Gadar 2- Proper Cringe Material.

Bigg Brother

6 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Gadar 2 was always going to be targeted at the rickshawala chapri single screen audience- this OTT jingoism and illogical storyline to bash Pakistani army would have worked in 2001 but not in 2023. It was another way for Anil Sharma to make a film for his rubbish acting son because he knew no one else would cast him

Again stresses my point the quality of a film in India is not seen through the actual content and screenplay but more around BO collections- sad times. This obsession with BO collections needs to stop!!

First off, your assertion is plain wrong. Gadar 2 has done well everywhere. Not just the single screens.

More than Pak army bashing, the producer wanted to cash in on nostalgia related to Gadar 1, and he has successfully done that.

Also, the point of a movie for a producer is to make money. BO collections are all that matter. Producers don't make movies so NRIs when hanging out with their western friends are not embarrassed by what they see on the silver screen :dontknow:.

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

First off, your assertion is plain wrong. Gadar 2 has done well everywhere. Not just the single screens.

More than Pak army bashing, the producer wanted to cash in on nostalgia related to Gadar 1, and he has successfully done that.

Also, the point of a movie for a producer is to make money. BO collections are all that matter. Producers don't make movies so NRIs when hanging out with their western friends are not embarrassed by what they see on the silver screen :dontknow:.

Change that to Indian movie producers then- do you not think 20th Cen Fox, Universal, etc also pump 100s of millions of dollars in making a film? do you not think they care about making a profit- but you hardly see hollywood audience reviewers using the BO collection as a lense for the success of the movie but more around the actual content or YT channels making 5 vids a day around BO collections and predictions... this is a India problem and god knows why does it matter to the audience if a film has made X crores... If the film is good, word of mouth and reviews will ensure it has a good BO collection- that is the automatic outcome. But somehow the BO collection is seen as the objective rather than making a good film.

Gadar 2 can make 500 crores but is it actually a good film? No chance. Aadipurush made 200/300 crores- is it a good film deffo not.

Film making all around the world is progressing to make good content but Bollywood is still stuck in the BO jerk off circle.

20 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Change that to Indian movie producers then- do you not think 20th Cen Fox, Universal, etc also pump 100s of millions of dollars in making a film? do you not think they care about making a profit- but you hardly see hollywood audience reviewers using the BO collection as a lense for the success of the movie but more around the actual content or YT channels making 5 vids a day around BO collections and predictions... this is a India problem and god knows why does it matter to the audience if a film has made X crores... If the film is good, word of mouth and reviews will ensure it has a good BO collection- that is the automatic outcome. But somehow the BO collection is seen as the objective rather than making a good film.

Gadar 2 can make 500 crores but is it actually a good film? No chance. Aadipurush made 200/300 crores- is it a good film deffo not.

Film making all around the world is progressing to make good content but Bollywood is still stuck in the BO jerk off circle.

Don't think Hollywood is far removed form the economic necessities of film making.

How else can you explain the multitude of dour and drab, but financially rewarding avengers vs scavengers, dc vs marvel nonsense that has gone on for more than a decade and a half? 

Edited by Mariyam

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Don't think Hollywood is far removed form the economic necessities of film making.

How else can you explain the multitude of dour and drab, but financially rewarding avengers vs scavengers, dc vs marvel nonsense that has gone on for more than a decade and a half? 

Yes exactly- im not saying hollywood desire for profit translates on performance-the BO is purely driven by the faxt that hollywood films are released in EVEy country so even if its not as good film like Fast X or the new marvel it will still make a few hundred million $ but if its rubbish YT and film reviewers will talk about on it's quality rather than hype up the $1B dollars it has made... and believe me the amount of criticism Fast franchises or Marvel or Disney woke rubbish is getting is unreal and widespread.

25 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Yes exactly- im not saying hollywood desire for profit translates on performance-the BO is purely driven by the faxt that hollywood films are released in EVEy country so even if its not as good film like Fast X or the new marvel it will still make a few hundred million $ but if its rubbish YT and film reviewers will talk about on it's quality rather than hype up the $1B dollars it has made... and believe me the amount of criticism Fast franchises or Marvel or Disney woke rubbish is getting is unreal and widespread.

