Which cricketer terrorized you the most as a fan?

MechEng

pakistan: anwar, inzamam, younis khan, yusuf youhana, shoaib malik

australia: hayden, ponting, martyn, clarke

england: Owais Shah, roy, baistrow, root

new zealand: williamson, santner, chris cairns

srilanka: di silva, jayasurya, ranatunga, dharamsena

south africa: amla, gibbs

west indies: ricardo powell, samuels, chanderpaul, sarwan

zimbabwe: douglas marillier, andy flower

4 hours ago, Swag said:

Sanath Jayasuriya.

He destroyed our bowlers.

I think its the 2-3 innings which has created that perception. Lets start with the league game in 96 WC(similar to tamim in 07 wc) when we first saw him, semis he flopped then 340 on a super flat deck and 180+ in an ODI. Maybe i am missing 1 or 2 more but apart from that we used to get him out quick. 

Akhtar has spoiled party too many times  before Sehwag’s  time. Sehwag nit only tamed him but created even bigger reverses fear factor on Pakistani. Though Head hit 2 centuries but i dont fear him as he flourished on condition. But Jausurya, Akhtar kind of players were consistently owning us our past meek team even if it was biletral or multinational team events and not just world events.

9 hours ago, raki05 said:

Akhtar has spoiled party too many times  before Sehwag’s  time. Sehwag nit only tamed him but created even bigger reverses fear factor on Pakistani. Though Head hit 2 centuries but i dont fear him as he flourished on condition. But Jausurya, Akhtar kind of players were consistently owning us our past meek team even if it was biletral or multinational team events and not just world events.

i started seeing cricket from 03 and more often than not he was slaughtered post that. never feared him lol.

when you start seeing cricket makes a big difference lol.

1 hour ago, deathmonger said:

i started seeing cricket from 03 and more often than not he was slaughtered post that. never feared him lol.

when you start seeing cricket makes a big difference lol.

He was very dangerous from 99 till 2002 against India. 2003 was the first time where Tendulkar and Sehwag took them for a ride.

12 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I think its the 2-3 innings which has created that perception. Lets start with the league game in 96 WC(similar to tamim in 07 wc) when we first saw him, semis he flopped then 340 on a super flat deck and 180+ in an ODI. Maybe i am missing 1 or 2 more but apart from that we used to get him out quick. 

He averages 67 in Tests against India in tests close to 1000 runs. His strike rate in Tests was 68 against us. There was an 8 year period when he averaged 50 against us in ODIs as well at as trike rate of 100. 

42 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He averages 67 in Tests against India in tests close to 1000 runs. His strike rate in Tests was 68 against us. There was an 8 year period when he averaged 50 against us in ODIs as well at as trike rate of 100. 

Please read what i wrote. he played 2-3 great innings and thats how his stats look so good. Lets take test, out of 16 times once scored a 340 on road where India batting first declared close to 600 and then SL made 900+. Same series he got a 199 again flat track in a drawn test/series. Even Indian batsmen got quiet a few 100s in that series. You take 340 out his avg drops to 39, take 199 also out it drops to 20s and hence i wrote he had played few extraordinary innings against us which make him look good. ODIs all away games he avg 30 which as opener is decent but not something to feared. One place he dominated us was ODIs played in SL but even there he avg 42. 

35 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Please read what i wrote. he played 2-3 great innings and thats how his stats look so good. Lets take test, out of 16 times once scored a 340 on road where India batting first declared close to 600 and then SL made 900+. Same series he got a 199 again flat track in a drawn test/series. Even Indian batsmen got quiet a few 100s in that series. You take 340 out his avg drops to 39, take 199 also out it drops to 20s and hence i wrote he had played few extraordinary innings against us which make him look good. ODIs all away games he avg 30 which as opener is decent but not something to feared. One place he dominated us was ODIs played in SL but even there he avg 42. 

He has scored a 50 in every 5th game against India in ODIs. It is not the runs. It is the manner in which he dismissed us what instills fears. We don't care for accumulators.  Lot of accumulators have done well against us.