Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

On 4/28/2023 at 10:46 PM, Jay said:

Absolutely pathetic. Rahane is back lmao. Wow. Unbelievable corrupt india. 

What are the options ? We don’t have quality bats in domestics. The sarfaraz guy struggled is what I heard he couldn’t even but bat to ball recently. Rahane has good record in tests in England. He does struggle in India on spinning pitches but apart from I have seen Rahane won matches for us in Australia, England and SA.

Edited by gattaca
On 4/30/2023 at 1:03 AM, AuxiliA said:

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane  Axar

KL (wk)

Jadeja

Ashwin

Umesh  Unadkat

Shami

Siraj

That is a team we can all be proud of!!!

The Three Musketeers in pace (Unadkat, Shami, Siraj) AND spin (Ashwin, Jadeja, Axar). How can anyone compete against this? If Dumas had these two pairs of Musketeers, His eminence - the Cardinal Richelieu would never have dared challenge Louis XIII and mess with Anne of Austria.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Most of the top OZ batsmen are not being part of the IPL. Smith, Labu, Head, Usman.  They will be fresh locked and loaded. These tired out of form oldies will sh** bricks at the oval

Bharat - thayir sadham

Rohit - vada pav

Coolie - vegan weakling pussy

Gill - quality but can't play swing iirc

Pujara - vegetarian ghass poof

Sundar - quality but glass man

Ashwin - old now and now suited for England and probably won't play

Jaddu bhai- quality but getting old

Thakur - was good but now he is fat and lost pace. Too much money

Shami - world class but old now. Still good for every alternate game. 

Siraj - world class but needs to up his game in swing conditions 

Rana or kuldeep should be unleashed. 

If we can *ing pick jasiwal, sarfraz in the middle and maybe rinku we have a good chance to win. No pant Hurst us bad though

Given our selections we have like 1 batsman lmao

Pant is a hoooooooooooooge lose. Huuuuuuge. We are so **** without his batting. He installs fear in opponents. 

16 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

What has Ishan Kishan done at first class level to warrant a test selection?

Maybe because he is a left hander and a keeper..so selectors thought he can do a Rishabh Pant.

First class is anyway not a parameter these days to get selected. 

Edited by singhvivek141
7 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Maybe because he is a left hander and a keeper..so selectors thought he can do a Rishabh Pant.

First class is anyway not a parameter these days to get selected. 

I know that’s my point- as I have said before if the only parameters to get selected are IPL performance and if you’re right or left handed then Ranji trophy should be disbanded… might as well be a circus show now

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I know that’s my point- as I have said before if the only parameters to get selected are IPL performance and if you’re right or left handed then Ranji trophy should be disbanded… might as well be a circus show now

This was bound to happen, IPL has overtaken domestic tournaments.

We don't even telecast most of the matches, and those days are long gone when we used to have selectors who used go and watch cricket games and then challenge coach/captain for inclusion of a player.

I think Kiran More fought for MSD's selection even though DK was the preferred choice...at those days selectors actually were selectors.

Now, all we have are paplu jhaplu type selectors who will say "yes" to everything which coach or captain will say without thinking twice.

9 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

This was bound to happen, IPL has overtaken domestic tournaments.

Not surprisingly as people can see that many domestic players do not quite measure up against top international and national talent. It can become difficult to put a high value on performances in domestics where these players play against each other. We have seen how the likes of Vihari's Ranji #s are flashed when at the international level he would look as if he has miles to go before he can sleep. 

PS One weak domestic batsman or bowler can make a team lose in IPL. In Ranjis and other domestic, teams are full of such players. 

Edited by zen