Very Poor and inconsistent bowling from Shami and Umesh

maniac

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Shami struggling with fitness or something surely, one can see in the run up but Umesh is bowling better now. Earlier he was waiting for pitch to do something and wasn’t bowling his natural fast line. Now after giving few runs, he has started to run in and bowl fast. 

A pitch like this requires discipline. Pace is import ant to create the X factor but when the pitch does 70% of the work for you,you need discipline and consistency...so far haven’t seen both of them

land 2 balls in the same location.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

A pitch like this requires discipline. Pace is import ant to create the X factor but when the pitch does 70% of the work for you,you need discipline and consistency...so far haven’t seen both of them

land 2 balls in the same location.

Yes, but like I said, Umesh seems to be bowling well in the last few overs. I am more pissed from Shami, the guy is not even running like a fast bowler. 

12 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

thats why they cant run down sides like australians,pakistanistin or south african do.....on a green pitch they are toothless trundlers

It is easy to bowl your heart for 5 to 10 over in a day and get one or two wickets knowing fully well if you fail spinners will pick your slack up.

When there is no spinner coming to your rescue , you need to learn the art of taking 5 fers and that comes only with experience. Ishant Sharma is getting exposed even in Ranjis as he never learnt how to take wickets.

I see lot of fascination on this forum with speed gun readings .

This is exactly the reason why we struggle overseas , our fast bowlers have always been bad at adapting to helpful conditions . Only srinath and zaheer towards the end of their careers learnt this . This where Dhoni struggled had tI fall back on spinners which was never going to work , just hope virat can do something differently .

Just now, putrevus said:

It is easy to bowl your heart for 5 to 10 over in a day and get one or two wickets knowing fully well if you fail spinners will pick your slack up.

When there is no spinner coming to your rescue , you need to learn the art of taking 5 fers and that comes only with experience. Ishant Sharma is getting exposed even in Ranjis as he never learnt how to take wickets.

I see lot of fascination on this forum with speed gun readings .

Not just that , the Indian conditions may be perceived as flat but these are the same conditions these bowlers are brought up on , they know how to take wickets . If you look at even the pak greats they all had a much better record at home , same with srinath and I think even zaheer . Just like batsmen even bowlers need to adapt , only the great ones manage to do it both in case of batsmen and bowlers .