Clutch Indian young players

Given that we have failed at the finishing line in ICC tournaments in last 5 years, we should give preference to youngsters who look to perform in challenging situations and conditions, bigger occasions and are willing to finish the games by themselves.

Just an opinion from so far I have seen

1. Rishabh Pant - No comparison of him. Becomes 1.5x the player on big occasions or the time when team really needs him.

2. Rinku Singh - Very little in internationals so far but has shown very good composure every time I have seen him anywhere.

3. Pandya - Not a youngster anymore but 2022 ODI series decider in Eng, 3 Asia cup games vs Pakistan, WC 22 SF vs England.. has shown that he does have clutchness. 

4. Jurel - Showed signs in this game.

Sundar and Shardul notable mentions.

Need to see more of Yashaswi, Gill, Sarfaraz to judge them.

43 minutes ago, Number said:

Given that we have failed at the finishing line in ICC tournaments in last 5 years, we should give preference to youngsters who look to perform in challenging situations and conditions, bigger occasions and are willing to finish the games by themselves.

1. Rishabh Pant - No comparison of him. Becomes 1.5x the player on big occasions or the time when team really needs him.

2. Rinku Singh - Very little in internationals so far but has shown very good composure every time I have seen him anywhere.

3. Pandya - Not a youngster anymore but 2022 ODI series decider in Eng, 3 Asia cup games vs Pakistan, WC 22 SF vs England.. has shown that he does have clutchness. 

Pandya is done. Can't keep any expectations on him. Jaiswal also seems clutch from what we have seen so far. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Jaiswal looked confident both here and in that farce RSA test, 4th innings last month. May only have scored 30s but I liked his decisive mindset.

Vizag first innings when we were losing wickets at the other end, Jaiswal was quite cool and kept building small partnerships. That did show his mental strength and not to forget the massive pressure we were under having lost the first match.

But we will soon see this guy in WT20 which will be a much biggest test of his nerves.

How the hell is Pandya clutch.Jurel looks like a guy with cool head.

Pant and others are hit and miss.

Jurel looks like a guy who has his technique where he can rotate strike with ease and if needed play big shots,not many players have that ability.

Pant is great but Jurel has the game to be clutch.

Thakur is one guy who has the ability to raise his level in some matches, he plays fearless cricket. 

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Pant is great but Jurel has the game to be clutch.

Jurel and Pant are very different kinds of batsmen. Pant is aggressive and will have a higher variance in his scores but his record home and abroad already speaks for itself. He is more likely to play an extraordinary innings once in a while.

Jurel is a steady and solid bat who has the potential to bat in the top order. His game against pace, bounce and swing remains to be seen but the temperament is clearly there.

Edited by lemsip

Which also means that Jurel is more dependable, Pant threw away a great start vs Eng in first test Chennai 2021 which resulted in a below par score. That first innings lead was crucial & allowed Eng to win that test. Now jurel could maybe not be that effective away but he has a more reliable game, at least on first glance. But we can play them both away so it's not necessarily pitting one against the other.

Pandya came clutch against Pakistan in few occasions. But a lot of time, his 'clutch' innings is just counter attack in vain after all hope is over. These innings get overhyped but making a habit of them will not help the team. Clutch players will finish what they have started 

1 hour ago, lemsip said:

Jurel and Pant are very different kinds of batsmen. Pant is aggressive and will have a higher variance in his scores but his record home and abroad already speaks for itself. He is more likely to play an extraordinary innings once in a while.

Jurel is a steady and solid bat who has the potential to bat in the top order. His game against pace, bounce and swing remains to be seen but the temperament is clearly there.

Pant is already a great player and best test WK from Asia  but when it comes to clutch he will always be hit and miss. On days when he comes off he will win matches.

Jurel even though is still unproven has shown very sound technique against spin. He can play risk free cricket and still score runs. How he does against pace is yet to be seen.

Lol at Jurel bandwagon jumpers.

Give him some space to make a name for himself.

Oppositions will figure out his weaknesses and exploit them eventually.

What we need is absolute bare knuckle fighters who aren't afraid to dive for that extra single and show intensity.

Both in bowling and batting.

Just because heavily lopsided bowling conditions with a debutant spinners on English side with aging Anderson he scored means nothing against more quality attacks.

Until Rohit Sharma, Dravid and all the old timers retire, the old way of thinking and seniority culture will thrive. Can't change that.

If anyone says pandya is a clutch player i am already dead here. He doesnt even have stats to be called clutch heck not even in fc cricket. Joker is only good at ipl and i just read news pandya is rdy for a comeback…comeback for what u lil skrony faaag? For ipl cricket:facepalm:

Edited by Chaos
10 hours ago, Number said:

outstanding. mind blowing. incredible. stupendous. 

brilliant stuff from the young stars. 

4 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

Unless we win a trophy all of this won't matter because the previous generation made it to many finals. So bar is set high, talent is there but ..

we were number 1 in tests for 5 years. 

also one off test final in engalnd doesnt mean squat. 

in short game i admit. we need to win one.