India suspends visa services for Canadians

rangeelaraja

16 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Indians don’t need visa to come to India they will have OCI card or they have to apply for OCI if they don’t have one. But this is more making it tough for Canadians to come to India.

I thought they are cancelling OCIs too. If they don't have OCI, they are Canadians only and visa is being refused unless its done on case by case basis.

19 minutes ago, Lord said:

I thought they are cancelling OCIs too. If they don't have OCI, they are Canadians only and visa is being refused unless its done on case by case basis.

OCI for khalistanis should be cancelled especially if someone involved in the activities and crime. Don’t think they have taken the step. 

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

OCI for khalistanis should be cancelled especially if someone involved in the activities and crime. Don’t think they have taken the step. 

That means it has to be case by case basis, then its okay. Shouldn't cancel OCIs and decline visas for everyone.

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

So we cannot convict someone to do what you are suggesting. That was my point. 

you can convict in absentia.  Or have legal proceedings that go beyond just initial charges. Something like what a grand jury does in the US legal system for example.  That was my point.  Build a case systematically, have proper procedural steps followed to provide sound basis for taking punitive action.  That pre-emptively takes moronic shrieking of "authoritarian" off the table.  or at a minimum, destroys their credibility.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

That means it has to be case by case basis, then it’s okay. Shouldn't cancel OCIs and decline visas for everyone.

Tavleen Singh’s Pakistani son Aatish Tasser’s OCI is canceled, so is bastard Ashok Swine’s. GoI has the prerogatives to grant or deny or cancel OCIs. Canadians would have to travel to US to apply for an Indian visa now if they don’t have an OCI. 

Edited by coffee_rules

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Tavleen Singh’s Pakistani son Aatish Tasser’s OCI is canceled, so is bastard Ashok Swine’s. GoI has the prerogatives to grant or deny or cancel OCIs. Canadians would have to travel to US to apply for an Indian visa now if they don’t have an OCI. 

1. My point was to not do it as a policy but on case by case basis. Seems that'll be the case. Ofcourse GOI has power even now to grant or reject visa/OCI.

2. If GOI denies someone visa/OCI based on suspect activities, can he just move to US and get it? If yes, that defeats the whole purpose of the move.

20 minutes ago, Lord said:

1. My point was to not do it as a policy but on case by case basis. Seems that'll be the case. Ofcourse GOI has power even now to grant or reject visa/OCI.

2. If GOI denies someone visa/OCI based on suspect activities, can he just move to US and get it? If yes, that defeats the whole purpose of the move.

For #2 - no. Once you have been denied a visa, for whatever reason, reapplication from another visa office ( whether its in your country or a foreign country) is automatically denied. Not just for India, for every nation. 

Current scenario is that of India suspending consular services in Canada, which means Canadians will have to go to a third party nation ( USA most likely) to apply for and get visa. This isnt shocking in its scope either - no nation has consular services in every single nation and in nations that don't have consular service of said nation, they have to go to a third party nation for accessing said consular services. For eg, India doesn't have consular services in Chad and Estonia. People there seeking Indian visa will have to access consular service via another third party nation. It doesn't change your chances of getting visa - it just is a royal pain in the pass to deal with.

India has thrown the perfect bait to Canada here. In this tit-for-tat World of diplomacy, by suspending visas, we are pulling out a trump card that we can use as leverage. Go ahead, Canada, suspend visas for students that take up 40% of your university seats and effectively help run your education business. Suspend visas for high-skill labour that effectively runs your technology and healthcare industries.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

India has thrown the perfect bait to Canada here. In this tit-for-tat World of diplomacy, by suspending visas, we are pulling out a trump card that we can use as leverage. Go ahead, Canada, suspend visas for students that take up 40% of your university seats and effectively help run your education business. Suspend visas for high-skill labour that effectively runs your technology and healthcare industries.

Yup Indian students fees run unis in US and Canada. 

On 9/21/2023 at 8:23 AM, sandeep said:

That has to be a post-conviction thing, not for 'accused'.  Or for those directly associated with violent crimes.  But suspension of OCI - suspension of "PIO" rights to buy property - these things are soft privileges and can be legally exercised without catching unnecessary flak for "witch-hunt", "authoritarian overreach" etc.  

Indian govt needs to use a scalpel/needle not a cannon to go after these idiotic insects. Learn from the utter stupidity of the CCP, no need to go overboard.  

I know who is taking these decisions in the govt ……. :) ICF is informed a week before almost. 

Edited by rangeelaraja

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/nia-seizes-chandigarh-property-of-khalistani-extremist-gurpatwant-singh-pannun-101695455689590-amp.html

ICFs man with ears into the decision making room said it here on ICF a week before — all physical assets of these Khali rats will be confiscated soon. And that’s what has happened. 

3 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/nia-seizes-chandigarh-property-of-khalistani-extremist-gurpatwant-singh-pannun-101695455689590-amp.html

ICFs man with ears into the decision making room said it here on ICF a week before — all physical assets of these Khali rats will be confiscated soon. And that’s what has happened. 

Question is why were we sleeping till now. What were successive govts waiting for. Next I hope they cancel OCIs en masse. 

On 9/22/2023 at 12:08 AM, Texan said:

If I were Canada, I would do the exact opposite. I would make Visa process more lenient. 

On 9/21/2023 at 10:24 PM, Muloghonto said:

For #2 - no. Once you have been denied a visa, for whatever reason, reapplication from another visa office ( whether its in your country or a foreign country) is automatically denied. Not just for India, for every nation. 

Current scenario is that of India suspending consular services in Canada, which means Canadians will have to go to a third party nation ( USA most likely) to apply for and get visa. This isnt shocking in its scope either - no nation has consular services in every single nation and in nations that don't have consular service of said nation, they have to go to a third party nation for accessing said consular services. For eg, India doesn't have consular services in Chad and Estonia. People there seeking Indian visa will have to access consular service via another third party nation. It doesn't change your chances of getting visa - it just is a royal pain in the pass to deal with.

It depends on type of the reason also. Once I was denied UK visa in Hyderabad and got it within a week from Mumbai office.