Terror attack at Army headquarters in Jammu and Kashmir's Uri, near Line of Control; intense firing underway

Malcolm Merlyn

A typical Indian circle after any such unfortunate incident...

during (or sometimes even a little before) event: Its Pakistan, Pakistan attacked us, they were Pakistani...

Day1 evening, india

Media: It was XYZ Pakistani camp, here's MAP URLs, WakeUp india, lets attack, here's locations to strike.. Lets Go go go...

politicians: we knew it was coming and it was coming from Pakistan, yes we Already knew...

Army: Pakistan will have to pay the price as soon as possible...

People: Finally its a war time, let rock, yoohoo Attacccckkkkk...!!! Nuke time... Lets wipe Pak, will take merely 10 or so secsonds, kaboom...

Day2, indian media: We found pashto map and "made in Pakistan" jacket and Peshawri naswaar... here's the Google Map of their homes, #wakeup

Day 2 Pakistan

Media: Indian media,politician,people saying ^&*( *()  :D :D Pak is a nuclear nation and they r talking what...

Politicians: what u talking about? Do u have any proves

Army: We are Ready for Any misadventure, will make a Best of Response...

People: yar jo ukharna hey try kar lo... Ham nay Nukes almari pe latkanay k liay banaey hain kya?

Day 3 in India:

Politicians: Actually they are a nuclear country, we have to think... USA please say something against Pak

Army: we can actually make a looong term planning...

people: no, we were actually not talking about war... daikhna abi USA kitna ganda karey ga Pak ko, USA plz?

Media: Yayyyy 2 people from USA said Pakistan is a bad guy and we will see them, USA minister 'thinking' about Pakistan to isolate them (though not sure isolate from what and how)

54 minutes ago, Asim said:

^ that's the point, u only see 1 type of Pakistani and other type of Pakistan is what exists in Reality...

if one type of Pakistani stops coming to India to kill people then we can start thinking about other type of Pakistanis too.  Pakistani citizens are 

6 hours ago, Asim said:

u guys really that dumb or just pretending naive to think whenever/if it happens, its just one-sided?

every week we can hear/see abt infiltration attempts across LoC and what else you would expect from us ?

even our media who is sort of pro-pak like ndtv itself will report these things regularly but i guess your media wont show anything abt what your army/isi does

50 minutes ago, velu said:

every week we can hear/see abt infiltration attempts across LoC and what else you would expect from us ?

even our media who is sort of pro-pak like ndtv itself will report these things regularly but i guess your media wont show anything abt what your army/isi does

sorry but what a moronic reasoning u provided...

dont even want to waste words in a response... but man u talking about Ur media being ur weekly source of info about LoC, ISI/Pak Army? and complaining Pak media wont show that... Imean seriously? WTH... man what else would you or even we for that matter, would expect from YOUR media...

what if I ask would do you completely believe in whatever our media reports about Raw, about indian involvment in our war against terror, raw involvement in Baluchistan yes even the pro-indian media, spies getting caught red-handed... would your media show all this about indian state involvement/raw? You know ur ans right? SAME ans would be from our side if you want us to believe in Ur media as source over all these issues...

Grow up man and get real...

A typical Indian circle after any such unfortunate incident...

during (or sometimes even a little before) event: Its Pakistan, Pakistan attacked us, they were Pakistani...

Day1 evening, india

Media: It was XYZ Pakistani camp, here's MAP URLs, WakeUp india, lets attack, here's locations to strike.. Lets Go go go...

politicians: we knew it was coming and it was coming from Pakistan, yes we Already knew...

Army: Pakistan will have to pay the price as soon as possible...

People: Finally its a war time, let rock, yoohoo Attacccckkkkk...!!! Nuke time... Lets wipe Pak, will take merely 10 or so secsonds, kaboom...

Day2, indian media: We found pashto map and "made in Pakistan" jacket and Peshawri naswaar... here's the Google Map of their homes, #wakeup

Day 2 Pakistan

Media: Indian media,politician,people saying ^&*( *()  :D :D Pak is a nuclear nation and they r talking what...

