Some MSD fans seem happy with an Indian loss

G_B_

5 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

What the hell are you on about seriously ?

If not an excuse what else was that exactly lol.We won the toss , we would had a far better chance of winning if the defensiveness of Ganguly didn't decide to bowl first .

So yes saying that we had no chance was a nonsense excuse.

Don't try to cover up with that my country your country patriotic nonsense.

Imagine India went to T20 world Cup semi with that pathetic attitude that the Aussies are too good, I am sure we could have got hammered again

Hindsight is always 100%.   At that time, there was a strong opinion going around that  bowling first on a fresh pitch in South Africa  may help us contain Australia.  In hindsight, that did not work out but before the match, batting first was not the unanimous decision of other experts even.

I am not saying we had no chance.  But there is a difference between analyzing the preparation for a current match, analyzing a match immediately after .... and reflecting on it after 14 years.  

To pick out a match where we came 2nd in a World Cup and lost to perhaps the best team in the history of ODIs as an example of failure of a captain does look like fault finding out of personal dislike. I don't  see you picking out and analyzing the matches that Dhoni lost years ago in the same way  ( neither do I advocate it really )

If it is a current match about to happen, no matter how strong the opponent team, we want to win at all costs ( and that has been the case for the last 17 years atleast if not more ).   Reflecting on it years later is different and the overall performances of certain teams and certain players for certain periods become more relevant.  Just remembering the bad points and forgetting the good ones is hardly warranted.

Edited by express bowling

Hindsight is always 100%.   At that time, there was a strong opinion going around that  bowling first on a fresh pitch in South Africa  may help us contain Australia.  In hindsight, that did not work out but before the match, batting first was not the unanimous decision of other experts even.

I am not saying we had no chance.  But there is a difference between analyzing the preparation for a current match, analyzing a match immediately after .... and reflecting on it after 14 years.  

To pick out a match where we came 2nd in a World Cup and lost to perhaps the best team in the history of ODIs as an example of failure of a captain does look like fault finding out of personal dislike. I don't  see you picking out and analyzing the matches that Dhoni lost years ago in the same way  ( neither do I advocate it really )

If it is a current match about to happen, no matter how strong the opponent team, we want to win at all costs. Reflecting on it years later is different and the overall performances of certain teams and certain players for certain periods become more relevant.  Just remembering the bad points and forgetting the good ones is hardly warranted.

That's the defeatist I was mentioning .

Who exactly were mentioning these strong bowling first suggestions .Most pundits etc were surprised when we decided to bowl first .

And if there is some help , still batting was our strongest suit .So yes batting first , see off the new ball, put a big total on the board and let the scoreboard pressure work .That was a world Cup final ffs.If u can't trust Sachin to see off the new ball then what's the point? There was nothing hindsight in that.

Just because we lost to a great Australian team doesn't excuse the mistakes he made .He has a big chance and we screwed up because of our defensive attitude.

And yes I have criticized Dhoni plenty for his mistakes in T20 world Cups from selecting Rahane in 2017 semi to sending Yuvi ahead of Raina in 2014.

But the difference is Dhoni actually won us world cups despite his mistakes.We won more world cups (and ICC trophies ) than in our entire history put together .That's the difference between Dhoni and Ganguly.

Ganguly was k for a couple of years , then under him we turned us into a real team of chockers .Check our record under Azhar and Dhoni in finals and then with Ganguly's record.That's why he was failure as a captain .

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Who exactly were mentioning these strong bowling first suggestions .Most pundits etc were surprised when we decided to bowl first .

And if there is some help , still batting was our strongest suit .So yes batting first , see off the new ball, put a big total on the board and let the scoreboard pressure work .That was a world Cup final ffs.If u can't trust Sachin to see off the new ball then what's the point? There was nothing hindsight in that.

Just because we lost to a great Australian team doesn't excuse the mistakes he made .He has a big chance and we screwed up because of our defensive attitude.

And yes I have criticized Dhoni plenty for his mistakes in T20 world Cups from selecting Rahane in 2017 semi to sending Yuvi ahead of Raina in 2014.

But the difference is Dhoni actually won us world cups despite his mistakes.We won more world cups (and ICC trophies ) than in our entire history put together .That's the difference between Dhoni and Ganguly.

Ganguly was k for a couple of years , then under him we turned us into a real team of chockers .Check our record under Azhar and Dhoni in finals and then with Ganguly's record.That's why he was failure as a captain .

Let's discuss dhoni in tests . After 2011 he was embarrassing . White wash ash after white wash 

standing back to spinners . Bringing himself on to bowl . Oppo all over us and he is expressionless doing his captain cool

while boat is sinking all round him . 

Donee discuss this horror period as skipper leading finally and I mean finally stepping down . 

Funny how dhoni fans forget this years of pathetic skippering 

11 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Dhoni was a better LOI captain than Ganguly.  I don't  doubt it at all.

Ganguly was a better test captain than Dhoni.

But, overall,  both these players were among the best captains we have ever produced   ( in their peak years )  and became bad in their waning years.

That is the hard fact.

It is best to enjoy the peak periods of both these captains and all the other captains as well.

Let's discuss dhoni in tests . After 2011 he was embarrassing . White wash ash after white wash 

standing back to spinners . Bringing himself on to bowl . Oppo all over us and he is expressionless doing his captain cool

while boat is sinking all round him . 

Donee discuss this horror period as skipper leading finally and I mean finally stepping down . 

Funny how dhoni fans forget this years of pathetic skippering 

Aren't u the one who thinks Sachin was a better test captain than Dravid lol

10 hours ago, Viper said:

And ? Afridi has 570 wicks dude would get no where near IND playing XI

Ashwin has 2 x wicks than Bhajji amount of matches he played so Aswhin would qualify for ATG i guess..

Sreesanth at his peak is a Match winner and This dude in WC matches would have lost it to misbah :flute: If he got final over

Do afridi have 400 test wickets? How many matches have Sreesanth won for India? 

17 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Not all.  Few of them are decent posters. Its one particular troll and that troll as expected has gone scurrying back to its hole after too many self goals.

Yes... there are some good posters among Dhoni fans and some average ones.

And, there are atleast  2 or 3  trolls too..... one of them tries to hide it and you know who I am talking about.    :phehe: