I fail to understand exclusion of Ashwin: Sachin Tendulkar

sage

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/icc-world-test-championship/i-fail-to-understand-exclusion-of-ashwin-sachin-tendulkar/articleshow/100920020

"India had to bat big in the first innings to stay in the game, but they couldn't. There were some good moments for Team India, but I fail to understand the exclusion of Ashwin in the playing XI, who is currently the number one Test bowler in the world," Tendulkar tweeted on Sunday.

What surprised Tendulkar is the fact that he found it difficult to believe that a bowler of Ashwin's calibre can't be used in conditions which are seamer-friendly.

"Like I had mentioned before the match, skilful spinners don't always rely on turning tracks, they use drift in the air and bounce off the surface to disguise their variations. Not to forget, Australia had 5 left-handers out of their top 8 batters."

40 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Tendulkar always beat the dead horse; Time to man up and state the real culprits of the match. 

This is the closest you get from him lol He always stays away from controversy. Never seen him taking a dig at selection call.  He didn't say anything about atrocious field setting, strategy against Travis head by Rohit sharma.

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Don't dare attack king kohli lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIS12VU_n39lG6aMqarX-

I used to be his biggest fan. I still appreciate how much of a devastating batsman he was till 2019. But not anymore. Unlike his immature, rabid fan base, I have the ability to call spade a spade. He has been a complete shadow of himself since 2020. It's been 4 long years. There is a limit to patience, and I have lost all my patience with him. He needs to retire, or be dropped, at least from the Test format.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to Australia on winning the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WTCFinal?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WTCFinal</a>. They are the deserved winners. India lost it in their minds when they decided to exclude Ashwin against a left-handed heavy attack. Plus the top order needed to bat better. Need to have better mindset and approach to win…</p>&mdash; Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) <a href="https://twitter.com/virendersehwag/status/1667925514944905240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Stupid comment from Sachin..This is not first time Ashwin is dropped in SENA. Last time when he was dropped, India got better results in England.

That England was a one man army lol Root was the only one who could bat. They got owned in the batting department even by Ireland. If the current Indian side plays against England they will be whitewashed.

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

That England was a one man army lol Root was the only one who could bat. They got owned in the batting department even by Ireland. If the current Indian side plays against England they will be whitewashed.

Honestly, Ashwin playing or not playing won't have altered the consequence of game either way.

Point here is that SRT like always will pretend to be a nice guy and not deal with the real reason behind the failure of the game- the batting of top 4. Rahane performed in this test but we all know his capability.

24 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Honestly, Ashwin playing or not playing won't have altered the consequence of game either way.

Point here is that SRT like always will pretend to be a nice guy and not deal with the real reason behind the failure of the game- the batting of top 4. Rahane performed in this test but we all know his capability.

One cannot be sure about thata. Australia was below their standard  in this match. Head stood up. SMith stood up. Labu, Usman, Warner all failed to make an impact.  Bowlingwise they were average bar Boland.  Those two innings were the difference. Besides Umesh was not leaking but also leaking fast and zero contribution with bat. Match would have been much closer. Australia was conservative mostly.