Breaking - Ravindra Jadeja, KL Rahul ruled out of the second Test; Sarfaraz picked

“Jadeja sustained a hamstring injury during play on Day 4 of the first Test in Hyderabad while Rahul complained of a right quadriceps pain. The BCCI Medical Team is monitoring the progress of the duo,” read the BCCI statement.

The selection committee have added Sarfaraz Khan, Sourabh Kumar and Washington Sundar to India's squad.

Source - ESPN CI, Rediff

Edited by nitinbwj

Team without Jadeja is always worth following...  Chawal & selfish player. 

Think Kuldeep will get a go to counter sweep shots to a extent. 

Gill should be dumped. 

Bharat's 20 odd will hurt big time..  He will play over Jurel. 

Two debutants in Patidar & Sarfaraz (can play sweep shot at least) plus both don't have meek attitude. 

Excellent callups. Exactly what we needed.

What pace does Saurabh Kumar bowl at?

I hope he can bowl that consistent 90 kph when required like Jadeja. 

These 3 can potentially replace Jadeja, Rahul and Siraj .

Gill if replaced would be replaced by Patidar. 

Let's see how it goes. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric

Assuming Jurel is better than Bharat, as some say, we can potentially put out a lineup of

Sharma

Jaiswal

Patidar

Iyer

Sarfaraz

Jurel

Sundar

Axar

Ash

Saurabh

Bumrah

If we can't bully them on spinning pitches with this level of spin depth and batting depth ,

Then there is NO lineup in the entire country that can beat Bazball. Just gotta accept it. 

Sourabh Kumar may be a domestic legend but let us keep our expectations low. Shahbaz Nadeem was this great wronged spinner earlier and the way he bowled in 2021 series vs Eng, I will take domestic performances with a bucket of salt. Ashwin, Kuldeep, Axar will do just fine. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Sourabh Kumar may be a domestic legend but let us keep our expectations low. Shahbaz Nadeem was this great wronged spinner earlier and the way he bowled in 2021 series vs Eng, I will take domestic performances with a bucket of salt. Ashwin, Kuldeep, Axar will do just fine. 

Axar is a batting AR who can't do jack s**t with the ball. Not sure which version of kuldeep will show up: he chokes often. ashwin should be fine, although he's an old man now.

more than saurabh kumar, the one who excites me is suthar. he has enough old-world spin bowling skills (flight, loop) allied to some of the newer developments such as faster pace and ability to dart the ball when needed.