Positives and negatives from SA series

gakgupta

Biggest positive is Sai sudarshan ... I can't express how happy I was to see his technique and attitude... india needed a batsmen like him from very long time... not sure where he was hiding all this time...

Mr Singh is good enough for ODIs

Samsung is not as bad as we think... he can be persisted with

Negatives

Keep gaikwad away from Indian cricket

Mukesh is no good

No comments on KLR captaincy

8 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Biggest positive is Sai sudarshan ... I can't express how happy I was to see his technique and attitude... india needed a batsmen like him from very long time... not sure where he was hiding all this time...

Negatives

Mukesh is no good

All negatives will be embraced with open arms

The series will begin on Dec 26.  

All this was the equivalent of the undercard events before the main boxing match at the end.

Having said that how can one deny the one positive - Arshdeep, Arshdeep, ARSHDEEP!!! Player of series too.

Have they announced a replacement for Shami if he cannot join the test team? How can they ignore Arshdeep? Yes, yes I know it is tests but still....

22 minutes ago, AKane said:

All this was the equivalent of the undercard events before the main boxing match at the end.

Having said that how can one deny the one positive - Arshdeep, Arshdeep, ARSHDEEP!!! Player of series too.

Have they announced a replacement for Shami if he cannot join the test team? How can they ignore Arshdeep? Yes, yes I know it is tests but still....

Shardul will be backed. He took 7fer last time. Bowled better than Siraj. In Tests Thakur doesn't have to worry about leaking runs. But he can move the ball both ways with surprise short stuffs. He can bat. For now Arshdeep is below Thakur in Tests.

43 minutes ago, AKane said:

Arshdeep if I knew he has improved so much, I would have picked him over siraj who was out of form.

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Shardul will be backed. He took 7fer last time. Bowled better than Siraj. In Tests Thakur doesn't have to worry about leaking runs. But he can move the ball both ways with surprise short stuffs. He can bat. For now Arshdeep is below Thakur in Tests.

Commies want to see arshdeep play. 

He has improved alot. Plus hitting ability is what I like too. Not just the bowling. 

Can he sustain bowling 4 5 spells in a day for 20 overs though? Will need to do that for 2 innings per game. 

Bumrah

Prasidh

Arshdeep

Thakur

I think that's really quite good provided aradh can sustain intensity.

Edited by harpicP
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

In Tests Thakur doesn't have to worry about leaking runs. But he can move the ball both ways with surprise short stuffs.

In recent matches he generally gets to bowl after the ball is 25+ overs old. Also generally to well set batsmen. Those are two negatives that I don't think he can overcome.

They might as well pick another spinner.

Edited by AKane
3 hours ago, harpicP said:

Arshdeep if I knew he has improved so much, I would have picked him over siraj who was out of form.

IMO he is still not ready for Tests. Do not think he can bowl 17- 20 overs a day & still maintain intensity. 

May resort to  120ish slow stuff when tank is empty . Has not played much 4 day cricket. 

Let him first become the T20 bowler he was when he debuted with dipping , swing yorkers at will & then graduate to ODIs .

No hurry at all. 

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

poor Sai,he was so unlucky in both the innings he got out.no umpire but south african idiots would have given that out  yesterday.Thank god for neutral umpires in the Test matches.

Reviews should be wisely used in SA...  These mfers are trigger happy against Indians or visiting teams. 

Kela probably won the game last night on DRS. 

47 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Reviews should be wisely used in SA...  These mfers are trigger happy against Indians or visiting teams. 

Kela probably won the game last night on DRS. 

But watch them vs england. They won't say a word. They cower like cowards. 

Btw you think Aussies used sand paper to cheat? Yes they are no saints. They are cheaters but you know who started it in that series? SA did. They tampered first. Look up du plesis and Philander tampering.

I like Rinku he is biggest positive since his debut and proved his mettle both in domestic and overseas pitches, surely he has area to improve even more the guy would be beast if he fulfills his potential. Sai has lot to improve as he looked all at sea on fast incoming delivery also he needs to improve his power game with time. I really cant say much about Arshdeep because of his hot and cold performances so far he definitely needs to improve his wide , no ball issue but he definitely worked on his batting. I liked intent of Patidar hope he gets more chances.

Edited by raki05
31 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I like Rinku he is biggest positive since his debut and proved his mettle both in domestic and overseas pitches, surely he has area to improve even more the guy would be beast if he fulfills his potential. Sai has lot to improve as he looked all at sea on fast incoming delivery also he needs to improve his power game with time. I really cant say much about Arshdeep because of his hot and cold performances so far he definitely needs to improve his wide , no ball issue but he definitely worked on his batting. I liked intent of Patidar hope he gets more chances.

Unfortunately, Rinku Singh did not have a "signature" knock in the ODIs. Even in the T20s, his one incredible knock was in a losing cause. He did his job and accelerated when needed, but was it enough to keep his place or will he be the first domino to fall if TM reverts to bringing back experienced guys?

19 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Negatives

Mukesh is no good

Yes, Android >>>>>>>>>> IOS.

KL Rahul shares harsh 'Sanju Samson vs Indian stalwarts' reality after maiden century in IND vs SA 3rd ODI

Dec 22, 2023 10:50 AM IST

KL Rahul shed light on the Sanju Samson situation after the latter's match-winning maiden international century set up India's series win.

The wait has finally ended. Eight years after he made his India debut, Sanju Samson has an international century to show. The frustration of being behind in the pecking order, the string of low scores, the tag of inconsistency… Samson broke past all of it en route to scoring a match-winning 108 off 114 balls, paving the way for India's second ODI bilateral series win in South Africa. Samson's outstanding knock, supported by Tilak Varma's maiden fifty, and a late push by Rinku Singh, propelled India to 296/8, a total which proved to be good enough in the end.

CRICKET-ODI-ZAF-IND--21_1703214212381_17

Sanju Samson flexes his muscles after scoring maiden century for India(Reuters)

Samson has been one of the most talked-about Indian cricketers… for the plain fact that over the years, he wasn't able to live up to the hype, or replicate the form he enjoys in the IPL for India. As surprising as it may sound, Samson has played just 40 matches for India, but while he was expected to set the T20 format ablaze, his true calling seems to be ODIs. After Samson's long-awaited moment under the sun, India captain KL Rahul, happy to see the knock, pointed out a harsh reality surrounding Samson and his chances.

"Pleased for Sanju, he's been a phenomenal performer in the IPL over the years. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to give him the chance at No. 3, because obviously there are stalwarts in the ODIs who occupy those key spots. Glad he was able to grab his chances here," he said during the presentation ceremony

Samson and Indian emotions go hand-in-hand. After he was omitted from India's squad for the World Cup for the second straight year, there was outrage among the public over the fact that the management chose Suryakumar Yadav – who hasn't quite cracked the code in ODIs yet – over the Kerala batter. But on Thursday, Samson set the record straight. He walked out to bat at No. 3 and with India in a similar spot as the last game at 101/3, put on a brilliant partnership of 116 with youngster Tilak. The stand turned out to be game-changing and India enjoyed its rewards by beating South Africa by 78 runs to clinch the series 2-1.

Focus shifts to Tests now, says Rahul

Samson's breathtaking innings capped off yet another bilateral series victory for India – the second one following the World Cup - to go with the drawn T20Is. Rahul, who captained the team during the 2021-22 series loss, expressed satisfaction with his redemption and shifts focus to the upcoming Tests, which begin from December 26.

"Love being around the boys, that's how it's been since I came over to South Africa after some time away following a disappointing World Cup final," he added. "Will celebrate with the boys and then switch back to focusing on the Test series in a day or two."