Selfish. Arrogant.

Sooda

15 minutes ago, Sooda said:

4 runs with 4 no 11s to come in next 

Arrey yaar, yes those are 4 number 11s, but the match was done and dusted after that 6 and 4 in Boult's over. Let's have some perspective. But up to you if you and few others on theforum would want to keep looking for negatives after every match.

If you can't trust your last 4 wickets to score 5 runs with ample deliveries remaining, irrespective of personnel, forget about winning this cup.

Shami has test 50s, he isn't the greatest lower order batsman but is not a clueless mug either. Kuldeep is also serviceable in run a ball situations.

I abhor milestone chasing myself, but this game was signed and sealed off. No issues with Kohli going for glory with 5 off 16 needed. Jadeja was set at the other end.

I know its not over till its over but match was pretty much over by then..

Along with Jaddu..if our tail cant make 4 runs..then..please pack ur bags..we dont deserve to be a winner of world cup..

if it was only Kohli+tail I wud have criticized too..

Edited by Need4Speed

I absolutely loved his Innings tonight ,he was nonchalant and never looked in trouble throughout the innings ,it Was a masterclass !

Also I wanted him to score The 100 but fairly ! That single he denied was the boiling point for me ,I don't care what anybody says here or In Social Media ,he absolutely disrespected ,Disregarded the opposition, Team goal for a personal Gain .

Absolutely shameful! Justice was served ,he got out on 95 and couldn't score that 100!!

He could have easily milked a couple of singles and rotated the strike ,then later on hit the winning run with a 4 or 6 and everybody would have applauded him but alas !

56 minutes ago, adi B said:

I absolutely loved his Innings tonight ,he was nonchalant and never looked in trouble throughout the innings ,it Was a masterclass !

Also I wanted him to score The 100 but fairly ! That single he denied was the boiling point for me ,I don't care what anybody says here or In Social Media ,he absolutely disrespected ,Disregarded the opposition, Team goal for a personal Gain .

Absolutely shameful! Justice was served ,he got out on 95 and couldn't score that 100!!

He could have easily milked a couple of singles and rotated the strike ,then later on hit the winning run with a 4 or 6 and everybody would have applauded him but alas !

Yes ..5 runs were needed,rotate strike,4,jaddu rotates 3..and then finish it off with a couple,single or a 4. He miscalculated going for glory shot. 

44 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Yes ..5 runs were needed,rotate strike,4,jaddu rotates 3..and then finish it off with a couple,single or a 4. He miscalculated going for glory shot. 

He had a brainfade ,this was it,it didn't look good

He could have got his 100 just had to knock 1 and 2s,Jaddus 1 and then hit boundary

He has chased many times but to equal Tendulkar caught over him

Now people are talking about this rather than his spectacular innings otherwise

Edited by Suhaan

Kohli played a wonderful knock today and won us the game. It was a great innings.

But denying the single at the end sends a wrong signal about the team's goals.

It's immaterial whether our winning chance was very high or not. It is a freaking World Cup game and no importance should be given to personal milestones. 

Stats padding can be done in bilateral ODIs by those who care for such things. 

4 hours ago, rageaddict said:

India with 3 wickets in hand needed 5 runs against Zimbabwe during the 99 WC and still ended up losing that match thanks to Olonga. Yes it happens once in 20 years but still there is a probability of it happening . There were no reliable batters to follow here. Kuldeep, Bumrah, Siraj could get dismissed in no time. Century wasn't more important than the team victory here that the team could afford to have  Shami coming out to bat, and it's a shame Kohli didn't even get it the end even after denying singles.

I have never seen a batsman in his 90s denying singles to get his century. Usually the other batsman plays dot balls , must be the first instance of this happening ,that too in a WC Match..

Username is appropriate.

Well I agree that if it had been a knock out game, may be minimize risk a bit more and consider the possibility of things going absolutely haywire. I’m sure he will do that. 

But today, with just 5 runs needed at a strike rate of 33% and with Jadeja well set, I’d do the same if I was him. Been saying this, I love that arrogance with the bat. You gotta troll or demolish the opposition at times. He totally bossed them today. I think he signaled NZ what he thinks of them when he’s set lol. Even Jadeja refused to score later on just like Rahul. 

Let’s think of the extreme. I mean what if he needed 2 runs of 200 balls with 10 wickets remaining? I wouldn't take the single there coz the beat up opposition can very likely concede an extra. That makes sense. Yes be selfless but also be practical. It’s all about risk calibration. And that will change if it was a knock out.

Now he could have scored a single and let Jadeja decide for himself if wanted to give Virat strike. That’s better. But Jadeja doesn’t give the impression of a cerebral guy so probably dint trust him lol.

Edited by MK55
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli played a wonderful knock today and won us the game. It was a great innings.

But denying the single at the end sends a wrong signal about the team's goals.

It's immaterial whether our winning chance was very high or not. It is a freaking World Cup game and no importance should be given to personal milestones. 

Stats padding can be done in bilateral ODIs by those who care for such things. 

team's goals were to win. we would have won anyway. I will have a big issue with kohli if he does this in a tight game, but when he went for that 6, it was no longer a tight game. shami could have finished it in 1 ball if he so desired - a six, and all over