Congress gave Andhra Pradesh Muslims quota in 2004, but HC stuck down

gattaca

20 minutes ago, gattaca said:

BJP is fine in KA, UP, MP, gujarat and MH. Bihar they are struggling for sure considering the percentage of votes. Dont know how much they will get in Haryana and North east. That will be the key.

Bihar and Rajasthan are the only problems for NDA. In rest of the states NDA will either hold or increase it's tally.

10 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Bihar and Rajasthan are the only problems for NDA. In rest of the states NDA will either hold or increase it's tally.

Rajasthan I would assume they will get votes considering the anti incumbency for congress. Bihar the vote percentage is worrisome. Biharis usually very interested in politics but it was surprise this time.

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

Rajasthan I would assume they will get votes considering the anti incumbency for congress. Bihar the vote percentage is worrisome. Biharis usually very interested in politics but it was surprise this time.

Sad thing with Bihar is that it's really underdeveloped, people understandably lose hope quickly and start voting for their castes or skipping the elections altogether. Besides Nitish isn't as popular as he was before. Still NDA will get minimum 30/40 in Bihar. 

I am more disappointed with Rajasthan. Hearing that BJP can lose upto 5 seats there, mostly because of caste rivalries and infighting among the BJP. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Congress is no less than Muslim League of early 20th century. 

Actually Congress is like the Communist party of Russia from the time of Lenin.

I saw a sound byte on twitter ( could be doctored, IDK) where Rahul Gandhi promises a bunch of surveys and then redistribution of wealth/assets.

This is just petty politics, unconstitutional and makes Ra Ga seem like a duffer ( if it weren't already amply clear).

A leader should be talking about wealth generation, not wealth redistribution. 

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Actually Congress is like the Communist party of Russia from the time of Lenin.

I saw a sound byte on twitter ( could be doctored, IDK) where Rahul Gandhi promises a bunch of surveys and then redistribution of wealth/assets.

This is just petty politics, unconstitutional and makes Ra Ga seem like a duffer ( if it weren't already amply clear).

A leader should be talking about wealth generation, not wealth redistribution. 

If AI and automation are going to eat many jobs then this demand will come from many countries. Big corporates are cutting jobs which will result in income inequality at extreme level all over the world 

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

If AI and automation are going to eat many jobs then this demand will come from many countries. Big corporates are cutting jobs which will result in income inequality at extreme level all over the world 

there is net job creation in the world, even in the slow poke western economies, so all this leftist entitlement nonsense of guaranteed income or income redistribution isnt required. Nor is it ethical. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

there is net job creation in the world, even in the slow poke western economies, so all this leftist entitlement nonsense of guaranteed income or income redistribution isnt required. Nor is it ethical. 

AI still is in infancy . it's ultimate aim is to eliminate humans as much as it can. TCS , Infosys are already showing headcount decline . 

Plus The it's always about quality of job. Developed nations are getting older so there is no shortage of  menial jobs like changing diapers of oldies. But the question is how many wants to do it?

17 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

AI still is in infancy . it's ultimate aim is to eliminate humans as much as it can. TCS , Infosys are already showing headcount decline . 

Plus The it's always about quality of job. Developed nations are getting older so there is no shortage of  menial jobs like changing diapers of oldies. But the question is how many wants to do it?

DId you check the TCS /Infy numbers for only last year or for the last 3 years (believe COVID skewed the hiring requirements in every company)

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

The growth of AI engineering jobs will make up a lot of the AI job shortfall. remember, there is no such thing as real AI. 
Its all fancy 'if then else' learning algorithm written by humans and closely managed by humans. The high processing speeds today give the illusion of AI, but in reality,its pretty much the same level of 'intelligence' as 30 years ago - it only knows what it learns and is fed to it. 

India's biggest concern isnt whether the miniscule % of jobs in TCS or infosys are growing or declining, it is what to do with nearly 50% of the labour force in farming, that, as India develops, should come down to single digit percentage numbers. 

And the answer is,manufacturing. Which the idiot MMS govt didnt consider, despite his alleged chad-brained economics knowhow and instead supported the nitche field of IT, which cannot absorb the employment numbers you need.

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

The growth of AI engineering jobs will make up a lot of the AI job shortfall. remember, there is no such thing as real AI. 
Its all fancy 'if then else' learning algorithm written by humans and closely managed by humans. The high processing speeds today give the illusion of AI, but in reality,its pretty much the same level of 'intelligence' as 30 years ago - it only knows what it learns and is fed to it. 

India's biggest concern isnt whether the miniscule % of jobs in TCS or infosys are growing or declining, it is what to do with nearly 50% of the labour force in farming, that, as India develops, should come down to single digit percentage numbers. 

