BJP MP Udit Raj set to request Prime Minister to introduce quota system in cricket

tweaker

implement it in the ranjis first. Cant simply have a situation whereby its just the international team. Once its implemented for a while then it should be tried to the national team

In theory I back Udit raj. Having 1 place reserved per ranji team for SC and ST candidates should be easily achieved.

If India is going to reach its full potential a degree of compromise in the near term on merit has to be achieved

With regards to the caste of the team, I feel India is getting less "brahmin" in its international teams. Umesh and Jayant Yadav are from middle of the road castes. So there is a natural progression towards more representation. Then these is Shikar Dhawan. 

You look at the mumbai cricket team who are most successful in the ranjis and though SC representation is low Mumbai cricket have produced the likes of Kambli and Eknath Solkar from the SC community. The current Mumbai team is much more representative of the non brahmin castes. The problem cricket faces is unlike football it needs a lot of equipment. Gloves bat pads etc etc. The poor which SC and ST dominate just dont have the resources.

Lets see India have an OBC PM after a long time. So there is change afoot. Might just happen naturally. But i see no harm in giving SC and ST candidates one place reserved per playing 11 in ranji.

We have seen SA produce Rabada. 

Having too many Brahmans means that you play the game a little too softly, and mostly for yourself". This is also evident from the fact that India has never produced fast bowlers who can be compared with likes of Wasim Akram, Brett Lee etc. Even the minuscule number of good fast bowlers are from the Muslim community. But when it comes to batting Indian cricket team has many feathers to its cap. Why? because of it nature. Batting does not require that much physical fitness as compared to bowling. This fact can be emboldened by the fact that Indian batsmen are not the best runners between the wickets.

If you look into other sports the players are mostly from the marginalized section of the Indian society like Mary Kom,  Dhanraj pillai, etc. India has poor record in Olympics because government does not spend enough for training of the athletes. In many cases they have to spend money from there own pockets to avail quality training. Imagine how difficult it would be for a person for marginalized section to compete with the best in the world with bare minimum facilities. 

This quota system or reservation is politics n self defeating, yes provide support for under privileged in all walks of life, sports, education but I have seen so many student who r duffers getting a seat for MBBS based on that n I shudder to think what kind of doctors they will be or fell sorry for the merit students whose place he gobbled.

Cricket n quota is ridiculous n stands against the very ethics of sports the national team should be the 16 best players in the country, anything else n you r causing harm by fielding a weaker team to please some people.

Yes at lower level offer more support, coaching, incentives ,donating kits, n let them compete n have a selection based on merit n nothing else.

Yes there is lots of nepotism in India based on caste, religion n the hiring of people for jobs n selections for teams, jobs in police, Administration are not representing g the population at all.

Also India is a big country n have people of different sub races, in general though numbers n science r their strong points, but physically n athletically not gifted comparatively.

So naturally , Punjabis, guys from central n north India are bit more athletic n strong comparatively, quota in sports n reservation is ridiculous and SA will be burnt in a few years when the effect shall show, it should have been the other way, the blacks should have been provided more incentives, coaching, kits, scholarships to compete with the whites n then the best players be selected on merit.

Edited by MCcricket
This quota system or reservation is politics n self defeating, yes provide support for under privileged in all walks of life, sports, education but I have seen so many student who r duffers getting a seat for MBBS based on that n I shudder to think what kind of doctors they will be or fell sorry for the merit students whose place he gobbled.

Cricket n quota is ridiculous n stands against the very ethics of sports the national team should be the 16 best players in the country, anything else n you r causing harm by fielding a weaker team to please some people.

Yes at lower level offer more support, coaching, incentives ,donating kits, n let them compete n have a selection based on merit n nothing else.

Yes there is lots of nepotism in India based on caste, religion n the hiring of people for jobs n selections for teams, jobs in police, Administration are not representing g the population at all.

Also India is a big country n have people of different sub races, in general though numbers n science r their strong points, but physically n athletically not gifted comparatively.

So naturally , Punjabis, guys from central n north India are bit more athletic n strong comparatively, quota in sports n reservation is ridiculous and SA will be burnt in a few years when the effect shall show, it should have been the other way, the blacks should have been provided more incentives, coaching, kits, scholarships to compete with the whites n then the best players be selected on merit.

We also see lot of rich kids who get MBBS through donation ,u should actually be shuddering more about them in reality.

MBBS has become so costly in India that even the term merit is non existent.

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

We also see lot of rich kids who get MBBS through donation ,u should actually be shuddering more about them in reality.

That's the reason I highlighted Merit n nepotism as biggest factors, yes Indian education has become a money making business for all like hospitals , doctors n it's sad, out here in the US it's crazy to , higher education is not affordable to most as it could cost in fees 30 to 40k per year , n has become a business as well.

But then the whole education n testing system in India is faulty where intelligence n IQ n logic isn't appreciated but needs who can cram n by heart the text books get ahead

17 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

yes. One has to pay even if you have cleared PMT.

18 hours ago, G_B_ said:

With regards to the caste of the team, I feel India is getting less "brahmin" in its international teams. Umesh and Jayant Yadav are from middle of the road castes. So there is a natural progression towards more representation. Then these is Shikar Dhawan. 

You look at the mumbai cricket team who are most successful in the ranjis and though SC representation is low Mumbai cricket have produced the likes of Kambli and Eknath Solkar from the SC community. The current Mumbai team is much more representative of the non brahmin castes. The problem cricket faces is unlike football it needs a lot of equipment. Gloves bat pads etc etc. The poor which SC and ST dominate just dont have the resources.

Lets see India have an OBC PM after a long time. So there is change afoot. Might just happen naturally. But i see no harm in giving SC and ST candidates one place reserved per playing 11 in ranji.

We have seen SA produce Rabada. 

Before Rabada, SA produced, Ntini and Ngam, both genuine fast bowlers and black. Rabada is not the first. He came through U19 system. Similarly, Yadavs are OBCs.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

But i see no harm in giving SC and ST candidates one place reserved per playing 11 in ranji.

It is a slippery slope.  What stops  others from agitating for the same like it has been happening in other fields?

Shami 

Umesh 

Bhuvi 

Jayant

Varun

Kohli 

Dhawan .

I don't then any of them are brahmins or kshatriyas

Edited by radhika
3 hours ago, radhika said:

It is a slippery slope.  What stops  others from agitating for the same like it has been happening in other fields?

Shami 

Umesh 

Bhuvi 

Jayant

Varun

Kohli 

Dhawan .

I don't then any of them are brahmins or kshatriyas

none of them are from the bottom of the caste hierarchy as well.