Bumrah

Siraj( horrible IPL)

Arshdeep(unrealiable)

Mukesh (mediocre)

Avesh (mediocre)

Mayank

Harshit

Mohit( seriously??)

I don't know what the alternative is, but strictly going by IPL performance to select a T20I team is not effective.

Take the example of today's batting hero Sunil Narine. 

T20s:  Average 15, SR 147

T20Is: Average 10, SR 112

Not even close to being the same player.

There's got to be a better way.

DK is just making Tongue in cheek remark. DOn't think he will be picked. or he will even be available. It should be Sanju Samson. I like Pant despite horrendous T20 record. But he is just back. DOn't want him to play thisi yet. Need him for Tests.

46 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Wow just wow :congrats:tried and tested failures over and over. 

Indian team selection is so simple. Just pick the big names and seniors.  :phehe:..

Don't have to worry even if you have picked 5 or 6 top-3 batters to bat in the top 6 or worry about whether your pacers can bowl.at the death or whether your chosen players are in form.  :phehe:

33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Indian team selection is so simple. Just pick the big names and seniors.  :phehe:..

Don't have to worry even if you have picked 5 or 6 top-3 batters to bat in the top 6 or worry about whether your pacers can bowl.at the death or whether your chosen players are in form.  :phehe:

Rohit Kohli opening, pandya still there, avesh khan. Hope we get trashed mercilessly 

45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And they've a designated team for this selection process! :shocked: You know what's worse? PR work of these selectors. One young quickie luckily got through an IPL team and turns heads with his performance and you see articles of how Agarkar was about to give him debut in the England series and how he's marked him for the future. All this while the youngster was not even considered for the fast bowlers contract :lol:

On 4/16/2024 at 9:18 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

I don't know what the alternative is, but strictly going by IPL performance to select a T20I team is not effective.

Agree in principle .

But Narine hasn't played a single T20I since 2019.

Except on two occasions, he has never batted as opener either. 

2 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Wow just wow :congrats:tried and tested failures over and over. 

Just read this. If these are the 20 players , then I sincerely hope that KL, Avesh , Chahal, Bishnoi and 1 of Dube/Rinku(doesn't matter who) are the ones in the reserves.

This is a trash squad as expected but it will be significantly worse if they don't select the correct 15.

I want this squad to receive a brutal shellacking like Adelaide but in the group stage itself. 

On 4/16/2024 at 9:18 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

We have to consider quite a few factors ....

For batters  ....

..  is he in good T20 form in 2024  ?

.. is he a high S/R batter in T20s ?

.. is he a big hitter and can he hit 6s at will ?

.. can he hit high pace ?

.. can he hit good spinners ?

.. is he an explosive starter ( if top 3 batter )

.. does he stay calm under pressure and place the ball in empty areas ( if finisher )

For pacers ....

..  is he in good T20 form in 2024  ?

.. Can he keep the batsman guessing and bowl different types of good balls in the same over ?

.. does he have a good, quick and accurate yorker ?

.. does he have a good slower ball which he can bowl without much change in action ?

.. does he have a preceeding faster ball which he can bowl accurately at 142 k+ at will 

.. can he bowl a good quick surprise bouncer ?

.. can he think on his feet ?

.. does he have a good hard length ball ?

.. can he swing the new ball if an opening bowler ?

.. can he stay calm under pressure if a death bowler ?

.. if he is an accurate and bouncy 150 k+ pacers then all the above factors are not needed.

If we consider these factors then we will pick effective batters and pacers for T20I WC. Good selection cannot happen by looking at just stats or IPL / domestic cricket performances.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

I want to add that image from the movie Gangajal

"E to sala hona hi tha", but there is a limit on the file size. :facepalm:

This is tbh expected given the great acumen of our coach, captain and selectors. I feel bad for Agarkar who also is following the same path, but it's understandable as ultimately Indian Cricket is just another RCB franchise were all matters is marketing. No one cares about winning or losing.