Shamar Joseph: Using melted bottles and fruits as balls, the boy from Baracara single-handedly drives West Indies to breach Gabba

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Shown what a fast bowler can do...that yorker to head was class, reminded me of the yorker to Stokes by Starc in 2019 WC.

5 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

What's sad is he will be picked up by the IPL and then he'll stop playing Tests for WI- same old rinse repeat for WICB 

So WICB should profit from his talents but player himself cannot benefit from his talent.

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

no, it is apparent. shamar is not as fast as young umesh, but has more accuracy and brain (compared to young umesh)

More brains 100%. Give umesh bunrah's brains and he would be top 5 in the world in his peak.

6 minutes ago, harpicP said:

More brains 100%. Give umesh bunrah's brains and he would be top 5 in the world in his peak.

doubtful even then. umesh just didn't lack brains, he also lacked accuracy and a good temperament.

srinath is someone who would be top 5 with better brains and temperament

17 hours ago, putrevus said:

So WICB should profit from his talents but player himself cannot benefit from his talent.

when did i say that?

I meant that there is an underlying talent in WI to produce great quicks which could excel at test level- its just that T20 leagues and its earning potential has lured away these promising players to it because WICB doesnt generate enough revenue to pay these players a big central contract salary

5 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

when did i say that?

I meant that there is an underlying talent in WI to produce great quicks which could excel at test level- its just that T20 leagues and its earning potential has lured away these promising players to it because WICB doesnt generate enough revenue to pay these players a big central contract salary

Sorry I did mean to offend you.

You are 100% correct, WI have talents but WICB is just too lazy to do much with that talent.

WICB is one of the most incompetent and corrupt board.Money might be an issue but if players are appericated for their efforts, they would put WI first too.WICB does not do that either.

They are so used to getting free money without doing anything.