Why is Gujarat wasting Kishan down the order?

SecondSlip

Seriously, all Indian fans and even their pet dogs know that Kishan is a very bright prospect and is best used as an opener. Yet he is batting below the likes of Jadeja for Gujarat Lions! Do Hodge and Raina not rate him or something? 

At least give him a few chances opening the batting with McCullum before coming to a conclusion. You're losing match after match, it wouldn't hurt to try something different! 

Who knows, he might shine bright like Nitish Rana has for Mumbai, but how will you ever find out if you keep wasting him! 

Edited by SecondSlip

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Eh? I thought T20 is a format tailor made for youngsters? :hmmm:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes youngsters, experienced and mature youngsters, not toddlers.t20 is a cruel format and it being made for youngsters is a huge misconception. You need completely different set of skills and it is good for those players who have those skills whether they are 22 or 32.

Some players are plain lucky / unlucky to be in certain teams. 

Players like Dhawan (average) and Parthiv (mediocre) are still opening the batting for years now because of the teams they are playing in and because of their own shortcomings (like can't play in the middle order).

1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

Freaking Finch isn't able find a place in top 3.

Baz

Smith

Raina

Finch 

Karthik..

tell me where can they fit Ishan.. I know it is hard on him but he should have been taken by a team like Hyderabad where he could have got more chances..

They are hard hit by no Bravo / Faulkner..

Is Faulkner available for selection?

If he is, they should get him in Smith's place and have a line up that looks like:

Finch

Mccullum

Raina

Karthik

Ishan

Faulkner

Jadeja

bowlers...

Laaloo on Ishan Kishan, why GL waste him lower down?

When you chase 214 you need your best stroke player, much more early for experimentation, than other

Way around.if he bats at 4 with more over to bats on, he certainly help GL winning.I know this guy ever since he was captain of U19.