Hardik Pandya discussion thread

Khota

Just now, sarcastic said:

His batting failure is ok once in a while.

But his bowling went to dogs too today. That is bad because we cannot rely on him as a main bowler and need a 6th bowler option to complement him. 
Still there are many people in the team ahead of him for getting the coveted "Match ka Mujrim" title.

he was alright today. Better than Chahal.

13 hours ago, Ravi_Shastri said:

You can't play with just 5 bowlers and one of them being Pandya. 

He is a sixth bowling option. Going in with 4bowlers and Pandya will always be risky.

U neways cant play 5 bowlers in t20 and that too in such heat. Its t20 someone will have a bad day 

6 bowling options are must in LOI and 5 in test. 

Even if we play 5 geniune bowlers one can still have an off day , its t20 and belter wkts

17 hours ago, sarcastic said:

His batting failure is ok once in a while.

But his bowling went to dogs too today. That is bad because we cannot rely on him as a main bowler and need a 6th bowler option to complement him. 
Still there are many people in the team ahead of him for getting the coveted "Match ka Mujrim" title.

He just won the previous match . Our bowling options and relying on his bowling is key. His bouncers worked in the previous pitch. But with even bounce the height of the short pitch delivery  can be easily be predicted by even moderate bat speeds. He should have mixed some slower balls or off-spinners. He doesn’t have many skills as a bowler to rely on him completely. Can bowl 2 overs on flat pitches. 

I don't have problem with Pandya's batting, he has evolved into very good t20 and odi batsman.It is the bowling which is the worry, he has become very one dimensional bowler. If I was the captain, I would have asked him to open the bowling and asked him to pitch it up to get the swing.

Edited by putrevus
16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't have problem with Pandya's batting, he has evolved into very good t20 and odi batsman.It is the bowling which is the worry, he has become very one dimensional bowler. If I was the captain, I would have asked him to open the bowling and asked him to pitch it up to get the swing.

The right approach would be to not be dependent on him to play a 5th bowler role. Bowl 2 overs and check if he clicks give him another one.

3 minutes ago, Number said:

The right approach would be to not be dependent on him to play a 5th bowler role. Bowl 2 overs and check if he clicks give him another one.

Then he is not an valuable asset.He has to bowl his 4 overs in 90 out 100 matches.He needs to be brave and evolve as a bowler too.