Ramnath Kovind : 14th President of India

tweaker

17 minutes ago, velu said:

google maadi :p:

I did that and checked his wiki and his profile looked no better than an average lawyer who probably fought for Dalit rights taking up some positions and that's all.

I felt his stature does not look good enough to be a President of 1.3 billion country. I could have missed out on something and hence looking for some enlightenment here. Or as someone says above, is this a "prathiba patil" moment from BJP???:facepalm:

Can someone please list the achievements of Ram Nath Kovind? How should Indian citizens consider him the first citizen. 

1)Dalit

2)Loyal to RSS

Aur koyi achievement ki kya zaroorat hai

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This will help in minimizing any loss of seats in UP/Bihar (MH as well to an extent)  in 2019. In Rajasthan/Guj/MP, they can try to go full saffron mode. In MH, lot of SS votes will be transferred to BJP. Karnataka is coming back to BJP fold anyways. They have Assam, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand for the most part. In Haryana, lot depends on the progress of the cases against Hooda/ damaad. If some do flip to INLD/INC, non Jats should help filling the gap.  Only tricky state is Andhra as TDP will try to play games. I think 2019 is almost in the bag. 

BJP state governments just need to be watchful of opposition goondas that will stoke riots over the next 2 yrs. 

5 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

This Kovind fellow seems legit. He has spoken against reservations for Christians and Muslims. This is a major issue. Only Dalits have a valid claim on reservations. Hopefully the BJP netas move to remove all non-dalit reservation. :cheer:

And he is correct. Reservations are for those socially deprived so how can they even ask for reservation when they ruled our country for 800 years.

11 minutes ago, someone said:

And he is correct. Reservations are for those socially deprived

Yes definitely. Interestingly, from what I remember, Ambedkar only argued for reservation for Dalits, that too for only 15 years after independence. 

11 minutes ago, someone said:

when they ruled our country for 800 years.

The reasoning is correct, Muslims/Christians weren't/aren't oppressed in Indian history, but let's not continue with this Islamist myth of 800 years of ruling India.  

Edited by Tibarn

1 hour ago, dial_100 said:

^ Dalit plank  gone for toss???

Meira Kumar is also Dalit I think. She is Jagjivan Ram's daughter. Basically the centre put a Dalit so the opposition responded with a Dalit.