Game of Thrones (TV Spoilers allowed, Book spoilers not allowed)

Rajiv

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They cud have had 10 episodes this season as well spending a lil more time on a lot more aspect, same again in next season......10 episode each season wud have been enough. Something that worked in previous season need not to be changed. 

Its a top show that can dictate terms on its own. 

Having 10 episodes would require more budget too. There are constraints on every front time, budget, etc. No matter how big a show is earning capacity is still limited. 

What's with GoT that it is so popular? Someone care to explain?..

I hardly watch fictional stuff... Star Wars, Lord of the Rings does not appeal to me at all.. Last time I liked fictional movies was Avatar because of graphics and story line..

3 minutes ago, veer said:

I hardly watch fictional stuff... Star Wars, Lord of the Rings does not appeal to me at all.. Last time I liked fictional movies was Avatar because of graphics and story line..

It has a good storyline, characterization, screenplay and above all..it caught up..haven't you watched GOT yet?? That's the most important factor in gaining such popularity.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:23 PM, veer said:

Got is both similar but very very different from star wars and lord of the rings. It is set in a fictional mystical place, with magic and dragons but the characters are way more complex than what you will find in star wars and lord of the rings. Also the storyline is also not straightforward, there are so many sub plots going on at the same time. The biggest difference that makes GOT so great is that no character is safe ( or at least it used to be the case). It means you never know who's going to be the final hero of the story because everyone is expendable. You don't get saved just because you are the protagonist, if you make stupid decisions then you will suffer the consequences just like the real world. 

You need to watch it to completely get why it became so popular.

5 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Very mediocre season overall, IMO. Very poor writing and too much fan service plagued it. 

Agree- too much character development.It seemed like nothing happened this season.

Also, what exactly did Baelish want from anybody ? It seems like his actions had no end goal whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

Agree- too much character development.It seemed like nothing happened this season.

Also, what exactly did Baelish want from anybody ? It seems like his actions had no end goal whatsoever.

Definitely, his whole trial scene seemed nonsensical. The first few seasons it seemed like he was a mastermind with an end goal of some sort.

During his trial, it just seemed like he was a troll who had no reason to scheme against and betray people other than for laughs.

4 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

He wants to be king in the north that was his end game. The only way he can is kick snow out and make Sansa lady of winter fell (with no completion) and marry her.

17 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Definitely, his whole trial scene seemed nonsensical. The first few seasons it seemed like he was a mastermind with an end goal of some sort.

During his trial, it just seemed like he was a troll who had no reason to scheme against and betray people other than for laughs.

+1. Why did he plead guilty? Where was the evidence presented by Sansa/Bran? He could have simply plead not guilty because there was no way they would be able to prove their accusations. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Where was the evidence presented by Sansa/Bran?

Basically Bran is the 3-eyed Raven and everything he says is taken at face value. :phehe:

It doesn't make sense that the Knights of the Vale so easily turned their backs on LF, especially since they are loyal to Robin Arryn, who considers LF a father figure. 

The dumbest thing was the fight scene between Theon and the Greyjoy soldier. The directors showed the guy kicking Theon in the groin 3 times, as if we need a reminder that Theon was mutilated. What's worse, Theon was getting a power-up as the guy kicked him.  As if kicks to that region wouldn't hurt normally, and losing one's genitals turns that region into a magical power up button.

Kick here and boost your enemy's power level over 9000 :rofl:

On 8/29/2017 at 0:08 PM, Tibarn said:

Basically Bran is the 3-eyed Raven and everything he says is taken at face value. :phehe:

It doesn't make sense that the Knights of the Vale so easily turned their backs on LF, especially since they are loyal to Robin Arryn, who considers LF a father figure. 

The dumbest thing was the fight scene between Theon and the Greyjoy soldier. The directors showed the guy kicking Theon in the groin 3 times, as if we need a reminder that Theon was mutilated. What's worse, Theon was getting a power-up as the guy kicked him.  As if kicks to that region wouldn't hurt normally, and losing one's genitals turns that region into a magical power up button.

Kick here and boost your enemy's power level over 9000 :rofl:

Slowly this show is degenerating to Bollywood soap opera level logic.  But its goras and "HBO" so not fashionable to call such BS out.