Pintu Parcha - India's NO.1 6 hitter.

narenpande1

12 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

My buddy Kunal told me that this guy gets paid 5000 rupees per match and is the main bread winner in his family. 

Kunal although played under 18 cricket for Mumbai absolutely abhors the elitist culture in Mumbai cricket

Unfortunately no local selector takes tennis ball cricket seriously. 

Pintu is just 18 years old - can still make it BIG for India, if he is roped in and groomed.

Sulakshan Sir has been sacked as Mumbai coach and no longer has that sort of pull.

Let me tell you, it is not just Mumbai. It is everywhere. Everywhere in India.

And players have to do themselves some favor before anyone can help them. It only happens in movies where someone finds a Million Dollar Arm from no where. What I mean to say is that, players like Pintu Parcha for once either quit playing this hard tennis ball, or try to go and play pick up hard ball cricket. It will surely be different from tennis ball cricket and he will have hard time adjusting, but eventually he can pick up. And if he is really good, then someone can sponsor him or can see him also if he can be put into anywhere. But until he makes any effort of playing hard ball cricket, it can never happen.

Every person grows up playing with tennis ball. I play hard ball here in Washington Cricket League. It is the top most level, but I played tennis ball all my life and so did many players in Delhi. We used to play odd games of hard ball, but eventually would go back to tennis ball because it was more convenient to play inside the colony, near your house where the grounds were not big and the ball even though might go out of the ground, will be easy to get from the houses. Hard ball would always get everyone mad because of the fear of windows being broken. Anyways, coming to the point, players like pintu parcha need to start playing with hard ball before they can be sponsored or someone can help them. The basics are the similar, but you won't become a good batsman of hard ball over night. You need to get used to the ball.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

What match is this ? what kind of bowling is this? Yusuf Pathan , Hardik Pandya did it at a higher level yet couldn't sustain.

This is Mumbai's tennis cricket circuit. And this Pintu dude is apparently the superstar here.

I have heard it from the people in the " know " that people are aware that this guy talks in just 6's. Genuine great talent.

Nobody know's why he does not play Mumbai Cricket association sanctioned leather ball tournaments.

My buddy Kunal can inquire from  his sources and get some info on this guy in a week.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Let me tell you, it is not just Mumbai. It is everywhere. Everywhere in India.

And players have to do themselves some favor before anyone can help them. It only happens in movies where someone finds a Million Dollar Arm from no where. What I mean to say is that, players like Pintu Parcha for once either quit playing this hard tennis ball, or try to go and play pick up hard ball cricket. It will surely be different from tennis ball cricket and he will have hard time adjusting, but eventually he can pick up. And if he is really good, then someone can sponsor him or can see him also if he can be put into anywhere. But until he makes any effort of playing hard ball cricket, it can never happen.

Every person grows up playing with tennis ball. I play hard ball here in Washington Cricket League. It is the top most level, but I played tennis ball all my life and so did many players in Delhi. We used to play odd games of hard ball, but eventually would go back to tennis ball because it was more convenient to play inside the colony, near your house where the grounds were not big and the ball even though might go out of the ground, will be easy to get from the houses. Hard ball would always get everyone mad. Anyways, coming to the point, players like pintu parcha need to start playing with hard ball before they can be sponsored or someone can help them. The basics are the similar, but you won't become a good batsman of hard ball over night. You need to get used to the ball.

Agreed with BOLD. Delhi is worse than Mumbai.

I really like the look of this guy. I am going to ask Kunal to check with his sources, why this guy is not in the mainstream Mumbai cricket association teams and if he has gotten any sponsorship offers.

6 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

Agreed with BOLD. Delhi is worse than Mumbai.

I really like the look of this guy. I am going to ask Kunal to check with his sources, why this guy is not in the mainstream Mumbai cricket association teams and if he has gotten any sponsorship offers.

