11 vs Pak: Given Iyer just coming back and KL out

Sooda

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Every good team has a leg spinner. I would have taken Chahal or Bishnoi over Axar Patel just for the variety.

Chahal had his chances, he simply has no speed thru air to make a difference in 50 overs now.Bishnoi bowls only one delivery that is his problem.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

We have to try Harshit Rana and Hangargekar as the No.8 after the WC is over.

In this WC we don't have other options except Axar. 

That's for future. But yes seems Axar is the only worthy choice for #8 but his problem is that he becomes like to like bowler as Jadeja. Best option imo is to go with three pacers and kuldeep between #8-11 and if the need be then depending on opposition, we can include Axar as well.

They have the squad. Shreyas and KL are not ready, they should give as many chances to fringe players as much as possible.

Rohit and TM must be prepared to lose. WC is more important than this silly tourney

Ishan

Gill

Tilak

Rohit

Gill

Pandya

SKY

Jadeja/Axar

Siraj

Prasidh

Bumrah

We need to see if Prasidh can bowl against top opposition and if 2 left-handers at the top 3 can counter the inswing of Shaheen, Naseem.  Also, get overs out of the part-timers, especially Tilak.

We can go back to Shami if Prasidh does not work and can always go back to Hardik at 6 and Jadeja at 7 if part-timers don't work

Also, Kohli and Rohit can go back to the top 3 if this doesn't work.

It's late in the WC cycle but if we don't try it out now, we are going to lose anyway.

as far as bowling is concerned..these three are penetrative bowlers for us:

Boom

Siraj

Kuldeep

Pandya + Jadeja are okayish for me..as they do batting as well..

the extra AR--is the conundrum..we need one more penetrative bowler in the lineup to keep wicket taking options available in middle overs.

be it Shami or Prasidh..else

if we go with Thakur or Axar..our side will always be decent but not a top side..and will keep struggling occassionally against lower sides too..

I prefer grooming players like Rana or Hanga for this AR role..as with the above bowling line up..we lack penetration and I give only 60% chance of winning for team India in coming world cup..

I would rather fail at this Asia Cup,worldcup and any other ODI series..but want 90% chances in next world cup or other ICC events..

Edited by Need4Speed
51 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Sharma 

Gill

Kohli

Verma

Rahul/Kishan

Pandya

Jadeja

Thakur

K Yadav

Siraj

Bumrah 

Welcome back, after a long time.  Good team.  Just 1 surname correction.  It's Varma (south indian- telugu).    Not Verma (which is usually found in North India).  

Edited by Frustrated

What is this nonsense obsession with Tilak,he is not gonna play single game and rightly so as he will not selected for World Cup .he is Just cover of Iyer .

Rohit 

Gill

Virat 

No experiment with top 3 .they are only hope in batting department .

No. 4 ideal position for Iyer as we need spin basher in middle over 

No. 5 if Rahul is fit then he is also automatic choice in odi if not then we have really some problem as Kishan only good at opening position but we should play him at 5 

6 - Hardik but he need to play some quality cricket rather than media statement

7 - Jadeja 

8 - Shardul/ Shami 

9 - Kuldeep

10- Siraj 

11- Jassi 

11 hours ago, Majestic said:

Yes, KL Rahul is not fit so he gotta sit out.

Yes yes of course he is not fit ......but of course he has to sit out.

He will regain his fitness 2 days after this match to play Nepal.

Edited by AKane
On 8/22/2023 at 10:46 PM, Sean Bradley said:

My XI and the batting order would be

Gill

Kishan

Virat

Rohit

Iyer

Verma

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Siraj

Bumrah 

Tilak Verma and Iyer hopefully can roll their arms over when needed.

8 good batting options 2 Ars and 2 part timers, 2 Spinners. 

I like this team as well other than @express bowling first team. As i dont think we need 6 bowlers also as Pandya batting has gone to dogs and bowling has improve a bit i would force him to bowl 10 overs than hiding behind 6 bowling option. BTW Tilak and Iyer can rotate their arm in worst situation but my preference would be to play 6 pure batters.