have done better job.

Retardely aweful team selection especially bowling selections.

yes and im back after years 

Edited by Chaos

Our team selection was completely wrong. You have not mentioned the biggest mistake we made. We should never have picked Rohit, Rahul and Kohli as top 3 after the debacle of the last World T20 and 2019 World Cup Semi finals. Guys like Rahul are just not mentally tough enough to play in World Cup level tournaments. We should have gone with a brand new top 3. Our top 3 played the most meek, passive cricket that throttled the rest of the batting. 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Unfortunately not even the best selectors were going to leave out Rohit/Rahul. They were going to be backed because they are "experts" in Australian "bouncy" conditions lol So it is only fair we attach the blame to the players who are "irreplaceable"

i would not drop rohit, rahul is for sure. Rohit just needs to get in his groove soon though. He killed it 2019 wc and he is damn good on aussie wickets. Rahul just drains me watching him play. Waking up at 2am in dallas and watching him play maidens made me go insane

1 minute ago, nitinbwj said:

BCCI Selection Committee MembersEdit

1. Chetan Sharma (Chairman)
2. Debashish Mohanty (Member)
3. Harvinder Singh (Member)
4. Sunil Joshi (Member)

:hysterical: 

that explains the selection then, Mohanty man hated him. The way people like afritard toyed him was hilarious and a

very good trundler. I was very young then but hated him and aweful action as well

13 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Who makes such fuddu cricketers selectors?? 

Yeh selectors ko select kaun karta hai?

spacer.png

These idiots 

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2020/news/145370/bcci-announces-appointment-of-cac-members

CAC: Madan Lal , RP Singh and Sulakshana Naik (?)

who appoints the CAC : the board run by Jay Shah 

so as pointed here , within the BCCi org there is no selector Career path .. any Tom dick and harry can be a selector .. 

imagine the Board of Private org picking anyone to be part of the executive team without qualifications .

to fix the systemic problem the public and news should focus on these committees no the result i.e selections that come out of these committees 

Edited by figo6762
9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If the BCCI were a listed company, with accountability to its shareholders regarding performance, then we would never have such pathetic selections. 

A private entity doesn’t need to disclose its stakeholders .. a private equity is exactly that private .. they will take it’s none of your business attitude . 

accountability can derived only my public opinion , public private institution will have to open the books , show P&L investment and roadmap strategies . This should be run by professionals who are in it as career not because they are entities coz of nepotism or they ex cricketers . 

let’s be honest in India if somebody plays cricket it’s because they are passionate and they don’t see themselves succeeding at anything else . So taking the people and making them select more people like them is just lunacy 

8 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

A private entity doesn’t need to disclose its stakeholders .. a private equity is exactly that private .. they will take it’s none of your business attitude . 

accountability can derived only my public opinion , public private institution will have to open the books , show P&L investment and roadmap strategies . This should be run by professionals who are in it as career not because they are entities coz of nepotism or they ex cricketers . 

let’s be honest in India if somebody plays cricket it’s because they are passionate and they don’t see themselves succeeding at anything else . So taking the people and making them select more people like them is just lunacy 

Still corruption and selecting by quota exists in bcci. Performances based only on ipl? Then scrape entire domestic system and players who perform in it. Its a slap in the face for them. Prime example are lot of indians like pandya and axar and other idiots who dont belong in the team. Pandya maybe a wriggle room for selection 

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Still corruption and selecting by quota exists in bcci. Performances based only on ipl? Then scrape entire domestic system and players who perform in it. It’s a slap in the face for them. Prime example are lot of indians like pandya and axar and other idiots who dont belong in the team. Pandya maybe a wriggle room for selection 

I think all the tournaments needs to be considered for selection with appropriate weights .  A normalized percentile based rating system should be developed for the selection process and the names of the player should be removed to avoid inherent bias .

factors such as physical fitness, injury status , attitude , age , along with player attributed need to be considered 

the idiots that we have for selection don’t have iota of knowledge of best for selection methods based on data 

We are selecting teams the same way we have doing for 3 decades 

Edited by figo6762