I am from Delhi, and I remember when I was playing cricket with my friends in Police line ground in North Delhi, I remember right next to us on a field across, their used to be underprivileged players playing and we used to often find some of them really exceptional. Now after so many years, one realizes that how good they are with the least amount of facilities they have. They used to play with broken bats etc and in chappal compared to us playing with decent cricket shoes. Surely there is talent.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am from Delhi, and I remember when I was playing cricket with my friends in Police line ground in North Delhi, I remember right next to us on a field across, their used to be underprivileged players playing and we used to often find some of them really exceptional. Now after so many years, one realizes that how good they are with the least amount of facilities they have. They used to play with broken bats etc and in chappal compared to us playing with decent cricket shoes. Surely there is talent.

And thats where i feel even pak has done better than us. A lot of their cricketers are from really downtrodden backgrounds and outside major cities.

I have no doubt that if we start truely harnessing even 50 % of the talent we have in our vast country - we will have 3-4 world beating teams -- which should have been the case anyway.

I am very hopeful...India is changing. 

8 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

And thats where i feel even pak has done better than us. A lot of their cricketers are from really downtrodden backgrounds and outside major cities.

I have no doubt that if we start truely harnessing even 50 % of the talent we have in our vast country - we will have 3-4 world beating teams -- which should have been the case anyway.

I am very hopeful...India is changing. 

You are right in certain way but you got that wrong I am afraid.  They are a much poor country that us.We have billion people, and we also have plenty of stories. They are a nation with way less number of people and hence they will always have more such stories than our country. If you see they have a system kind of like some communist nation. Musharraf had a say in their board. Something our country would never have.

14 hours ago, narenpande1 said:

Does not matter..but whats with this elitist attitude ?

Few had any serious hopes from  Sehwag in international cricket..in the late 90's when he was eligible. 

He was a no.7 for Delhi who used to tonk the ball against medium pacers and spinners.

He turned out to be the most devastating opener in the history of test cricket.

Who would have thought a primitive technique guy like Dhoni to be such a legend ? 

Both sehwag and dhoni are aberrations to how selection usually happens for India 

It is an idiotic elitist attitude in selection because of which India for all its resources,talent and now new money has been the biggest underachiever.

We have TONS and TONS of eager talent in the country outside the " BCCI system " that needs to be tapped into.

We are 50 times the population of Sri Lanka, with similar weather and pitches, why on bloody earth don't we have 10 teams at the very minimum to hammer them ? If we were even as efficient as Sri Lanka in utilizing our immense resources, we would have 10 Dhonis and Sehwags at their best waiting to enter the team.

Was hearing one of Jaywant Lele's interviews on youtube about how many times Yashpal Sharma had to beg the chief selector to give Sehwag a chance.

It is our selection system and policies due to which 90 % of India's cream talent in the hinterlands is not even looked at.

:clap::clap::clap:.......

1st of all ur sitting in north america, screaming how things work in India......hahahaha

2nd i have serious advice for u start watching International cricket...........

Plzzz look closely run up and the speed of those bowlers whom Pintu is facing and their accuracy to.......good luck getting such freebies in International cricket

Xamples ur quoting sehwag n dhoni well they played domestic, let this guy get selected 1st.

About questioning BCCI skill to tap talent well, they are far more skilled people there who knw whats a talent then someone sitting in north america who cant make out the diff btw 140k and 110k bowlers. 

Our selection system and policies........its easy to sit and comment but plzz tell what is this system and policies that ur scrutinizing. Do u have ny clue about them

Or u can just sit like old man and crib "its all politics"

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Special Request to @moderators .............

Plzzz move this thread to joke section. Its not fair to have a thread of someone who is yet to play domestic cricket with international and domestic cricket. 

No disrespect to him but we cant even disrespect cricketers who have earned theirs places at 1st class level. Let him earn it

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Special Request to @moderators .............

Plzzz move this thread to joke section. Its not fair to have a thread of someone who is yet to play domestic cricket with international and domestic cricket. 

No disrespect to him but we cant even disrespect cricketers who have earned theirs places at 1st class level. Let him earn it

I think we have a not so strict policy regarding posting here and threads. We rarely go harsh on people and move or delete their posts. I personally do not mind this kind of post as lot of people posted in this and had fun. Some actually agreed to the point that the system in India is not the most clean, even though one might not agree with the point of this thread which was to promote the player and make people aware about him.

Sometimes, we got to let people post things here, so that everyone feel welcome instead of just deleting or moving their posts.