Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i guess both will play

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i am saying that after seeing the forecast. it will be around 21-22 temperature max. and I do not need to live at a certain place to understand the geology. It may feel hot to you at 22 degrees because you have been acclimatized to lower temperatures. Does not mean it is hot for the soil as well.  same for Indian and Aussie players. both come from real hot countries, not one who call 25 degrees hot. :cantstop:    

sometimes learn to accept that maybe just MAYBE someone who has more knowledge about a certain topic can be right. If Monty is backing what i'm saying and he was England's top spinner for a few years then its based on something..

1 hour ago, zen said:

Appears as if ppl in general are looking forward to Ashes more than this one. 

Aussies are using this as a warm up for Ashes- thats more important to them.

For indian players IPL is more important than aclimitasating for a Test Championship final so go figure

25 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

For indian players IPL is more important than aclimitasating for a Test Championship final so go figure

Yes, Ashes is the real championship for Aus & Eng (has a long history as well). 

Ind has “create” rivalries (does not play Pak too) for its matches to have more interest but it is not happening. The other teams probably see India mostly as a revenue source than a meaningful rival. 

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Yes - I mean of course they are using it as a warm-up. If we had a series in England we would use it for a warm up too.

HOWEVER - make no mistake that Aussies want to win the WTC.

Ashes are important - but loading the trophy cabinet with "world" championships of different kinds is important to Australian cricket establishment too.

Now if this was some trilateral or champions trophy type match - they would probably not care.

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I don't think Aussies ever cheapen any tournament.Aussies always play to win anything they participate.

Aussies are not pommies who overlooked some formats when they were bad in that format.

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Australia have lost 4 test series on the trot to India. 2 of them at their home no less, last of which was embarrassing from their perspective. No way they would want to lose a WTC trophy to India on top of that. 

I would say don't play ash. Disaster waiting to happen. Don't play bharar. Don't know how bharats name was changed to m happen by autocorrect retard.

Automatic loss if that happens

Play undacutta or rana as third bowler. 

Edited by Jay

It's a no brainer to play both Ashwin and Jadeja. There are half a dozen reasons why.

ICC is preparing the pitch not the ECB. It won't be a green mamba. There will surely be some help for spinners. Oval anyway is one of the most spin friendly grounds in England.

Jadeja right now genuinely makes it in our test XI as a batter alone. Moreover he's our only lefty in absence of Pant. Has a great record against Aus with the ball. His place isn't in question at all.

Ashwin on the other hand is too good a bowler to be left out for the likes of Thakur and Unadkat. The Aussies fear him far more than any of our 4th pacers and rightfully so. We need him to counter their lefties. Plus he can bat as well.

21 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Australia have lost 4 test series on the trot to India. 2 of them at their home no less, last of which was embarrassing from their perspective. No way they would want to lose a WTC trophy to India on top of that. 

All 4 series were very close. I don't fear any other team but the only team capable of beating India at our best is Australia. 

India whips every other team in Asia and in most places barring nz at our absolute best but Oz is one that can beat us outside India even at our best with the right selections. 

7 hours ago, AKane said:

Averages of Indian bowlers in tests

Shami        27.48

Siraj           31.29

Umesh       30.54

Thakur       24.44

Unadkat     56.00

Compare with

Ashwin         23.93

Jadeja          24.22

Axar              17.16               <------- BEST

Yea on doctored home pitches they can exploit. Now do their away records as well. 

Same for Oz. Away record sucks. Besides o and England pitches have more in common than India. 

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Jadeja has been India's top 4 batsman in the last 5 or so years - better than Coolie, Rahane, Pujara, Vihari etc - so thankfully it's not a hard decision when it comes to accommodating Ashwin.

But clearly a few on this forum struggle with this fact?

You want ash playing over a pacer as number 8? 

Wouldn't it be better to go with unda at 8 or thakur ji? 

Have unda or umesh at 9. Ideally rana

9 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

sometimes learn to accept that maybe just MAYBE someone who has more knowledge about a certain topic can be right. If Monty is backing what i'm saying and he was England's top spinner for a few years then its based on something..

Tell me when was the last time our spinners did anything in England. They struggled even in peak summer of August. You are talking about early June. Lastly, use common sense instead of so called experts. Soil doesn't get warm untill temperature stays above 25 degrees for sometime. 

Edited by rkt.india

Our seamers have to bowl with fire. Bairstow destroyed our seamers. Nowadays pitch is at its best for batting on day 5 in England for whatever reason.  Siraj and Sham are our hopes. But once their spell is done we will be sitting ducks as our third and fourth seaming options are not that encouraging. Ishant was an ideal foil when he was with the team.

23 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Our seamers have to bowl with fire. Bairstow destroyed our seamers. Nowadays pitch is at its best for batting on day 5 in England for whatever reason.  Siraj and Sham are our hopes. But once their spell is done we will be sitting ducks as our third and fourth seaming options are not that encouraging. Ishant was an ideal foil when he was with the team.

Barstow did it cause of dumbass coolie. Also he was dropped. 

Nalaa usupii yethi avaanalam kuda adikavichitangu namba coolie nayee. 

Besides we weren't in form at the time at all for the fifth test. We came right after ipl with zero practice. 

Edited by Jay