Fast X was somehow decent than the last one...  I haven't watched any new marvel stuff except GOG V3 recently.  I simply feel superhero stuff is done & ruined now.   The Boys explored something entirely different & realistic & its characters are more famous than Gen Z marvel stars that nobody knows.  DC is doomed with every release. 

Disney is complete woke rubbish atm. 

I watched new Jackie Chan & John Cena's action movie on Netflix & it is complete Chinese production.  No woke nonsense just a plain old school action comedy.  

Also Wandering Earth another Chinese Sci fi Gem.  Safe to day their film making & CGI is leagues ahead of us. 

Indians sadly like nonsense like KGF & Gadar 2 or Pathan which honestly would be trashed everywhere in the world.

Add a macho man hero & add some deshbhakt element & boom movie is a success. 

2 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Not withstanding gadar series, Sunny deol is one of the very few star kids who overshadowed their parents, he played many roles which are actually unforgettable, Border, Damini, ghayal, ghatak...best suited for physically strong and angry type characters...

yeah was a superstar of 90s. Sad how he faded away.

Its unpredictable Indian film markets. Many cringe films has failed, whereas this has succeeded. Maybe, its timing, and basically luck. 

Also, seems our audiences watch movies for the feel-good factor rather than substance. Its like they feel proud that their cinema money is going for good cause, be it their favourite actor, scene, songs. 

21 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Not withstanding gadar series, Sunny deol is one of the very few star kids who overshadowed their parents, he played many roles which are actually unforgettable, Border, Damini, ghayal, ghatak...best suited for physically strong and angry type characters...

Has he really surpassed Dharam Paaji? @Mariyam may know better, but wasn't Sunny's dad the number 2 behind peak Amitabh for more than 2 decades? 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Has he really surpassed Dharam Paaji? @Mariyam may know better, but wasn't Sunny's dad the number 2 behind peak Amitabh for more than 2 decades? 

I have watched Dharmendras work. While he was good, sunny is better. That's a personal opinion not about the fame.... Salman Khan is more famous than Sunny, but for me, Sunny is clearly better.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Only actor who had the potential to surpass Amitabh was Vinod Khanna...  Big B still gets annoyed when People mention that they loved him so much.  It was predicted in the industry he was destined to overthrow him. 

Then Osho Rajneesh Acharya came into the picture & rest is history. 

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

I have watched Dharmendras work. While he was good, sunny is better. That's a personal opinion not about the fame.... Salman Khan is more famous than Sunny, but for me, Sunny is clearly better.

Kya baat kar raha. I am saying this a heterosexual straight man, Dharmendra in 50-70s was the most handsome looking of all heroes. Also, a versatile actor who had a range of roles from Haqeeqat, Satyakaam, to even comedy roles in Chuke Chupke. His action hero movies in 70s (mera gaon mera desh) was a pre-cursor to Sholay type movies Sunny Deol as an actor is typecasted to Ghayal, Damini, Ghatak and Gadar type of action hero., He has not overshadowed his dad one bit

I have fond memories of Dharmender movies... talented actor very handsome agree with everything..other deols are much less talented than Sunny or dharam..I just love Sunny's roles more than dharam... Versatility has marks and dharmender scores more there, I also think he outclassed Amitabh in sholey although both him and Amitabh were excellent ... enjoy one of Sunny's many scenes (this one from border)

Edited by randomGuy

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Interesting question. Got me thinking.

Sunny is obviously the bigger commercial success. But has he ever essayed a role where he doesn't have to, you know, scream at the top of his lungs?

He has his niche which he has exploited well. Ruptured a few ear drums in the process.

Dharam Paaji is a far better actor. He's done it all. Romance. Comedy. Action. Drama.

The only thing is that its very difficult to remember a hit film of Dharam Paaji where he didn't have another co-star. Those were the days of the multi starrers.

AB overshadowed him in Sholay.

Vinod K overshadowed him in 'mera gaon mera des'

Sunny on the other hand, has hits delivered solely on the prowess of his acting chops/ funny dance moves and crossing the permissible decibel levels.

Dharam Paaji started his Bollywood career nearly a decade before AB. So there was a time when he was the leading man in the industry.