List of all the catches and matches Virat Kohli has dropped in Test cricket

Number

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

There is no excuse for amount of catches he is dropping, these drops will kill any chances India will have in SA.

what's even mora egregious is that after they drop the catches, they still stay in the slips and rotate between themselves :facepalm:

Might sound bizarre but Kohli has too small a hands to field in the slips...strong core,6 pacs etc won’t help with slip catching.

Look at our best slip catchers Dravid,Laxman,Sehwag hardly fit or athletic builds but they all have big hands.

Remember Brian “buckets” McMillan.

Even from what I can remember even Inzi was pretty decent in slips compared to his fielding elsewhere atleast.

Jonty Rhodes,Herschelle Gibbs, Ricky Ponting hardly field in slips even though they were athletic and the best fielders in the side because of small hands.

Kallis,Warne,Hayden etc are other examples of brilliant slip fielders.

I don’t know if there is any scientific theory behind it but clearly a pattern. 

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

what's even mora egregious is that after they drop the catches, they still stay in the slips and rotate between themselves :facepalm:

Do they still throw tamatar and andas in stadiums...next time Dhawan does his thigh celebration turning to the crowd when he pulls off a catch at the boundary...he needs to be rewarded with one.

Just now, Laaloo said:

Pujara is responsible for Indian series loss against England in India in 2012, he was wearing pads and standing in slips dropped Cook like three times.

Bell was dropped many times in England series poor Pankaj Singh , he will never play another test and will end up with zero wickets thanks to these buttered fingered fielders.

What is alarming is no one is really good there, Dravid, VVS very very good in slips and Sehwag was excellent in gully.They need to match those guys or else we can kiss the series good bye.

Do you remember Dravid's gems in Durban of Bhajji.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Pujara is responsible for Indian series loss against England in India in 2012, he was wearing pads and standing in slips dropped Cook like three times.

Bell was dropped many times in England series poor Pankaj Singh , he will never play another test and will end up with zero wickets thanks to these buttered fingered fielders.

What is alarming is no one is really good there, Dravid, VVS very very good in slips and Sehwag was excellent in gully.They need to match those guys or else we can kiss the series good bye.

yeah I remember. You know what's funny? From the fab 4, the only dropped catch I remember in the slips was from Sachin when he dropped symonds in 2007 Perth. Don't remember anyone else dropping dollies like the current bunch do. And Sachin was a good slip fielder as well. Much better than Kohli etc. 

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

yeah I remember. You know what's funny? From the fab 4, the only dropped catch I remember in the slips was from Sachin when he dropped symonds in 2007 Perth. Don't remember anyone else dropping dollies like the current bunch do. And Sachin was a good slip fielder as well. Much better than Kohli etc. 

Sachin would be best slip fielder on this team. But problem is starting from Rahul to Jadeja none of them are good.Vijay I thought was okay but somehow he is not seen in slips.

Batsmen unable to chip in with few overs and one of the worst catching slip fielders might end up being a big hurdle to this team.Catching can improve if they work hard.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sachin would be best slip fielder on this team. But problem is starting from Rahul to Jadeja none of them are good.Vijay I thought was okay but somehow he is not seen in slips.

Batsmen unable to chip in with few overs and one of the worst catching slip fielders might end up being a big hurdle to this team.Catching can improve if they work hard.

I'm sure Vijay must have dropped a catch in the England series so Kohli removed him. The problem is that Kohli doesnt remove himself or Dhawan despite dropping countless chances.

35 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I agree with your post but Pujara dropped Cook only once. He was wearing his shin pads because he was fielding in FSL/SP for the spinner in the other end and hence didn't bother to take them off in slips :facepalm:, Sunny was livid with that attitude. Because of the shin pads he was slow to bend and dropped a sitter. Same innings Ashwin got Cook out plumb LBW twice but no DRS back then :wall:. I don't have the exact stats but with DRS I bet we would have won many more tests in the 2012-16 period. 

55 minutes ago, maniac said:

Might sound bizarre but Kohli has too small a hands to field in the slips...strong core,6 pacs etc won’t help with slip catching.

