India Australia Final - Pre-match discussion

Who will win  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2023 at 03:45 AM

6 minutes ago, neel roy said:
1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Going to be one tough match. Hopefully, its a slow wicket with a bit of slow turn. Not sure India can consistently beat Australia on flat pitches. 

On contrary India hammered them in the first 2 matches of recent odi series in flat pancakes. In last 6 odis in Aus against Aus on their roads its 3-3. Ind won series in 2018 they won in 2020/21. Indias batting has always been good on flat pitches..

What kind of pitch is Ahmedabad? I mean typically.

Edited by AKane
17 minutes ago, AKane said:

Cricinfo is saying bat second...dew will come in and pitch gets better to bat.2011 and 2019 wc final win by chasing as also recent t20 finals align with recent Ahmedabad match history 

Pitch may not be a major factor here.

Same pitch as India vs pak which India won chasing

21 minutes ago, AKane said:

Ahmedabad has always been good for chasing..under lights ball comes easy. See all ipl stats. Rinku Singh 5 sixes Ahmedabad. So if india can restrict aus to 300 we should win. Pak was on course to make 315 when they collapsed. India still would have chased that. But if india scores 375+ india will win because Aus middle order smith labu cant play big shots and singles together on a rote like iyer kohli rahul can on Indian pitches.. against kuldeep when run rate goes up you wont be able to hit straight down the ground as its 75 metres.. so you have to slog sweep which will bring lbw into play against him and jadeja 

Edited by neel roy

Best case scenario for India: bats first scores 370 with Sharma getting a big century,all bowlers getting 2 wkts each and Australia folding for 230 odd.

Worst case scenario: Aussies score 330 odd and India loses a bunch of wkts leading to the crowd pelting cans and bottles on the ground with the libbies having a field day in the aftermath and broadbrushing gujju crowd as a reflection of fascist India.

46 minutes ago, neel roy said:

On contrary India hammered them in the first 2 matches of recent odi series in flat pancakes. In last 6 odis in Aus against Aus on their roads its 3-3. Ind won series in 2018 they won in 2020/21. Indias batting has always been good on flat pitches..

Neither of those 2 ODIs had the first choice quartet of bowlers playing for Australia. 

Only 1 seamer and Zampa was playing then. 

There is quite a bit of a drop off in quality while facing Abbott, Green etc. 

Also, they didn't have Travis Head or Maxwell either. 

This is a very different side. 

A slow pitch will negate their Top 3 + Maxwell who are probably the 4 most destructive batters on flat pitches. 

Our batters have more skill on slightly tackier surfaces and brings Jadeja into the game as well. 

Just now, Lord said:

Also emphasizes how nerves play a part. That's why knockouts are necessary.

Yeah things you do throughout your life...  That muscle memory,  that instinct in your body..  It is put to test in the final. 

The first over would be huuuuge for the nerves...  It will settle down eventually. 

Fortunately Rohit is extremely experienced but WC final is a new territory even for him. 

Gill has been part of two WTC finals now...  And he came out swinging in WTC 2020 final

53 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah things you do throughout your life...  That muscle memory,  that instinct in your body..  It is put to test in the final. 

The first over would be huuuuge for the nerves...  It will settle down eventually. 

Fortunately Rohit is extremely experienced but WC final is a new territory even for him. 

Gill has been part of two WTC finals now...  And he came out swinging in WTC 2020 final

Also best part of this indian team is the same team can play test. Every single player is a test player. Every single bowler is gun test bowlers. Again on flip side in this team except for pandya ( injured) is a t20 team. Every single player. None of the 9 teams have 10/11 players who are sure shot picks in all 3 formats. So they have faced all different scenarios one can ever imagine facing in different conditions.. which in a high profile game is a bonus..

India is no doubt on paper and performance the strongest and more powerful team,but in my view it will be the Australian mental resilience and tenacity,to resurrect from adversity that will prevail.On it's day the Aussies will blow all cylinders and conquer opposition in the manner of a coming operation.

On pure merit India ahead,but do not match the Aussie big match temperament.Reminds me of the fighting and collective spirit of Alan Border led team of 1987,when upsetting Pakistan and England.

Australian batting vulnerable in middle order,particularly against spin.Hardly so convincing against South Africa and New Zealand and were on the brink of loisng against Afghanistan

Poignant to remember how in 1983,1987 ,1992 and 1996,non-favourites won the title,who were not man to man the best sides.
To me Australia 51% and India 49%

9 hours ago, neel roy said:

Never ever I have felt so happy being painted as villain no 1 across the globe due to our skills and resources. Peps Guardiola comes to mind. Every single club hates them. Even I do being an arsenal fan. We try to throw up accusations that the referee premier league all supporting them and they have all these ffp issues. They get away without red cards ( rodri) and VAR etc etc. But deep down we all know what they are capable of. When they go on a run they blast everyone away like they did to my arsenal. I m still salty about it but inside there is grudging respect that yes they have the guts to swat everyone aside with skills atheleticism and sheer focus to win.. India in todays day is nothing different.. 

I think hatred and painted as a villain definitely applies in the EPL and a similar emotional impact is felt with the AFL and Rubgy in Australia. As you would know in the EPL its not only passionate but very emotional and the hatred and anger runs very deep with fans. It really rules the lives of fans 24/7.

With India and cricket, there is a dislike but I wouldnt say other countries have a genuine hatred and or anger towards us.  That emotional impact is just for that game, outside of that, its really a non issue.                     

This excludes Pakistan of course lol.

I want India to absolutely blow away Australia. Don't want a close match at all. 

Want some pain for all the Aussie cheering supposedly Indian fans. England this, England that and English have gone … SA this and SA that and they have gone as well.. NZ has scarred India and NZ are gone.. Finally beat the damn Aussies and win the cup to become one of the best WC winning sides ever. 

1 hour ago, Strangering said:

Some facts - 

1. I don't think I'll sleep tonight. 

2. Idk if my heart can bare the pain if India doesn't win tomorrow. 

This is the chance to avenge 2003. 

Yes me too its 12 am now and 1 m loitering around in my house doing nothing.. alarm set for 8:30. Cant even bear the stress of seeing the toss..

15 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

I want India to absolutely blow away Australia. Don't want a close match at all. 

Want some pain for all the Aussie cheering supposedly Indian fans. England this, England that and English have gone … SA this and SA that and they have gone as well.. NZ has scarred India and NZ are gone.. Finally beat the damn Aussies and win the cup to become one of the best WC winning sides ever. 

Yes my mind is wavering like if we bat first and score 400 I ll be fine and jumping. If we bowl first and even if they score 250-275 i ll be so tense.. only way i can be super happy is if Aus scores same as they scored in first match. Then i m sure we will win. Basically I want india to score 400 while batting first or chase 200 if fielding first. Uske beech main hai sirf tension aur stress. 

Edited by neel roy
14 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

Agree, a one sided landslide win much better than a heart stopper.