Indian Test openers for ENG tour ?

fineleg

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

I am aware of him but it's a huge ask for someone so young and inexperienced 

Other young potential " superstars" weren't exposed as an opener n English conditions 

He did tour England recently, although that was against u19...

Yeah, he's a couple of years away from being ready to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

And?

do I need to spell everything out...people should use their own brains once in a while, especially if they post with bravado. West Indies in India is neither adequate preparation or a future predictor of suitability for test cricket. Rohit played brilliantly that series and it served nothing in the long run. 

1 minute ago, mancalledsting said:

do I need to spell everything out...people should use their own brains once in a while, especially if they post with bravado. West Indies in India is neither adequate preparation or a future predictor of suitability for test cricket. Rohit played brilliantly that series and it served nothing in the long run. 

Rohit has not taken test cricket by storm because he had his first games against the West Indies and did well  so nobody should ever again  get first cap against West Indies .

Fantastic thinking smdh

" For test cricket" , i hate to break it to you but playing West Indies is test cricket 

Just now, Tattieboy said:

Rohit has not taken test cricket by storm because he had his first games against the West Indies and did well  so nobody should ever again  get first cap against West Indies .

Fantastic thinking smdh

" For test cricket" , i hate to break it to you but playing West Indies is test cricket 

OK then Tutty boy, can you then elaborate on the perceived benefits of not playing Shaw vs England in England but saving him for vs West Indies in India? Please explain the pros of your genius plan...

Just now, mancalledsting said:

OK then Tutty boy, can you then elaborate on the perceived benefits of not playing Shaw vs England in England but saving him for vs West Indies in India? Please explain the pros of your genius plan...

It is going to be hard even for experienced batsmen , a very young opening bat with no test experience will be targeted and his confidence could be shattered, better to blood him on batter friendly pitches in India and hope he can get off to a flyer. 

Genius plan? It's an opinion I am not  Indian selector :aha:

37 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Do M Vijay really stand up to the hype he gets on ICF? Sure he has good awareness of his off stump. But it wouldn't be enough for a successful test  batsman and it's already showing. 

He did have good awareness of his off-stump. He played a big role in killing the new ball during the last England tour. But he's just back from injury and he looks less sure during this tour. Will still give him benefit of doubt, better than Dhawan or rahul.

37 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Too early for Shaw I think, but given the results of this tour, it may just happen.  

We should take a leaf out of England's book and how Haseeb performed during the India tour.

What does India stand to lose, Dhawan wont last 2 overs against Anderson anyways?!