Can India win the 3rd match? (carryover effects)

surajmal

3 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Okay Moen Ali is better than former ranked NO1 bowler in the world. Nobody can perform outside the home conditions 

I don’t follow individual rankings much. It could be if Moin is performing “better” .... Any issues though with Ind or its cricketers being ranked #1 for the performances?

5 minutes ago, zen said:

I don’t follow individual rankings much. It could be if Moin is performing “better” .... Any issues though with Ind or its cricketers being ranked #1 for the performances?

Not interested in rankings for individuals . When I captained  I was only interested that the team won , never been an I in TEAM and never will be 

I think we are going to win this convincingly.

And then we will have many "what if" threads on how we could have won the Test Series in RSA if only we had batted better etc etc.

The Indian Cricket Team's way to troll us.

My gut feel says we will win this by an innings. Kohli's on field backlash is due.

what Should Kohli do to win on the Green Mambo Test wicket-i heard it will be a green Mambo?

play BHuvi,shammi( Assuming he is fully fit else Umesh ),Hardik and Jasprit Bumrah in the Bowling attack and DROP ASHWIN/Jaddu as its a green track.

PLay Karthik ahead of PP only if Karthik is looking good as a Batsman as i rate karthik lowly on green tracks  and  I Still Suggest to PLAY  PAPPU ahead of Karthik as PAPPU can hit a Half century as an opener too.  You guys would say i am biased and a fool suggesting a weak Keeper to play ahead of Karthik but i have a feeling Karthik is a front foot player and IS a SURE SHOT FAILURE as a Batsman in the third test.  both are not great keepers but Pappu is a SAFE Batsman bound to suceed in one innings at least.

Vijay messed up against an average Spinner ...that was a very weak cut..he has to score otherwise he should not be picked up to fly to england.

i am kinda confident that kl rahul , Pujara ,rahane and kohli should score at least in one innings.

Rohit can be played as seventh batsman.

1. rahul
  2. vijay
  3. pujara
  4. kohli
  5. rahane
  6. rohit
  7. Parthiv or Karthik 
  8. Hardik
  9. bhuvi
  10. bumrah
  11. Shammi

since this is  a 4 pronged pace attack with 4 th pacer being hardik, we can only play Shammi if he is fully fit else we should play UMESH yadav ( provided he is looking in rhythm else ishant). if its a 4 pronged attack we need to have all 4 pacers 100 % fit.

On 1/20/2018 at 6:51 AM, Tattieboy said:

South Africa , England and Australia are gunning for you . 

Manipulation of home series to get to number 1 and crowing about it has not gone down well . It's pay back time 

Get your cheap shots in, but if you really do know your cricket, as you claim to, then you know that these 2 test matches were a lot closer than the eventual scorelines indicate.   England and Australia better take notes, its going to get even harder from here on to assume easy wins on home soil against a touring Indian team.  Especially one that doesn't screw up XI selection as badly as it has so far on this tour.  

56 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Get your cheap shots in, but if you really do know your cricket, as you claim to, then you know that these 2 test matches were a lot closer than the eventual scorelines indicate.   England and Australia better take notes, its going to get even harder from here on to assume easy wins on home soil against a touring Indian team.  Especially one that doesn't screw up XI selection as badly as it has so far on this tour.  

I haven't claimed I know my cricket . I have said I have  played cricket .:wp6:

You are 2-0 down with a shambles of a batting line up , problems off the park and you tell Australia and  England they better take note. 

I think you should hope they get their problems sorted out before you start your boasting # whitewash