S Iyer or KL Rahul at no.5 in WTC Final 2023

Gill has cemented his place for WTC Final with a century today as opener spot unless there is any injury.

Pujara and Kohli due to their decades and centuries of eggsperience will continue to bat at 3 and 4 and change games with their performance or lack of :phehe:

At 6, you will have Jadeja, a keeper at 7 and Thakur at 8.

This leaves us with an open spot for no.5 where there are still doubts on Iyer's proficiency with bat overseas while the meek Rahul comes with more proven performance in English conditions where he displayed class of Martin Crowe and Dilip Vengsarkar level last time with an amazing 81 in first test and a century in second test. However, he also comes us with proven mettle of bottling in ICC tournaments let alone ICC knockouts.

Discuss!

20 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

If KS Bharat can't keep well then there's absolutely no sense in playing him over Ishan Kishan. 

Technically one of the worst i have seen. He looks like a gully keeper. He may not play as much as Parthiv to beat him for the worst Indian keeper ever. INitially i put that down to nerves. Seems like he is nervous every match.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sarfraz. you drop somebody for performing poorly. You don't select him again when he absolutely did nothing to prove his form in between. 

100% sarfraz

Jaiswal

Fatty. Soon shaw

Ghujara but really should be someone like patidar

Sarfraz over coolie

Gillllyyy

Ishan or upendra yadav for now 

No more bharat pls. Forever

7 to 11 gets tricky in England

7 should be sundar imo

Could even play him at 6

8 should be undacutta or thakur or hangerskar potentially