Jump to content

Risk Of Being Hacked Small, But Still Too High’: Elon Musk Calls For ‘Eliminating’ EVMs


Singh bling

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Ask him to file a PIL at our SC.

I had to look up those abbreviations. At first I thought it was some joke based on some corporate jargon for filing a complaint with IT dept when network goes down.

 

BTW, for Elon to file a public interest litigation, he has to be interested in the public first. Elon is interested in Elon. Ashte.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I had to look up those abbreviations. At first I thought it was some joke based on some corporate jargon for filing a complaint with IT dept when network goes down.

 

BTW, for Elon to file a public interest litigation, he has to be interested in the public first. Elon is interested in Elon. Ashte.

who is he to complain about EVMs and why should we care or even discuss it -was my point. it is like discussing opinion of Adani on the RoeVwade judegement on abortion in USA. who give a F? Alva?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Same can be said about Tesla :dontknow:

 

Risk of accident though small is still very high :agree:

The much bigger risk is US air Force is inducting AI controlled F16 jets without pilots. Imagine someone hacked them and asked them to bomb a particular city

 

No Pilots Needed: US Air Force Set To Have Over 1,000 AI-Flown Jets Soon

 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/no-pilots-needed-us-air-force-set-to-have-over-1000-ai-flown-jets-soon/articleshow/109883372.cms

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

all you guys are too young to remember the jungle raj days where there was wholesale booth capturing.EVMs cannot be  hacked since they are not connected to the Internet.a dumbo like Musk wont have that knowledge.

Have some respect. He is the richest, smartest, most benevolent man out there. He is an expert on everything from cars to immunology.

 

Be grateful that he freed the world from all oppression when he bought X.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Each country needs to make its own call.

 

No point having a go at musk.

 

I saw a stat that at state n centre anti  incumbancy was much higher since intro of evm. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you can hack an EVM. Its the same process as how you hack a standalone system that doesnt really use an OS but has in-built RAM stored OS : you need the specific machine key to hack the specific machine. And in the case of EVM, those keys are sealed and kept under EC comission lock and key with central military guard 24/7. 

 

So to hack an EVM, it'd require you to get access to the key, then access to the specific EVM and then cook the data. Assuming that your EVM doesn't get selected at random for VVPAT verification, which roughly 2% of EVMs are selected at random for each election (state or national) to give a check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

all you guys are too young to remember the jungle raj days where there was wholesale booth capturing.EVMs cannot be  hacked since they are not connected to the Internet.a dumbo like Musk wont have that knowledge.

He is peddling right wing nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2024 at 5:28 AM, coffee_rules said:

who is he to complain about EVMs and why should we care or even discuss it -was my point. it is like discussing opinion of Adani on the RoeVwade judegement on abortion in USA. who give a F? Alva?

 

Why can't he make a comment abotu EVMs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2024 at 9:12 AM, ravishingravi said:

He has not had the honour of knowing about WB and Bihar. 

 

He made comments after a tweet related to Puerto Rico elections.

 

Why is Rajiv Chandrashekhar having a go at him? Musk didn't comment about India.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

 

He made comments after a tweet related to Puerto Rico elections.

 

Why is Rajiv Chandrashekhar having a go at him? Musk didn't comment about India.

Because Rahul Gandhi QTed Elon and raised questions about EVM. Hence questioning Elon’s credibility or authority on EVMs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Because Rahul Gandhi QTed Elon and raised questions about EVM. Hence questioning Elon’s credibility or authority on EVMs.

 

Then he should have replied to RaGa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...