Australia would slaughter India on these kind of pitches

narenpande1

overall point is - when we tour away, opposition will make pitches/conditions tough for india and our batsmen are up against tough conditions, let's make it tough for Aus and favorable for Ind bowlers. Indian curators should not be (even inadvertently) charitable to Aus.

Edited by fineleg

There is no way for Aus to play Ashwin/Jadeja/J Yadav in Indian conditions. Warner will score so will Smith but they will be overwhelmed by spin and then by Indian long batting order. It will be a bit more difficult than England but India will win fairly comfortably, Eng did not have someone like Starc though so lower order wont bat as much in this series.

4 hours ago, laaloo said:

The OP is clueless again

@laalooPlease go back to your cookery/recipe threads. Cricket is not your cup of tea :smile:

To the others,

What i meant by slaughtering was our bowling would be taken to task against Aussies on these type of flat wickets. We would struggle to take 20 Aussie wickets on these kind of pitches.

Aussies are Not Pakistanis, who never learn. They will come much better prepared. Warner and Smith can take a test match away from us in 2 sessions of batting. 

As randomguy pointed out, we need 2 turners and 2 normal pitches for fairness sake.

Dharmasala pitch will totally favor the Aussie bowling attack, so as it 1 test match is like an " away " test for us.

Edited by narenpande1
4 hours ago, narenpande1 said:

@laalooPlease go back to your cookery/recipe threads. Cricket is not your cup of tea :smile:

To the others,

What i meant by slaughtering was our bowling would be taken to task against Aussies on these type of flat wickets. We would struggle to take 20 Aussie wickets on these kind of pitches.

Aussies are Not Pakistanis, who never learn. They will come much better prepared. Warner and Smith can take a test match away from us in 2 sessions of batting. 

As randomguy pointed out, we need 2 turners and 2 normal pitches for fairness sake.

Dharmasala pitch will totally favor the Aussie bowling attack, so as it 1 test match is like an " away " test for us.

Australia are crap. Warner can't play spin. Ashwin and jadeja will more than take care of him. Smith is good but he's a one man army. There's literally no one else in that lineup we should be afraid of. No one. If we play like we played against England there's no reason as to why we can't win 4-0 with a few innings win sprinkled in between. I don't know why you are so pessimistic. We are in a great form. We have a great combination of players. Our bench strength is great too. If you want to be a pussy and be afraid then so be it. I'm looking forward to the thrashings of these Aussies. 

12 hours ago, laaloo said:

Australia are crap. Warner can't play spin. Ashwin and jadeja will more than take care of him. Smith is good but he's a one man army. There's literally no one else in that lineup we should be afraid of. No one. If we play like we played against England there's no reason as to why we can't win 4-0 with a few innings win sprinkled in between. I don't know why you are so pessimistic. We are in a great form. We have a great combination of players. Our bench strength is great too. If you want to be a pussy and be afraid then so be it. I'm looking forward to the thrashings of these Aussies. 

Handscomb is no push over.

Its amusing to see how arrogant some posters here are and how they underestimate Australia

I would be extremely happy to face all the brickbats and eggs if we win 4-0, which would be really awesome.

But I am fearful of Australia's raw talent, that people here are ignoring. We need supportive result pitches to guarantee 4-0 - and thats all I am hoping for. Anything that can guarantee 4-0.

5 hours ago, Pollack said:

Handscomb is no push over.

Handscomb is a backfoot player, he has no front foot game as far as I have seen of him, I am not cricket expert but if he plans on playing on backfoot against our spin trio and gets stuck in the crease then, my friend, we will have 2 free wickets in the australian line up (him along with khawaja :giggle:)

Handscomb is a backfoot player, he has no front foot game as far as I have seen of him, I am not cricket expert but if he plans on playing on backfoot against our spin trio and gets stuck in the crease then, my friend, we will have 2 free wickets in the australian line up (him along with khawaja :giggle:)

Ha bhai tu hi sachha!!!!!! 😨😨😨 handscomb to free or useless wicker hai bilkul Teri post ki tarah

Ha bhai tu hi sachha!!!!!! 😨😨😨 handscomb to free or useless wicker hai bilkul Teri post ki tarah

This is the same team that got wiped in Sri Lanka a series ago and replaced half their players.  The insipid pak team and their performance against them is of little import here. Heck, Starc was bowling rank crap against the Pakistani.  This team lives and dies by how Warner does; they might eek out a victory if Warner plays well. Outside of Warner and Steve Smith there is no one of any real caliber.  Handscomb currently doesnt have the technique to do well on Indian pitches, and this team has no quality spinners.

This Aussie team shouldn't be under estimated.

they have 4 match winners in Warner Smith Starc and Hazelwood

the only 2 we can kind of brush off are wade and Lyon

Apart from that rest of the team is made up of unknown commodities so can't really totally write them off- Renshaw Handscomb Bird are upcoming players and we don't know how good they will be on these pitches.

In the past when likes of Ponting Gilchrist Warne didn't do much- likes of Clarke and Hayden became big stars after the Indian tour.

obviously India are the favorites but let us not get ahead of ourselves with the bravado.