Politicians: what u talking about? Do u have any proves

Army: We are Ready for Any misadventure, will make a Best of Response...

People: yar jo ukharna hey try kar lo... Ham nay Nukes almari pe latkanay k liay banaey hain kya?

Day 3 in India:

Politicians: Actually they are a nuclear country, we have to think... USA please say something against Pak

Army: we can actually make a looong term planning...

people: no, we were actually not talking about war... daikhna abi USA kitna ganda karey ga Pak ko, USA plz?

Media: Yayyyy 2 people from USA said Pakistan is a bad guy and we will see them, USA minister 'thinking' about Pakistan to isolate them (though not sure isolate from what and how)

True it's the same .In this age conventional war is not an option for India .They have to Destro y Pak through unconventional warfare.They have to make Pak understand in their own terms.

9 hours ago, Asim said:

Whatever makes u feel good...

There are 2 types of Pakistan and Pakistanis:

i. the one which indians imagine; the way indian education and media brainwash them about Pakistan & Pakistanis

ii. the one which exists in Reality, which is thanks God no way near to what indians think about us

so keep going :)

What is the Pak that really exists doing to stop Pak that others perceive? Is the real Pak too busy participating in Hafeez Saeed's rallies, hiding OBL, sheltering Dawood, etc.?

If the real Pak goes around supporting the Pak that others perceive, come to forums to suggest that others are equally bad, etc., then no one cares about real Pak as in reality it is as bad as the perceived Pak for supporting, directly or indirectly even through justification, participation in blame game, etc., the perceived Pak.  And if that is the case, not many would care for the real Pak as the perceived difference b/w real Pak and perceived Pak is negligible 

Edited by zen

I would like many of the following actions to be taken immediately: 

1. Economic sanctions on Pak by Ind

2. Closing of Pak's consulate in Ind

3. Ind, AFG, BD, etc., to boycott SAARC

4. Ind military to be given a free hand in dealing with Pak and Kashmiri separatists 

5. There are reports of Hurriyat receiving funding through Italy to instigate violence in Ind. Immediate arrests of these traitors for carrying out anti-Ind activities 

6. Indus water being given on as needed basis to Pak 

7. Offer full support to the people of Balochistan 

PS US law makers have proposed a bill to declare Pak a terrorist state. Ind could have already officially declared Pak one by now

Edited by zen

I do not understand why the Govt do not allocate more resources and funding to incite Balochistan just like Pak have training camps dedicated to sending jihadis to Kashmir. We should be openly supporting Balochistan and secretly sponsoring mayhem there. This philosophy of non-violence bulllshit gotta stop. Sick & tired of this every year. Indians rise up for few weeks then goes back to sleep til the next incident. Remember when they beheaded the soldier and tortured his body before handing it over...What happened after? Was he avenged? No, instead we let their artists come and make crores. 

5 hours ago, Asim said:

Here is a man who is alleged to have killed the former President Benazir Bhutto and one among the key reasons for the proliferation of terror camps in your country and you are quoting him. Makes me wonder whether your entire country is a rogue one.

Have some shame before making a terrorist like Musharraf look good to represent you internationally. He is a certified terrorist who is allowed to come on TV and represent Pakistan. So, have you guys officially accepted that you are indeed a terrorist state?

2 hours ago, zen said:

I would like many of the following actions to be taken immediately: 

1. Economic sanctions on Pak by Ind

2. Closing of Pak's consulate in Ind

3. Ind, AFG, BD, etc., to boycott SAARC

4. Ind military to be given a free hand in dealing with Pak and Kashmiri separatists 

5. There are reports of Hurriyat receiving funding through Italy to instigate violence in Ind. Immediate arrests of these traitors for carrying out anti-Ind activities 

6. Indus water being given on as needed basis to Pak 

7. Offer full support to the people of Balochistan 

PS US law makers have proposed a bill to declare Pak a terrorist state. Ind could have already officially declared Pak one by now

Of all these, the Indus water is one we can definitely implement and hurt Pak badly. Nobody can question us and all the rogue elements will have only themselves to blame for that.

