Bhuvneshwar Kumar is nothing special

Just because the wicket of Stokes (a genuine outside edge) came at a 127 KPH' date=' people termed it as 'lucky'. Let there be a run out when Aaron's bowling, people would claim that the run out was in effect of that pacy delivery.[/quote'] yeah :cantstop:

One interesting aspect about Bhuvi's bowling today was the amount of zip and carry he got from his short balls on a slow deck. One of the advantages of a good wrist and seam position. Players who actually play the game professionally, have this phrase about describing an effective pacer ..... " He was getting the ball through ". Today, Bhuvi was doing that. I hope he maintains this.

One interesting aspect about Bhuvi's bowling today was the amount of zip and carry he got from his short balls on a slow deck. One of the advantages of a good wrist and seam position. Players who actually play the game professionally, have this phrasr about describing an effective pacer ..... " He was getting the ball through ". Today, Bhuvi was doing that. I hope he maintains this.
This is what i was saying all along. He has great seam position so he is quicker off the pitch than some of the bowlers with higher clock speed. He is very deceptive. He introduces an element of doubt into batsman that make the ball appear quicker to them But he is being used as workhorse since Dhoni keeps strengthening batting rather than bowling. So he is very close to a burnout now.
This is what i was saying all along. He has great seam position so he is quicker off the pitch than some of the bowlers with higher clock speed. He is very deceptive. He introduces an element of doubt into batsman that make the ball appear quicker to them But he is being used as workhorse since Dhoni keeps strengthening batting rather than bowling. So he is very close to a burnout now.
Deceptively quick bowlers are very difficult to play. Kumble had this quality. He was anyway quick in the air for a spinner. But some deliveries ,after pitching, zipped through even more. Made him unplayable at times. I would like BK to develop this quicker ball. Say three 125 k deliveries followed by a straight 132 k delivery. That becomes very difficult to play too.
Deceptively quick bowlers are very difficult to play. Kumble had this quality. He was anyway quick in the air for a spinner. But some deliveries ,after pitching, zipped through even more. Made him unplayable at times. I would like BK to develop this quicker ball. Say three 125 k deliveries followed by a straight 132 k delivery. That becomes very difficult to play too.
Sir Aggy was another one.
This is farce. No one gets quicker after pitching. It is how less pace one loses after pitching. A slower bowler bowling at 125 will still be slower at batsman than a bowler bowling at 140K. Even if a 140K pacer loses 20 K after pitching, he will be hitting bat at 120. A 125K bowler losing only 10K then he will hit bat at 115. This is a serious misconception. Bowling action and movement decides how a batsman will pick a bowler. He his a unique bowling action, sometimes batsmen do not pick him that well and then movement plays its role too and that is what makes the difference movement in the air and off the pitch.

@VVVS keeping BK aside, there is some truth in what you say, since i bowled quick myself for the school team. I was a medium pace bowler with the tennis ball but a pretty quick bowler with the cricket ball with seam. There were others, who bowled at the same speed with both the tennis ball and the cricket ball. Thats because i depended more on my shoulder strength than my arm speed. People who depend on arm speed (quick thru the air), normally float the ball for swing, people who depend on shoulder strength (quick off the wicket), hit the wicket hard foe seam movement. Wasim akram has a float release, where as Glenn McGrath bangs it into the wicket. GMG might be bowling at only 125 kmph but let me tell you, there will be times on a flat wicket that he will seem quicker than a akram's 130 kmph delivery, because how fast the ball springs up on the batsman after hitting the wicket. The amount of pace lost on a GMG's delivery is much lesser than a WA's delivery. This is the reason, Marshall used to be much quicker than anticipated, because of his excellent seam position, the ball skidded off the pitch, losing much less pace after the bounce. But the example you gave is wrong, BK normally floats the ball for swing, it kisses the wicket, rather than hitting it hard. Shami bangs it into the wicket, though its a shame he is short.