Modi's farewell Speech to Hamid Ansari

ravishingravi

Ansari in his speech talked about Muslims in India living with "unease" and fear. Well here is how PM decided to give him farewell. It's GOT kind of banter or pot shot really pierced the heart of the man to whom it was directed, while also keeping up the tone and dignity of the occasion. 

Owned him there. 

It is such a sad commentary here that Hamid Ansari, who was Vice President of India for 10 years, seemed to serve only as Vice President of Muslims in India ignoring the remaining 84% of the population. 

Ansari's nephew is Mukhtar Ansari, a dreaded don in UP who has made a living murdering BJP workers. Ansari during his IFS career himself has embarrassed India many times by siding with the Islamic countries, once even betraying RAW workers in Iran. What do you expect from a scoundrel like him? There are better Muslims than him who Congress could have made VP, but no the secularists have never accepted patriotic Muslims, only the rabid communal ones and ISI/anti national traitor Muslims are apples of their eyes. 10 years the chair of the VP has been insulted by having this traitor sit on it. 

7 hours ago, Texan said:

Owned him there. 

It is such a sad commentary here that Hamid Ansari, who was Vice President of India for 10 years, seemed to serve only as Vice President of Muslims in India ignoring the remaining 84% of the population. 

I doubt it was about Muslims. He just spoke what Congress ordered him. A day back, Sonia ji. Now Ansari ji. Intolerance is on rise everywhere apart from Kerala

Edited by mishra

14 hours ago, someone said:

Muslims want privileges and that's what they mean by secularism, and once they are treated in equality, it's oppression.

I keep reading this on the forum.

What are these 'privileges' that the 'Muslims' you mention, have demanded?

Edited by Mariyam

On 8/12/2017 at 7:05 AM, Mariyam said:

Mariyam ji, Equality doesnt mean in terms of cash. List of grievances is far too big to put. Hence you dont see any response to your question. People are being sensitive to you. But I thought just to instantiate so that you can understand where the forum members are coming from when they complain.  Now you can argue and reject below and likes in stricter law sense or simply try to understand why majority India is also turning and voting like minority.

Dasarath (Ramayana) had 3 queens but Hindus in modern India cant have such privileges and feel betrayed by their government when they see it is powerless to do anything about sequential marriages among Muslims or All India Muslim Personal Law Board will not let go of even tripple talaq. Modern India should be modern India for everyone. Not Modern laws for Hindus but AIMPLB dictated laws for Muslims

Modern India providing Haj subsidy for past 70 years while  Hindus have to risk their lives for Amarnath yatra

Edited by mishra

On August 12, 2017 at 2:05 AM, Mariyam said:

In my state Muslims are offered reservations now. May be because of votes or they have demanded it no one knows.

7 hours ago, gattaca said:

In my state Muslims are offered reservations now. May be because of votes or they have demanded it no one knows.

To be fair these reservations and quotas is offered in most states and to most Backward Hindu classes and tribes not just Muslims. Sometimes a lot of the state bank jobs the pass mark is lowered to abysmal levels

49 minutes ago, chewy said:

To be fair these reservations and quotas is offered in most states and to most Backward Hindu classes and tribes not just Muslims. Sometimes a lot of the state bank jobs the pass mark is lowered to abysmal levels

But Muslims havent got caste system. Atleast thats what they claim. While we all know the reality of hollowness to that claim

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, chewy said:

The basis for reservation was that Dalits were discriminated against in Hindu society over hundreds of years. Those reservations themselves were to only be for 15 years.

There is no basis for reservations to non-backwards Hindus. The persecuted-persecutor relationship is completely reversed in the case of Hindu-Muslim dynamic, yet the persecutor gets reservations? 

Reservations can't be for anyone just because they are poor. Also, poverty and backwardness don't in and of themselves result from discrimination. There are poor and backward jatis of Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya, Shudra etc.   

https://www.newslaundry.com/2017/08/14/hamid-ansari-syed-ahmed-khan-narendra-modi-majoritarianism

From the same article:

By arguing that acts of terrorism inspired by Islamists have nothing to do with the average Indian Muslim, why doesn’t he think that violence attributed to gau-rakshaks are also a case of certain individuals or groups going “off-track’’? If the majority shouldn’t feel threatened by a few ‘individuals’ of the minority community joining terrorist groups, what makes Ansari believe that the Muslim population in this country is having a ‘sense of insecurity’ because of the actions of a few ‘individuals’ from the majority community? This exceptionalism of the Indian Muslim turning terrorist, and assertive Hindu groups threatening every Muslim in India, are clearly the stuff of Ansari’s selective imagination.

6 hours ago, Book_Worm said:

Which state?

Telangana has 12% reservation for Muslims. This is ridiculous I understand if it was for ST, SCs there is the reasoning of oppression of rights in the past. How are politicians in daylight now oppressing normal people. This takes the reservation quota beyond 50 %. So should general quota people give up studies now and do farming and odd jobs.

21 hours ago, gattaca said:

Telangana has 12% reservation for Muslims. This is ridiculous I understand if it was for ST, SCs there is the reasoning of oppression of rights in the past. How are politicians in daylight now oppressing normal people. This takes the reservation quota beyond 50 %. So should general quota people give up studies now and do farming and odd jobs.

I live in hyderabad too. I did not know that this bill was approved. This is KCR's doing. I don't understand why? Muslims in telangana are fairly affluent and well off no less than hindus. They haven't faced any discrimination ever. In fact it is the other way round. Telangana was ruled by nizam and hindus were underrepresented everywhere. This is getting too much. This is the fault of KCR and his vote bank politics.

1 hour ago, Book_Worm said:

I live in hyderabad too. I did not know that this bill was approved. This is KCR's doing. I don't understand why? Muslims in telangana are fairly affluent and well off no less than hindus. They haven't faced any discrimination ever. In fact it is the other way round. Telangana was ruled by nizam and hindus were underrepresented everywhere. This is getting too much. This is the fault of KCR and his vote bank politics.

Rightly said. Even congress tried same earlier but there was a high court order to stop the reservations for Muslims this time looks like no one is going to stop this.