Look at our best slip catchers Dravid,Laxman,Sehwag hardly fit or athletic builds but they all have big hands.

Remember Brian “buckets” McMillan.

Even from what I can remember even Inzi was pretty decent in slips compared to his fielding elsewhere atleast.

Jonty Rhodes,Herschelle Gibbs, Ricky Ponting hardly field in slips even though they were athletic and the best fielders in the side because of small hands.

Kallis,Warne,Hayden etc are other examples of brilliant slip fielders.

I don’t know if there is any scientific theory behind it but clearly a pattern. 

And Stephen Flemming an other guy with giant hands, Graeme Smith, Kallis

On 12/6/2017 at 2:19 AM, Gollum said:

I agree with your post but Pujara dropped Cook only once. He was wearing his shin pads because he was fielding in FSL/SP for the spinner in the other end and hence didn't bother to take them off in slips :facepalm:, Sunny was livid with that attitude. Because of the shin pads he was slow to bend and dropped a sitter. Same innings Ashwin got Cook out plumb LBW twice but no DRS back then :wall:. I don't have the exact stats but with DRS I bet we would have won many more tests in the 2012-16 period. 

the Dhoni era :hatsoff:

On 12/5/2017 at 4:07 PM, Trichromatic said:

From the other thread.

After WI series, Kohli has taken 18 catches and dropped 12 or 13 of them. 

Success rate of 60% or less.

7 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Dropped Buttler yesterday, but his plan of dropping match didn't work.

No drop catches for almost 4 years and you guys are criticizing Kohli.

On 12/21/2014 at 2:01 AM, Magneto said:

This list includes all the catches that Kohli has dropped in Test cricket. The total number is 14, including all the fielding positions. Of these, 10 were dropped/missed in slips and gully, and the other four in FSL, BSL and silly mid-on. I have not included half chances and the like. These drops have cost India 597 runs (almost one-third of the 2000+ runs he has scored in Test cricket) Out of the 31 Tests he has played, he fielding has seen a sharp decline in the 2nd phase of his career - he has dropped 3 catches in his first 14 Tests and 11 catches in the next 17. In fact, he has probably been India's best fielder in his first 6 Tests when he was not standing in slips. 

4th Test - Mumbai - November 22-26, 2011 - drops Darren Bravo on 23 (at FSL) - he goes on to score 48 - Match drawn

7th Test - Perth - Jan 13-15, 2012 - drops David Warner on 126 (at First Slip) - he goes on to score 180 - India loses

9th Test - Hyderabad - Aug 23-26, 2012 - drops Martin Guptill on 15 (at 2nd slip) - goes on to score 16 - India wins

15th Test - Chennai - 22-26 Feb, 2013 - drops Clarke on 0 - (as BSL) - he goes on to score 31 - India wins

16th Test - Hyderabad - 2-5 March, 2013 - drops Warner on 13 - (at gully) - he goes on to score 26 - India wins

17th Test - Mohali - 14-18 March, 2013 - drops Ed Cowan on 35 and 64 (slip) - he goes on to score 86. - India wins

17th Test - Mohali - 14-18 March, 2013 - drops Lyon on 12 (slip) - he goes on to score 18 - India wins

20th Test - Mumbai - 14-16 Nov, 2013 - drops Deonarine on 12 (at gully) - he goes on to score 21 - India wins

21st Test - Johannesburg - 18-22 Dec, 2013 - drops Smith on 1 (at BSL) - he goes on to score 44 - Match drawn

24th Test - Wellington - Feb 14-18, 2014 - drops Brendon Mac on 9 (silly mid-on) - goes on to score 302. - Match drawn

25th Test - Nottingham - July 9-13, 2014 - drops Sam Robson on 43 (leg slip ) - goes on to score 59. - Match drawn

28th Test - Old Trafford - Aug 7-9, 2014 - drops Jos Buttler on 34 (gully) - goes on to score 70 - Match lost

31st Test - Brisbane - Nov 18-21, 2014 - drops Steven Smith on 9 (third slip) - goes on to score 28 - Match lost

Revisiting this thread. This post was in 2014. How many matches we could have won but for his butter fingers?