Anderson questions Kohli technique

mishra

Anderson, to me, is quite literally an Angus Fraser with slightly less pace and slightly more seam, with 5x the longevity. 

There is a big difference between an ATG who happens to be a 2-decade career vs a good player with super longevity. 

Anderson is a good bowler.But on conditions that doesnt help him, he just keeps it tight , even at his peak and hope the batsmen make mistakes. Nothing wrong with it, but has been largely ineffective, to sometimes annihilated overseas. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Anderson, to me, is quite literally an Angus Fraser with slightly less pace and slightly more seam, with 5x the longevity. 

There is a big difference between an ATG who happens to be a 2-decade career vs a good player with super longevity. 

Anderson is a good bowler.But on conditions that doesnt help him, he just keeps it tight , even at his peak and hope the batsmen make mistakes. Nothing wrong with it, but has been largely ineffective, to sometimes annihilated overseas. 

Angus Fraser was quicker than Andu? you must be kidding.

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Angus Fraser was quicker than Andu? you must be kidding.

by pace, i don't just mean lateral speed only. Dear ol Fraser had a far meaner bouncer than our Andu and had a better ability to 'push batsmen on the back-foot'. Just that his deviations didnt work as well as Andu, so it evens out a bit.

Look, i will make  a simple analogy : Anderson is like a bowling version of Azharuddin- good, but not quite great coz he has too many flaws in his armoury to succeed in all but favorable conditions. But guy has fight (joshila, just like Azhar) and will sometimes conjure himself a memorable performance or two against all odds just enough to remind everyone of his glimpses of greatness. 

12 minutes ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

Saw the verdct interview.Media has totally twisted Anderson's statement . He praised him that he played very well and was patient.This comment was to say that any technical deficiencies, if they are there, are taken out by the pitches here.

The media hasn't twisted anything and it was not the verdict interview that was reported. It was the post day press conference. He did said that Kohli didn't made any changes into his batting and it was the pitch that helped him which was not entirely true.

https://streamable.com/lq2l

Anderson won Ashes in Australia, was excellent in UAE and India four years ago. To call him ordinary is wrong.No ordinary bowler takes 467 wickets. On side note for those who think Ian Botham was not better all rounder of all four all rounders need to see who has best figures on this ground and he scored 100 also in the same match. 

2 hours ago, mishra said:

^ Anderson was bullied by Ashwin and Jaddu. Specially Ashwin

Good to see Ashwin and Jaddu sledging Anderson for those comments about Kohli. This is the sort of thing that happened when someone said something to the Aussies. This does not make for pretty viewing but I am happy that the team is sticking together and giving it back when needed.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Anderson won Ashes in Australia, was excellent in UAE and India four years ago. To call him ordinary is wrong.No ordinary bowler takes 467 wickets. On side note for those who think Ian Botham was not better all rounder of all four all rounders need to see who has best figures on this ground and he scored 100 also in the same match. 

Sanjay manju mentioned that pitch had a lot more grass. And I meant Anderson is ordinary overseas. 149 wickets in 47 tests overseas at 35+. Regarding winning that Ashes, he just found conditions that suited him on that tour. Otherwise even ordinary bowlers like Sreesanth and Pathan have won us games overseas against good teams but they will still be called ordinary. Anderson is an HTB + GTB.

Edited by rkt.india
6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

by pace, i don't just mean lateral speed only. Dear ol Fraser had a far meaner bouncer than our Andu and had a better ability to 'push batsmen on the back-foot'. Just that his deviations didnt work as well as Andu, so it evens out a bit.

Look, i will make  a simple analogy : Anderson is like a bowling version of Azharuddin- good, but not quite great coz he has too many flaws in his armoury to succeed in all but favorable conditions. But guy has fight (joshila, just like Azhar) and will sometimes conjure himself a memorable performance or two against all odds just enough to remind everyone of his glimpses of greatness. 

I saw Frazer in his late years and he was not quicker than the current Anderson by any stretch of imagination who himself is in his late years neither frazer had any good bouncer and Depended a lot on outswing. A peak Anderson was one of the quickest bowlers around. On our tour to England in 2007 was, he was consistently around 88-90 mph. Those were his peak years in terms of pace.