Areas where Kohli is better than Tendulkar as a player.

narenpande1

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Adelaide was as flat as 2015 then where we let Australia score 600 and then could not evn score 300 once.

We batted extremely bad in that game. And on that whole tour as a team. This was a rare occasion in a long time when all of them struggled together in Australia. 

yes, Adelaide 2011-12 was flat too and Kohli did score a 100 in that match and others did not and all of them retired or dropped in next one year of that series. Those guys were past their best, so, they failed, nothing that happened with aging players for the first time.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Never said same. Check my post above. I keppt mentioning pitched will always differ from year to year and you can't copy paste the pitch but pitches do not become flat overnight as it was suggest about adelaide, 2011

I never said Adelaide 2011 was not flat. Even SC in 2011 got flat after day 1 as the moisture dried up and we too scored 400 runs in 2nd innings in that test. But those pitches were far more bowling friendly than what we saw in 2015.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yes, Adelaide 2011-12 was flat too and Kohli did score a 100 in that match and others did not and all of them retired or dropped in next one year of that series. Those guys were past their best, so, they failed, nothing that happened with aging players for the first time.

Exactly my point about the pitch at Adelaide. They will be flat somewhat but we batted bad regardless of the condition in 2011.  

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, Anderson is certainly the best swing bowler SRT has faced in England. He was better than Gough as a swing bowler. He is better than even Dale Steyn when it comes to swinging the ball both ways.

I disagree. Hoggard was just as good a swing bowler.

And Damien Fleming, Wasim Akram were far better swing bowlers.

People keep saying Kohli as a better match winner than Sachin in ODI's and keep pointing out at Kumble,Srinath,Azhar,Ganguly etc etc to say Sachin wasn't the sole match winner etc etc but the fact is apart from to some extent Azhar and Ganguly post 99...Sachin was the "only" matchwinner in the Indian side from 91-99..

Kohli has Dhoni-ATG in ODI's...Rohit-A guy who has 2 200's in ODI's and a mercurial match winner,Dhawan who has  gun stats in ODI's.

As good as the Hobart innings against Srilanka was-one must not forget the momentum was set up by Sachin-Sehwag and then Raina at the other end in the end was smacking it around to maintain 0 pressure with Dhoni still in the dugout.

I think Kohli's 82 vs Australia in the WT20 is his hands-down greatest  innings regardless of the format....those kind of one man army efforts was what Sachin was known for...I am sure there are other one-man army efforts by Kohli but Sachin had a lot more.

3 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

I suppose u r basing this on his ability to reverse swing but don't remember Gough ever having pace anywhere close to the level Waqar

That is why I called him Waqar lite....he was the fastest bowler in that England side in the 90's....used the yorkers pretty well...relied on full pitching quicker deliveries than conventional swing...we are confusing him with Dominic Cork who was a conventional swing bowler

Edited by maniac

When some of our batsmen score runs abroad  ( and they are not established ATGs )  then we call those tracks as flat...this is the kind of inferiority complex we need to get out of.

The fact  that quite a few of those tests produced results proves that results were possible if  the bowling was good.

Edited by express bowling
When some of our batsmen score runs abroad  ( and they are not established ATGs )  then we call those tracks as flat...this is the kind of inferiority complex we need to get out of.

The fact  that quite a few of those tests produced results proves that results were possible if  the bowling was good.

Two tests produced result one genuine helpful wicket and another mainly because of poor umpiring

On 12/11/2016 at 6:03 AM, narenpande1 said:

Are you seriously that senile??? Can;t you read between the lines ?

I spoke about Tendulkar's second failed stint as captain. He failed in his first too. Do you understand cricket enough to know that 

captaincy has many added pressures ? 

Did you even read that article that picks a few lines from John Wright's books about how Tendulkar played very slow from 170s ???

Can't bother spoon feeding, if you dont have neither have the intelligence nor honesty .

Very slow? Like with SR of 30?

It's a myth being propagated everywhere.

Can you guess what was Sachin's SR from 170s and what it should have been?

2 hours ago, maniac said:

People keep saying Kohli as a better match winner than Sachin in ODI's and keep pointing out at Kumble,Srinath,Azhar,Ganguly etc etc to say Sachin wasn't the sole match winner etc etc but the fact is apart from to some extent Azhar and Ganguly post 99...Sachin was the "only" matchwinner in the Indian side from 91-99..

like how steven tikalo was the match winner for Zimbabwe:giggle::hehe:

9 hours ago, mishra said:

Sachin was Jai (Amitabh bacchan) of Sholay. Rest of team was like Thakur. 

Your respect for Kumble, Dravid, Sehwag, Laxman, Srinath,Ganguly and Harbhajan is really touching   !!       :facepalm:

More than 35,000 test runs and more than 1250 test wickets between those 7 players.

Edited by express bowling
14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I disagree. Hoggard was just as good a swing bowler.

And Damien Fleming, Wasim Akram were far better swing bowlers.

Damien Fleming far better, you must be kidding. Also SRT, has not faced Wasim Akram much in swing friendly conditions, especially Akram at his prime. They barely played against each other anyway.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Damien Fleming far better, you must be kidding. Also SRT, has not faced Wasim Akram much in swing friendly conditions, especially Akram at his prime. They barely played against each other anyway.

As far as a pure swing bowler goes, Fleming definitely was better than Anderson. Anderson has more pace but Fleming had more swing and more deviation off the pitch quite easily.

33 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

As far as a pure swing bowler goes, Fleming definitely was better than Anderson. Anderson has more pace but Fleming had more swing and more deviation off the pitch quite easily.

I doubt. Fleming might be better in other aspects, but there is no one I have seen since I am watching cricket can match James Anderson when ball swings. He does it both ways with impeccable control. Even Steyn cannot swing the ball both ways. 

Edited by rkt.india
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I doubt. Fleming might be better in other aspects, but there is no one I have seen since I am watching cricket can match James Anderson when ball swings. He does it both ways with imperious control. Even Steyn cannot swing the ball both ways. 

Steyn swings more than Anderson in favorable condition. You do know swing is movement before the ball lands, correct ? If so, i don't see how Anderson is the swingiest of the bowlers- he has equal swing on both sides, but there have been plenty of swing bowlers who've swung one (outswinger/inswinger) as much as Anderson and the other way, way more.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Your respect for Kumble, Dravid, Sehwag, Laxman, Srinath,Ganguly and Harbhajan is really touching   !!       :facepalm:

More than 35,000 test runs and more than 1250 test wickets between those 7 players.

IMO, It is Ashwin who is responsible for our teams current success. Kohli is second to Ashwin

Most ignorant fans made up their mind about team , hence stopped semifinal match against Lankans, view remained intact till nxt Kolkata test against Aussies

Nxt time if you see match stopped because of Kohli, assume team has only Thakurs

Edited by mishra
Edit: Dont blame just Kolkata crowd. Mood was same among every Indian watching the game live which few resident teenage icfers dont seem to understand