Md Siraj: Hyderabad Fast bowler

tweaker

And to think of, he first played with a proper cricket ball only in 2015 and here he is in just 3 years.What a talent!

At same time, I wonder how many such talents would be in our rural hinderlands waiting for an opportunity.Why dont BCCI open up residential academies like SAI or AIFF and recruit youngsters from an young age itself.Our recent junior performances in Football are due to such extensive scouting and training at AIFF residential academies.

Edited by Cricket_Fan

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/rahul-dravid-s-advice-to-yuzvendra-chahal-play-more-red-ball-cricket/story-HrBUNz7XBtRPqBLWJEDMBN.html

Praising Mohammad Siraj, who bagged ten wickets against South Africa and helped India A clinch the first unofficial test, Dravid said he has been terrific.

“I think maturity is one thing. Definitely, the way he has bowled in last three to four games for us in England and here has been absolutely terrific. He has taken 26 wickets in last three to four games. Also 10 here. He is maturing and bowling good, and also he is becoming stronger physically,” he said.

“For someone, who has not even played a lot of junior cricket coming up. He has not been really a part of the system. He has played 17 or 18 first class games. So, he is learning.”

“He has played a little bit of IPL and has been in and out. He has not had that much opportunities. The more he plays, the better he will get. I think, this is great and good step,” he said.

“We are trying to create conditions - have more grass on the wicket so that it is bit more challenging for our batsmen while our seamers come into play. This hones their skills and gives them a chance to develop their skills,” Dravid said.

Edited by tweaker
10 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

He's done wonderfully well versus the touring Saffers.We need bowlers like these who take massive wicket hauls rather than the 2-3 wicket ones.Good to see an Indian pacer take bucket full of wickets in just one match. :cheer:

Agree strongly.

8,  7  and  10  wickets  in the last 3  unofficial tests  by Siraj.

36 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Agree strongly.

8,  7  and  10  wickets  in the last 3  unofficial tests  by Siraj.

Only these type of bowlers who take 10 wicket hauls are more likely to take 25 + wickets in 3 or 4 test series. Like Roach took 5 for 8 last month. Caddick 6/11. Broad 7 for 16 something, Botham 5 for 1  , Ambrose 7/1 etc. Need someone to rip through the opponent bating lineup even before they get a clue what has happened and change the game on its head and win it in a matter of three overs.

I hope he will be considered for longer format. And i am hopeful of his debut because the selectors did give him debut in shorter ones which actually was not his forte having watched him in IPL for couple of season (he was on radar and picked).These 10 wickets hauls bowlers are like 200+ batsmen. Rare but when we find them they solve a lot of problems by making the core very stronger like Sunny,RD ,Sachin,Virat etc.

Edited by Straight Drive
2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Only these type of bowlers who take 10 wicket hauls are more likely to take 25 + wickets in 3 or 4 test series. Like Roach took 5 for 8 last month. Caddick 6/11. Broad 7 for 16 something, Botham 5 for , Ambrose 7/1 etc. Need someone to rip through the opponent bating lineup even before they get a clue what has happened and change the game on its head and win it in a matter of three overs.

I hope he will be considered for longer format. And i am hopeful of his debut because the selectors did give him debut in shorter ones which actually was not his forte having watched him in IPL for couple of season (he was on radar and picked).These 10 wickets hauls bowlers are like 200+ batsmen. Rare but when we find them they solve a lot of problems by making the core very stronger like Sunny,RD ,Sachin,Virat etc.

7 to 10 wicket hauls ...  good pace ...  height around 6'0" ...  beautiful lines and lengths ...  seam movement both ways and some swing ... he has a lot going for him now.  Dravid says he is stronger too.

22 hours ago, express bowling said:

Siraj is bowling a wonderful wonderful line these days.

So many deliveries where the batsman does not know whether to leave or play.

He has found the "secret "  of taking wickets in tests and the first 40 overs of ODIs.

Just saw the video. Loving the shape he got on the ball, the first wicket and another one as well.  2nd wicket was a bad shot, but that's fine.  

Such a promising prospect this guy is.  Hope he stays injury-free and keeps developing.  I feel he's more of a longer format player, would be interesting to see him play a warm-up game against a visiting top test side.  

Although T20 speeds are not always relevant in 5 day matches ,  they do show whether the bowler has it in him to bowl quick or not.

Siraj's bowling speeds from IPL 2018

Fastest /  Average  ( rounded off )

145 k / 135 k

146 k / 136 k

147 k / 140 k

150 k / 139 k

144 k / 136 k

140 k / 134 k

146 k / 138 k

143 k / 134 k

146 k / 141 k

145 k / 137 k

144 k / 134 k

Tabulated from  IPL T20.com

He has bowled fast in almost every game.

Average speeds could have been higher but for the numerous slower balls.

Edited by express bowling