India v New Zealand : 1st Semi Final : Pre-match discussion thread

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Hearing rumours that Ashwin may play tomorrow for extra batting in place of Siraj... If true, it'll be a monumental fukkup if we bowl second and their batters survive the initial burst from Bumrah/Shami...

Siraj has a brilliant record at this venue.

Dravid and Rohit would be itching to mess things up

54 minutes ago, Lord said:

Tbf to our chumps they failed mostly while chasing, even SS failed when he was chasing a par or above par score vs SA in Lucknow. He would also fail I bet if Oz have to chase par/above par scores in Kolkata. Chasing in KO is not easy, no one has more than 2 innings of note & no one chasing impossible targets like 359 in 2003 WC - so don't rail against SRT failing in that game :om:

Edited by R!TTER
17 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Dravid and Rohit would be itching to mess things up

all rumors..no truth..same squad.. lot dravid is playing the Mikel Arteta game.. before every match he says saka not feeling well martinelli has a niggle and then all of these players are fit by the time match kicks off to the amusement of opposition.. they are just spreading rumors through certain sources.. oh but what i have heard is R Ashwin has played a massive role in the team strategy in the whole WC.. have heard that apparently he sits with the analyst team and he is one of the main brains behind many of the decisions and he knows in depth the weakness of all these players..rathour kohli rohit dravid ashwin are the main brains..

Edited by neel roy
1 hour ago, BlueBlood said:

If fans are scared of India losing batting 2nd/chasing then India doesn't deserve to be called #1 team its as simple as that.

If you need toss to help you then that's no different than relying on luck.

Play the same team and go for the kill.

If Siraj is injured replace him with Prasidh but don't bring Ashwin in there as there's never been a case where Jadeja failed and Ashwin succeeded. 

And the joke of India leading the group is good enough is also pathetic. You win the cup due to pressure situations. Otherwise there will be a choker tag for life similar to SA.

ICF is always scared. Always finding small faults. Even if the team scores 400, lot of ink goes towards how they could have got 450. If we win chasing then the are scared till the last 5 runs even if we are 4 down only.

Just too much negative thinking than positive and enjoying the game. there is a sense that everyone should play perfectly and crush opposition every time (just win is not enough). 

Just now, Lord said:

Just preparing for tomorrow. I don't get the overconfidence here by some.

Why does our confidence or lack of it matter? The only thing that would is the players themselves & everyone copes with pressure their own way - pressure is the only thing that may down us, as it has for so many times in the past. And that's what makes sports what it is, otherwise we'd all just watch WWE :boxing:

NZ won't make anything more than 310 if they bat first and our batsmen has the ability to see off the initial 20 over swing at Wankhede and take advantage of the dew and finish off the chase. SKY would play an important role. If India bats first, it will be one way traffic as NZ can't chase the 340+ score that we would put up.

I have said in other thread that the only scenario where India could lose in semis is SA batting first at Mumbai and post a 370+ score. Only they have the batting might to take advantage of the batting pitch against Indian bowling when batting first. And they have a very good bowling attack to defend 370 against India even if the dew comes in. No other scenarios would make India lose in semis. Now that this scenario is impossible, I don't see any other outcome than India marching onto the Finals, to hopefully avenge the 2003 finals but that is for another day.

14 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Meh the last time I really lost my cool over an India loss was 2003 final, that & probably never since. I'd love to see India win every game but with each passing day another loss seems to matter even less, much more important things in life than sports where you have 0.00 control over the final outcome :bebored:

I try to pretend likewise, but very hard :sad: