Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

bhuvi and chahar were not too impressive today. neither swing nor pace, they relied on variations in pace. 

just that lankan batsman did not do very well. 

kuldeep bowled some good balls and some bad. yuzvendra was average. Hardik was average.

just SHaw and Ishan have been phenomenal.

38 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We are discussing our batsmen in the speed and performance thread.

Shows how "exciting" our pace bowling was.   :phehe:

The scoring speed of Shaw and Kishan was more exciting.

No it shows how biased this sub is. If shami and bumrah were doing same thing and going at 7 per over without taking wicket you would have still been circlejerking and positing speed gun readings while they were carted around on same flat wicket. 

Just like when shami and  burmah took 1 wicket with new ball in 150+ overs in wtc  test again NZ which was way more boring than this

Having said that, bhuvis performance should have no place in the team, we have really exciting youngsters like siraj who can do way better r

Edited by New guy
1 hour ago, New guy said:

No it shows how biased this sub is. If shami and bumrah were doing same thing and going at 7 per over without taking wicket you would have still been circlejerking and positing speed gun readings while they were carted around on same flat wicket. 

1)   What you never seem to understand is that ... People will like what they like and what interests them. 

Fast bowling fans will love and discuss fast bowling and not be that interested in other aspects. 

Why are you offended by this ?

2)   I don't see any swing bowling fans discussing swing bowlers either. Seems like there are only anti-fast bowling fans and no true fans of swing bowling.

Just like when shami and  burmah took 1 wicket with new ball in 150+ overs in wtc  test again NZ which was way more boring than this

Shami took 5 wickets in the match and bowled really well in the first innings. Took a 4 fer and created a few more chances too. 

Bumrah has been strongly criticised for his lack of wickets in the final.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

1)   What you never seem to understand is that ... People will like what they like and what interests them. 

Fast bowling fans will love and discuss fast bowling and not be that interested in other aspects. 

Why are you offended by this ?

2)   I don't see any swing bowling fans discussing swing bowlers either. Seems like there are only anti-fast bowling fans and no true fans of swing bowling.

Shami took 5 wickets in the match and bowled really well in the first innings. Took a 4 fer and created a few more chances too. 

Bumrah has been strongly criticised for his lack of wickets in the final.

Yeah except you guys confuse blind speed gun readings with good bowling. No one is getting offended , I am refuting the point about excitement vs boring, speed gun readings blindly wothout performance is boring for most human beings. Bowlers tying the batsmen down by good bowling on a flat pitch might be exciting for others 

There were many attempt of swing bowling discussion  but those people were all ganged upon and shut down by the speed gun fanatics. Swing bowlers are always abused and attacked despite similar performance. If  bhuvi or someone similar excels and take 3-4 wickets  there is no mention on the  entire of this thread but someone clocking  145 despite going for plenty will be mentioned. 

the hypocrisy around Bhuvis test numbers are prime example where a million excuses are made for his outstanding number. 

Shamis old ball skill is never in doubt but in  England and New Zealand if you don't take wickets for 60, 70 overs (his first wicket came in 64 overs) the match will be lost 9 out of 10 times.

But I was using that example to show no one was "bored" for those 60, 70 overs despite these bowlers doing nothing.

Chahar came back and bowled brilliantly yesterday later stage but that won't be acknowledged 

Edited by New guy
5 minutes ago, New guy said:

Yeah except you guys confuse blind speed gun readings with good bowling.

This statement just shows that people will see what they want to see. Facts be damned. 

No one is getting offended , I am refuting the point about excitement vs boring, speed gun readings blindly is boring for most human beings 

Pacers bowling well and at high speeds is exciting for a high percentage of cricket fans.

That is the target for most fast bowling fans.

There were many attempt of swing bowling discussion  but those people were all ganged upon and shut down by the speed gun fanatics. Swing bowlers are always abused and attacked despite similar performance. If  bhuvi or someone similar excels there is no mention on the  entire of this thread but someone clocking  145 despite going for plenty will be mentioned. 

So, why don't you discuss and analyze Bhuvi and Chahar's bowling after every match ?

I did not see you talk about the swing bowlers during or after yesterday's match either. 

Shamis old ball skill is never in doubt but England and New Zealand if you don't take wickets for 60, 70 overs (his first wicket came in 54 ovsfs) the match will be lost 9 out of 10 times. But I was using that example tk show no one was "bored" for thise 60, 70 overs despite thrde bowlers doing nothing.

Unless a swing bowler is of the quality of an Akram or Anderson or Hadlee, most cricket fans don't seem to be interested in swing bowling.

Make peace with that fact.

People will like what they like.

A high percentage of men are interested in activities involving speed, power, strength etc. It is what it is. 

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

This statement just shows that people will see what they want to see. Facts be damned. 

Pacers bowling well and at high speeds is exciting for a high percentage of cricket fans.

That is the target for most fast bowling fans.

So, why don't you discuss and analyze Bhuvi and Chahar's bowling after every match ?

I did not see you talk about the swing bowlers during or after yesterday's match either. 

Unless a swing bowler is of the quality of an Akram or Anderson or Hadlee, most cricket fans don't seem to be interested in swing bowling.

Make peace with that fact.

People will like what they like.

A high percentage of men are interested in activities involving speed, power, strength etc. It is what it is. 

Yep that's me. Speed gets me excited no doubt. But i like to see blood morso. I want to see brutal bouncers at 135 plus. I want to see bowlers rip through teams via pace and bounce. That really excites me. 

Speed strength power. 

Don't give a rats butt about swing unless the bowler is actually exceptionally skilful and can take pitch out of equation like McGrath or wasim. 

As good as kyle Jamieson is, he will be swatted in Asia and probably on bouncy wickets of Australia and south africa as well. His pace is trash.