RCB and Team India's batting approach

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, kosingh said:

The swag with which Kohli walked off the field after his 100 today was something else. 

The best part was Kohli tapping around Avesh's full tosses for singles to get to his 100 and smiling & laughing as if he played a match-winning knock :rofl: Someone like Buttler, Abhishek, or anyone from KKR would've slaughtered Avesh and gotten to a score of around 210-220.

Edited by Ultimate_Game

V.apt title.

This is what Ind team has been doing scoring just par or sub-par score and asking for not so strong t20 bowling unit defend those totals. 

batters playing for personal milestones eg. Kolhi was 37 or 30 balls, RCB had 0 wkts for more than 100 runs and they never looked like getting 200. 

Had Avesh bowled better they would have been 180 or something. 60-70 ball hundred in IPL with not so good bowling attack always going to lose you match. There were no demons in the pitch this is normal Jaipur pitch not that bouncy but skiddy, it was not holding up. there were no slower1s from RR bowlers. Burger was bowling into 145 and was slippery.

Once RR had 2 player going at 160+ SR it was over for RCB, this is where CSK has been different for last 2 season 2 batters going all-out getting them 20 ball 40 each taking down bowlers. Rahane is taking down pacer CSK do not want a 30-35 ball 50 from him they want him to face pacer and give then 20-22 ball 40 and when spinner come take any kind of risk, even if he gets out they are sending Dube who will take down spinner and longer he stays dangerous he get even for pacers he is not holding up.

KKR did the same sending Sunil asking him to hit everything give then 20 ball 40 or 25 ball 50, SRH did that they scored heavily in PP on a tricky tack and had a simple chase to follow.

Ind batting lacks power, Only SKY play in  t20 mode, rest are T20 accumulators. There is no proper power hitter. even when they have a good PP unless there is SKY they can not carry or increase the tempo.

SKY plays v.high risk cricket and rest just try to nudge and try to get to personal scores before they try some hitting on their own. 

Due to this if SKY gets out they are already 2 down with no much on the board and accumulators goes into shell and in place of scoring they try to wait till last few over before they will go hitting.

Edited by tapandrun

Kohli's kind of innings is just not appropriate while batting first. Despite so much experience,  Kohli honestly lacks awareness batting first. His goal is to not get out.

I still trust him to strike better while chasing because he knows the target.

In a nutshell, Kohli's way of thinking is:

Bat first - Stay not out till the end

Bat second - Chase the target.

If RCB have to win anything, they need to move Kohli to the middle order at least when they bat first

5 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Kohli's kind of innings is just not appropriate while batting first. Despite so much experience,  Kohli honestly lacks awareness batting first. His goal is to not get out.

I still trust him to strike better while chasing because he knows the target.

In a nutshell, Kohli's way of thinking is:

Bat first - Stay not out till the end

Bat second - Chase the target.

If RCB have to win anything, they need to move Kohli to the middle order at least when they bat first

But even while chasing, Kohli is good for middling totals in 150-170 range. His top innings in T20s came against Aussies in 2016 WT20 and against Pak in 2022 WTO. In both the cases we were chasing a total around 160. I don't think his approach will work in case we have to chase a total in excess of 180. If we ever end up chasing a total around 200 in a must win game, it's curtains for us unless we pack our side with likes of Jaiswal, Abhishek, SKY, Parag, Rinku, Jitesh etc. who can go from ball one and can continue the momentum when set.

Brand Kohli is an elaborate scam played by BCCI, the broadcasters and the advertisers. The longer Kohli plays an innings the longer the eyeballs glued to television by the fans.

None of the stakeholders are interested whether India wins or loses. Even if India loses and Kohli scores a useless century it's a win-win situation for all the stakeholders except the fans.

Sachin first understood this and created a template and Kohli followed and mastered it. Sachin and Kohli made 100s of crores of money using this template, now the younger batsmen want to follow it to make easy money.

This scam became so successful, it caught on with the Padosis who adopted it and made a brand out of Zimbabar. Still remember Ramiz saying "Don't you like a Babar century" when he created the highways for those ill fated test series.

Even the ICC is complicit in this who still use aggregate runs and average to rank the batsmen in an era where the most important metric is strike rate. Because batting with a high strike rate is high risk cricket and not very useful in creating useless brands like Kohli.

Tomorrow when this guy retires the scam will continue by creating brands out of young batsmen like Gill and Jaiswal. So the future also looks grim.

3 hours ago, Tillu said:

Brand Kohli is an elaborate scam played by BCCI, the broadcasters and the advertisers. The longer Kohli plays an innings the longer the eyeballs glued to television by the fans.

I am yet to meet one person (in person not the trolls on SM) who is okay with a loss as long as Kohli gets a  100. 

26 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I am yet to meet one person (in person not the trolls on SM) who is okay with a loss as long as Kohli gets a  100. 

Fans would always want us to win. It's the broadcasters and advertisers I am talking about who are okay with him batting at a snail's pace inspite of whether we win or lose.

Back in the 2012 there was so much anticipation about Sachin's 100th 100 that there were allegations about Sachin wilfully not scoring a hundred and getting out after 60s and 70s to keep anticipation going.

That's the nature of the broadcasting business. They create unreal hype around a few batsmen and try to profit from it.

5 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

But even while chasing, Kohli is good for middling totals in 150-170 range. His top innings in T20s came against Aussies in 2016 WT20 and against Pak in 2022 WTO. In both the cases we were chasing a total around 160. I don't think his approach will work in case we have to chase a total in excess of 180. If we ever end up chasing a total around 200 in a must win game, it's curtains for us unless we pack our side with likes of Jaiswal, Abhishek, SKY, Parag, Rinku, Jitesh etc. who can go from ball one and can continue the momentum when set.

jitesh? what has he done? .I would rather pick Pant than Jitesh and I don't think Pant is a good LOI player.

6 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I don't think Pant is a good LOI player.

Pant was doing quite well in Odis and then he got injured

Just he cannot break the T20 code,has everything to atleast 'good'if not 'great' in it