I wonder why that option is not being mulled by the PMO.

3 hours ago, Texy said:

I do not understand why the Govt do not allocate more resources and funding to incite Balochistan just like Pak have training camps dedicated to sending jihadis to Kashmir. We should be openly supporting Balochistan and secretly sponsoring mayhem there. This philosophy of non-violence bulllshit gotta stop. Sick & tired of this every year. Indians rise up for few weeks then goes back to sleep til the next incident. Remember when they beheaded the soldier and tortured his body before handing it over...What happened after? Was he avenged? No, instead we let their artists come and make crores. 

Lot harder to do when we don't have a direct border with balochistan. 
The logistics of supporting a clandestine operation in a non-contiguous part of the world (with your own frontiers), without major allies on ground, is extremely difficult. 

To operate any 'long term insurgency', one needs to provide immediate-access safe-havens. Having a contiguous border provides that. Not having one, means we have to rely on Iran or Afghanistan 'letting the logistics of Baluchistan independence happen on its soil'. Something that is extremely hard to swing by on a long term basis.

As it stands right now, Afghanistan is not strong enough to 'stand up' to Pakistan and Iran is not entirely sure it wants to 'commit' to 'destabilize Balochistan'- not without securing its own half of 'balochistan' first. 

36 minutes ago, Lannister said:

@zen You think India will take any action? I am starting to fear that this government is same as the previous one. 

Ind will because the army would not like to let the killers of its 18 men go unpunished. This is probably the worst attack in 25 years or so .... Pak thinks that there are two spectrum of operations - a) proxies and b) nukes. However, for Ind there are tons of other military choices as well .... Pak believes that nukes could serve as a deterrent to it being not punished by Ind, while continuing to use proxies (as if having nukes gives it a licence to do such things).  Ind, on the other hand, can think that its nuke will also serve as a deterrent for Pak to not use nukes 

While the military operation can be done at an optimal time, I don't understand the delay in taking many of the other non-military initiatives

Edited by zen

24 minutes ago, Lannister said:

@zen You think India will take any action? I am starting to fear that this government is same as the previous one. 

Also I fear how far behind the 10 years of Congress rule has left us in terms of intelligence gathering and war-readiness....I mean this was the same government that fudged evidence to prove a terrorist like Ishrat Jahan was a victim of communal violence.

Not defending Modi govt. here but just to act on instinct right now might be a disaster as Pak who have nothing better to do than being a warmonger or anti-India and who knows they might be more equipped than us at the moment.

Yeah they won't last in a full-fledged all out war against us but in a reactionary tit-for tat scenario there is a slight probability that they might embarrass us given the fact that they will be more alert now expecting a response.

I will have some patience with Modi for the time-being but I want a perfect response and none of this diplomatic bs.....let us see if he delivers but I will have some threshold of patience for the response.

You have failed to clean those terrorist. When we do that we will do it without bothering how many casualties happen. Its better for your establishment to realize this and stop cross border terrorism and dismantle all the terrorist camps. Not live in delusion that they don't exist.

Your 1000 cuts theory is not going to work because we are a big nation and 1000 cuts are not going get you Kashmir. But it will definitely get you in a deep trouble if war breaks out. If you are sitting somewhere safe far away from your land then I can understand your attitude but you are residing in PAK then do get it right that some kind of military action is unavoidable at some point.

It is just a matter of time that some idiot gets a small nuclear bomb and try to use it against our military and that time, it will be all over for you. India will not listen to anyone. I know that will be a sad day.

40 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Yes, simply because I trust Modi's political acumen. 

Also, like in 1971 when FM Manekshaw asked PM Gandhi for seven more preparatory months to settle East Pakistan in December, it might be the army itself that is advising against an immediate response. Considering the fact that the UNGA is in session, IA might just be biding its time.