And the answer is,manufacturing. Which the idiot MMS govt didnt consider, despite his alleged chad-brained economics knowhow and instead supported the nitche field of IT, which cannot absorb the employment numbers you need.

Excellent post. There is no such thing as AI. Only weights.  

8 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Other day, I was ROFLing at a podcast/Ted Talk where they are wondering if machines can take over humans!  Too much of Hollywood scripts one watches - Terminator series. Quite a good concept, but in reality, it is still algorithmic. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Other day, I was ROFLing at a podcast/Ted Talk where they are wondering if machines can take over humans!  Too much of Hollywood scripts one watches - Terminator series. Quite a good concept, but in reality, it is still algorithmic. 

There are lot of issues even with OpenAI. I still feel it is a glorified search engine. I tried on few things it gave incorrect answers. I wasted some time and few other instances it helped me. But over all still a glorified search engine.

Edited by gattaca

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What most people forget, is that the Artificial intelligence of hollywood, isnt actually artificial intelligence, its actually artificial sentience - things like HAL, terminators etc. are artificially sentient - they posess a sense of 'self' and ability to íntuitively learn without being spoonfed by humans, aka a 'metal/digital animal with its own thoughts, own reactions, own concusions and own intuitive ability to learn'. 

We are nowhere close to achieving this and we have not gotten any closer in the last 30 years, because we simply do not understand the actual mechanism of 'imprinted behaviour' very well - imprinted behaviour is KEY to sentience, for this is the behaviour you see in babies of animals - they copy their parents, but end up 99% of the time, copying a behaviour that is beneficial and essential to them and at much less % for behaviour that are quirks. In the 1% of time they do copy bad behaviour, usually its slapped outta them by their mothers. 

For eg,you will see kittens learn intuitively via imprinting from watching their mothers lick themselves clean and experincing their mothers licking the kittens clean- yet the kittens never enjoy the sensation of being held down and licked by their moms - so why do they adopt a habit where there is no instant reward, feels bad, etc ? because its somehow imprinted on to them via intuitive learning as to 'this behaviour, even though feels crap, is still needed'. 

now you wont see kittens copy quirks of their mothers nearly as frequently - otherwise all cats would have the same weird quirks like the zoomies or going equally crazy over random human foods. 
We have zero method to get AI to learn like this and if you tried to get an AI to learn something along the lines of 'this feels counterproductive but is necessary, the other thing feels coutnerproductive but isnt necessary, why i dont know yet, lets just copy',  your brain will explode, because there is no code, no math formula, no nothing to address this. 

I know this, because i work with AI a lot. 

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

What most people forget, is that the Artificial intelligence of hollywood, isnt actually artificial intelligence, its actually artificial sentience - things like HAL, terminators etc. are artificially sentient - they posess a sense of 'self' and ability to íntuitively learn without being spoonfed by humans, aka a 'metal/digital animal with its own thoughts, own reactions, own concusions and own intuitive ability to learn'. 

Bolded Part. Animal Instict is not Intelligence. Animal Instinct is survival , food and mating. Not sure any of it is possible or human race is interested other than creating machines(As much autonomous as can be) to have better life for humans

8 hours ago, mishra said:

Bolded Part. Animal Instict is not Intelligence. Animal Instinct is survival , food and mating. Not sure any of it is possible or human race is interested other than creating machines(As much autonomous as can be) to have better life for humans

animal instinct is also intelligence to a much greater degree than that of the AI - because it has a sense of self and self preservation, along with intuitive learning. 

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

animal instinct is also intelligence to a much greater degree than that of the AI - because it has a sense of self and self preservation, along with intuitive learning. 

this sense of the self has deep evolutionary roots. one sees variations on this theme - albeit to lesser and lesser degrees - as you move to deeper branch points (i.e., earlier, more primitive, organisms).

On 4/25/2024 at 1:11 AM, ravishingravi said:

"There is no such thing as AI, there is only power and those who are too weak to seek it". Voldemort had it right; yes, I did read Harry Potter despite it not being for my generation

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

+1 ... even cats can act intelligently and solve a problem in multiple steps 

Edited by diga

13 hours ago, diga said:

+1 ... even cats can act intelligently and solve a problem in multiple steps 

I'll bet even I (rating = minus 2607) can beat Fuzzball in a chess match. But I don't think I can beat the simplest of AI algorithms at chess. Context matters. There are some things a machine can do better than us (quantitative intelligence). But they cannot do things that have been imprinted by billions of years of random mutations, adaptations and survival mechanisms that have been retained.