Australia in India 2013-14

saneindian

I guess the only thing in defence of the selectors is that. The next ODI is 3 days away. Lets assume that they announced a new squad with changes such as Ishant and Vinay out with Mohit and (for arguments sake) Ishwar Pandey in. So they make the announcement today. The players will need probably Monday to travel. Which leaves one day to prepare. It could also be the case that the bowlers they wanted to replace Ishant and co were not available at the time of selection. I notice Mohit is playing in the Duldeep trophy as if another recent India A tourer Kaul and even Rishi Dhawan. Maybe the selectors are urging Dhoni to his Mishra, Unadakat and Shami. Asking him to retain Ishant and Vinay there on the bench to cover for injuries.

There's something very wrong if you are not learning from your mistakes again and again. Ishant can never be a decent ODI bowler on flat pitches and he is a terrible bowler in death overs. The fact that he continues to be in the squad baffles me. There's not much thought being put into the selection process and there seems to be no vision. Sandeep Patil has done a decent job with the selection recently but this is just plain dumb.

People are acting as if they have witnessed some thing of this nature for the first time....anyway as someone mentioned,let us say the selectors drop Ishant and Vinay and bring in two fast bowlers what would that accomplish as they have Unadkat and Shami waiting in the reserves already......Obviously batting remains unchanged.....There is always Misra for Ashwin so dropping players in the middle of a series unless injury means hitting the panic button and conceeding to the opposition. Beleive me I will be the first to say after Ishant's over to Faulkner he needs to go....Vinay still meh as the replacements would still be the same from what I have seen of the reserves but that over by Ishant should mean that he either needs work on his bowling or go back to domestics and learn to stick to basics.

Knowing that mofo Dhobi, I was pretty sure the team will remain unchanged. Dhobi has made a career in trolling fans no matter if he goes on to lose the series... Chewtiyakant has commercial contracts to fulfill and a % of that does goes to Rhiti sport and/ or that mofo Dhoni... He can't be dropped...

It is a very good decision!! Sanity needs to prevail rather than knee jerk reactions. Dropping the likes of Ishant and VK now is letting them of too easy!! Its a lot lot harder trying to comeback and prove oneself after such a hammering. Rest assured Shami and Unadkat will be taken to the cleaners as well by the Oz squad. Why should the onus of taking on a very good Oz one day side on flat pitches rest on inexperienced shoulders. We do not have half decent pacemen at the moment. After BK the next best thing we have is an almost retired Zak who may or may not have a medical emergency at any given moment. Yadav who has everything going for him has brain tumor, I cant find any other reason for him bowling the way he did in his last few India games!! Rather than sitting at home after being dropped, Ishant and VK have to comeback and prove themselves, if they cant no one has any excuses left, not them two, not the selectors nor Dhoni/Fletcher. Resting them now means the 'senior pacers' can rest at home and watch a crop of inexperienced trundlers get hit around the park. If they cant comeback now then India's fast bowling manual needs a fresh new sheet. Or what will happen is a few new trundlers will be taken to the slaughter house and the same 'senior' culprits will make a comeback the next series.

Will Dhoni take a chance and bat first? I don't think so. If he win the toss, I think he will prefer chasing. Infact, I believe if Australia win the toss, I am sure they would put us to bar first regardless of how much flat the track is. There is this atmosphere which has build in this series which is just 3 match old that they would prefer chasing. What you guys think? Ideally any team which is scoring well would have opted to use the pitch first and put on big score, it looks like not happening in remaining odi's.