Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum

Glad that you liked it, you watched Agantuk (on YT, Eng subs there)?

Watched Andhadhun today morning, will give it a 7.5 or 8, enjoyed it. Second half could have been better, stopped me from giving it an 8.5 or 9, will give my detailed review when I am in the mood, feeling lazy now. 

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Glad that you liked it, you watched Agantuk (on YT, Eng subs there)?

Watched Andhadhun today morning, will give it a 7.5 or 8, enjoyed it. Second half could have been better, stopped me from giving it an 8.5 or 9, will give my detailed review when I am in the mood, feeling lazy now. 

Second half is messed up in Andhadhun.

Had a lottttt of downtime during the quarantine so it was time to tune upto the old classics. Had to watch Michael Madana Kamarajan(1990) aka MMKR. A story of quadruplets who get separated at birth. Hands down one of the top 3 films in Tamizh cinema and arguably one of the famous comedies of all time. Played by the Prodigal son of Tamil cinema Kamal nonetheless. It still stands the test of time as a comedy. Rest in peace Dialog writer Crazy Mohan sir. Ended up watching it twice.

tenor.gif

Special mentions to Nagesh, Delhi Ganesh, S.N Lakshmi, Bheem & Manorama. The list is too big actually. 

Ratsasan (dubbed in Malayalam) and Psycho, I don’t know why Indian movies add romantic track and unnecessary drama. Ratsasan was better, but spoilt the climax last half hour with unnecessary drama around jealous police superior. A lot of spoon-feeding the audience about how serial killers collect trophies etc. They should know how to dramatize subtly from Hollywood movies. Disappointed with both. Ratsasan  was much better. Both were dark and violent. 

Edited by coffee_rules

Watched a couple of classic Hindi films:

Hera Pheri starring Amitabh and Vinod Khanna. Overall a timepass film esp. for the two lead actors. 

Mere Huzoor starring Raaj Kumar, Mala Sinha and Jeetendra (mainly to sing songs). I watched it for Raaj Kumar. The film has a couple of good songs by Rafi too. 
Edited by zen

On 6/14/2020 at 2:06 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shubh mangal extra savaddhan- absolute rubbish , One of the worst perfomances by ayushman 

It could have been better.

All the punch lines were in the trailer. That is false advertising that can kill a film because people go with expectations of getting a laugh a minute movie.

It was badly made too.

35 minutes ago, beetle said:

It could have been better.

All the punch lines were in the trailer. That is false advertising that can kill a film because people go with expectations of getting a laugh a minute movie.

It was badly made too.

the problem was it looked forced, all fights looked forced.....in 1st part it didnt

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum - Myshkin - superb acting and script, but kinda pointless in the end. Liked the movie overall.

seen , really liked it 

Thupparivaalan - Myshskin / Vishal. Tried to copy Sherlock Holmes, good in parts, didn’t like it. 

yet to see it

How is Super Deluxe? @Gollum/ @Ankit_sharma03

one of the best films to have come from India, i call it India's pulp fiction

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum - Myshkin - superb acting and script, but kinda pointless in the end. Liked the movie overall.

Watched it many years back, a few months after release. Liked it back then, must watch it again. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

How is Super Deluxe? @Gollum/ @Ankit_sharma03

Very different, try it. 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:03 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gulabo sitabo - didnt work for me 

Ruby sparks - hidden gem 

On 6/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, maniac said:

What kind of crap is this Gulabo Sitabo movie. Amitabh Bacchan was great though from what little I saw.

Only got through the first 20-30 minutes. Boring

GS is watchable, for great locations and Amitabh carried the movie completely. Great actor. It could have been funnier with a tighter script, made it look too dull.  At 78 . Still an active actor.