Favourite TV shows

suma25

1 minute ago, Turning_track said:

In GOT barring a few, most of these beautiful ladies are very talented or they've improved a lot in their acting skills. It's heartening to see all the actors of GOT doing well in other movies and TV series.

yes, most of them were already good actresses. forgot to mention sophie turner and lena headey earlier. I found, and still find, clarke's acting to be on the weaker side compared to other past/present main female actresses such as lena headey, michelle fairley, gwendolen christie, etc.

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, most of them were already good actresses. forgot to mention sophie turner and lena headey earlier. I found, and still find, clarke's acting to be on the weaker side compared to other past/present main female actresses such as lena headey, michelle fairley, gwendolen christie, etc.

Exactly.  GOT fans have criticised Emilia Clarke for her performance & found it dull to some extent. 

A lot is at stake when Emilia is a POV character in the show.

Michelle Fairley wasn't even POV character along with Richard Madden, but due to their superb performances GRRM and DD gave them ample screen time as confirmed by GRRM. 

Edited by Turning_track

2 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Exactly.  GOT fans have criticised Emilia Clarke for her performance & found it dull to some extent. 

A lot is at stake when Emilia is a POV character in the show.

Michelle Fairley wasn't even POV character along with Richard Madden, but due to their superb performances GRRM and DD gave them ample screen time as confirmed by GRRM. 

very true. some class performances all around apart from the infamous aunt & her nephew (you know who).

On 1/8/2018 at 1:45 AM, Turning_track said:

Every thursday I watch an episode of THE VIKINGS, since last 2 seasons I've been catching it regularly. Currently it's in season 5 & I enjoyed the first 2-3 seasons than the later ones. Watching Viking legends like Ragnar, Lagertha, Floki, Bjorn, Ivar etc has been fun.

Its creator Michael Hirst also created The Tudors and wrote both Elizabeth movies for Shekhar Kapur. 

Dope show, for me even better than GOT. Not watched this season because of time crunch, hopefully will binge watch 20 episodes later this year. How's this season? No spoilers please.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Dope show, for me even better than GOT. Not watched this season because of time crunch, hopefully will binge watch 20 episodes later this year. How's this season? No spoilers please.

It has been ok till now, I found some episodes very interesting while some utter bore wasting precious time. 

The first half of the 5th season (i.e.10 episodes)  ends on 24th Jan, the date of release for the second half hasn't been announced yet.

Looking forward for the next 2 episodes in the coming weeks. 

On 1/11/2018 at 2:09 AM, Gollum said:

The quality has been uneven compared to previous seasons IMO, although there are many nice episodes.

One month break from cricket for me, so will try to watch a few shows before the Cape Town test. Since my last post on this thread I have Finished Sopranos, Dexter (wasn't that gory) and Band of Brothers and all were very enjoyable :wp3:.

Will start the much talked about 'The Wire' this weekend. Hopefully it is as good as Sopranos/BB which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Uske baad kya dekhoon? 

I have Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Firefly and House M.D. Jisne bhee yeh sab yaa inme se koi bhee dekha hai please help me out with the order, are all of these good, which is the best, is/are any of these not worth watching.............?

And reg Suits I have watched only the 1st 4 seasons, started getting very repetitive so I left it. For those of you who watch it, did it improve after that or the same old? Loved Meghan Markle but now she is engaged with that bratty ginger from Britain :wall:

@Tibarn @Laaloo  @zen @Vijy @maniac and others, any help will be appreciated :icflove:.

The Wire is great, but the 5th and final season is horrible IMO. Not sure if you want to watch the final season, it's up to you.

House is OK the first season, because it is a newish concept.  Otherwise, I thought the show was very formulaic and repetitive. 

If you want to watch a comedy, my friends are watching Curb Your Enthusiasm right now, but I can't tell you if it's good or not, as I don't watch it myself. 

On Wed May 02 2018 at 7:56 PM, Tibarn said:

The Wire is great, but the 5th and final season is horrible IMO. Not sure if you want to watch the final season, it's up to you.

House is OK the first season, because it is a newish concept.  Otherwise, I thought the show was very formulaic and repetitive. 

If you want to watch a comedy, my friends are watching Curb Your Enthusiasm right now, but I can't tell you if it's good or not, as I don't watch it myself. 

What??

The wire had probably one of the best endings of all time. No dramebazi, nothing. There's a reason why it's widely considered as the greatest show of all time.

9 hours ago, Stradlater said:

What??

The wire had probably one of the best endings of all time. No dramebazi, nothing. There's a reason why it's widely considered as the greatest show of all time.

My opinion, spoilers included:

Spoiler

The ending itself of the whole series is good, with the funeral at the bar, the kids' endings like the one becoming a stickup artist, the other becoming a druggie etc are all fine, but

The 5th season is filled with the BS of a contrived serial killer plot involving ridiculous evidence like a red ribbon tied around victims wrists, dense FBI agents (when BAU members are supposed to be other-worldly in their ability to read people), etc. The fact that BAU members were delivering the pyschological profile right in McNulty's face, yet they couldn't read his expressions doesn't hold water with me. They basically create a McNulty show while doing fan-service of McNulty being a master manipulator cum rouge cop. They basically have to make everyone else an dumber to try to show him brilliant. That just feels like fan service in my opinion. 

The journalists story-line is good and based on real events, but the actors casted are mostly mediocre and the characters seem mostly 2-dimensional. Compare these characters with the dock workers in season 2 and one may get what I'm saying. There is nothing really memorable about any of the characters introduced in that portion, and there is no reason to care about them. They are just 2-D drones only good for serving as plot devices for the police department and McNulty story-lines to progress. Instead of corrupt journalism being the central theme, it seems like it is only superficially tackled, ie no exploration on how fake news affects peoples lives or the damage it causes. Again, it seems only like a plot device to further the whatever the writers wanted to do with the police.    

The Marlo gang has many annoying members who don't seem believable to me as a group of people who could take over the Baltimore drug trade, let alone have international criminals like The Greek, choose to work with them over their previous long time associates in Prop Joe and his crew. This Marlo gang was basically a bunch of street-thug rookies who fluked their way into dominating part of Baltimore's drug trade, and that is enough for an international criminal organization to suddenly need them when Prop Joe has numerous years of history with them? The Marlo character had to get his hand held the entire way by Prop Joe in everything from getting his money turned into white money to retaining a proper lawyer. If someone needs their hand held through that much, what exactly would an international criminal organization need with them. Prop Joe, who is miles ahead of even Stringer Bell in some ways is so dense/trusting of this Marlo lad that he allows him to overtake all his contacts/associates? Marlo passes one test and that is enough for the The Greeks to completely change their business contacts in Baltimore? People in charge of an international, multi-million dollar drug mafia are impressed by someone whose main achievement is making people disappear by hiding bodies in empty buildings using cheap carpentry tools?  Basically everyone else has to be knocked down several dozen IQ points to make this Marlo character seem more competent than he is.

That's just my opinion though :dontknow:

Season 3 of Billions was probably the best for me.  none of the extra fillers.

Watched Sacred Games.  The first few episodes are really interesting and keep you guessing and intertwined to the show though slowly it slows down and goes along an expected path.  Still a great show from India. Way better than Anil Kapoor's 24 which seemed like ditto copy of the english 24 in the first episode after which I stopped watching.

Doom Patrol is awesome and really eccentric. I think it is on Netflix in India. For people in the West, you will have to get DC streaming service or find a streaming site. 

I liked Titans enough as well, but it seemed like they cut the season short. 

Doom Patrol is much better though, than Titans

Edited by Tibarn