Priyanka Chopra gets flak for ‘Hindu terror’ plot in Quantico

Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

When I see Hinduism regularly attacked from all corners so frequently I am reminded of what Tyrion said in that court scene-> 'I wish I was the monster you think I am...', 'I am guilty of a far more monstrous crime, I am guilty of being a dwarf....'. 

This is all fine chitchat in the dB gollum, but do you want Hindus to be humiliated at every airport screening session because some of their religion-mates decided to be monsters?

2 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

This is all fine chitchat in the dB gollum, but do you want Hindus to be humiliated at every airport screening session because some of their religion-mates decided to be monsters?

Nah man don't want Hindus to be monsters. Just hope we get rid of the inherent dhimminess and be more assertive. We are a subservient group of people and need to change lest others stomp all over us, nothing wrong in fighting for our rights and self respect. 

37 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

But, just imagine if a hollywood movie starring Jennifer Lawrence is made wherein Osama bin Laden did not bomb the twin towers but the democrats did inorder to make George Bush look like a complete ass. I think their critics and political commentators will have a field day ripping this film apart. The movie will not be banned unlike in a third world country like India. But it will be humiliated and mocked to no end for trying to "mainstream false narrative using conspiracy theories".

Yes, there will be problem if Hollywood produces a film where Bush would have been shown as real culprit instead of al-Qaeda for the 9/11.

But Quantico is in no way equal to the 9/11 and Bush example.

You could have equated Quantico to 9/11, if Quantico would have claimed Mumbai attack was not done by the Pakistanis, but it was the RAW Drama. 

In Quantico it is only pure fiction, and in no way they have distorted any "REAL" incident of the past where Indian Government or RAW is involved. But still I see that Indian friends are behaving like this as if Quantico has shown that Mumbai Attack was done by the RAW itself and thus PC worked intentionally against Indian State in it. 

Please understand, Quantico is not about any real Mubai attack, but it is only a fiction for which one must not react so harshly and blame others for being traitor etc. 

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

I agree Padmavati controversy was stupid and also nefarious in design because of bypolls in Rajasthan that time. WA forwards, cow lynchings, rumor killings all worthy of contempt agree. But this one is different which aims to distort the country's image vis-a-vis the hostile neighbor. I am aghast at many developments in India in the last decade or so, there is rising mistrust/hate/intolerance/division/treachery/terror/violence etc in Indian society and all parties and sections of society are involved in the mess. Having said that this issue is rightly being highlighted, I agree with the general sentiment of offended Indians (and most ICFers) the way things have unfolded here.

I don't think an ordinary show is capable of doing that to a practical level. To do that, a sustained campaign from the political leadership is required. Even in that case, the truth will be loud enough for everyone to be hearing it eventually e.g. OBL's existence in Pak proved Pakistan's duplicity on terrorism despite being a US ally and it came to be known for all public everywhere. Same goes for 26/11 vis a vis India-Pak relations. 

7 minutes ago, Texy said:

Read somewhere director or writer is a Bangladeshi Muslim? 

There are many writers for the show. One of the writers for the 1st season was a Bangladeshi American Sharbari Zohra Ahmed. She doesn't work for Team Quantico anymore and had nothing to do with this episode. Pretty disappointing to see trolls target her on social media over this. 

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Regarding 300 I applaud Iran's decision. That movie was specially made to denigrate Persian/Oriental culture and insult Persian heroes. Look what they did to a legendary ruler like Xerxes !!! It was a naked attempt by the racists to show their culture as superior and I am fine if that is what their audience longs for. But Iranians have no obligation to co operate and accept their history shown in poor light. They banned it, protested, did what they felt was right and have my sympathies. At least they didn't go on a terror spree and as long as that remains the case I am happy. When 'The Da Vinci Code' was released many Christians even in the wonderful tolerant West protested vigorously and issued threats to the writer/makers, don't see how that is any different. In fact I would say we have been more measured in our outrage, no death threats to Ms Chopra. Just pointing out that while you may call Indians touchy, many Western people too got touchy over certain works of fiction.

The movie 300, is a direct adaptation from a graphic novel of the same title. It wasn't an attempt to distort history/show Persians in negative light, it was sticking to the graphic novel. 

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The movie 300, is a direct adaptation from a graphic novel of the same title. It wasn't an attempt to distort history/show Persians in negative light, it was sticking to the graphic novel. 

Then the graphic novel did distort history and show Persians in poor light. See most moviegoers wouldn't even have known there was a graphic novel by that name, I certainly didn't.  

Similar to 'The Da Vinci Code' novel followed by the movie starring Tom Hanks. The novel release and sales passed without incident but movie release was stalled in many parts of the world, including India. That's because generally movies have a wider following than books, cutting across social/educational/cultural strata. 

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Then the graphic novel did distort history and show Persians in poor light. See most moviegoers wouldn't even have known there was a graphic novel by that name, I certainly didn't.  

Similar to 'The Da Vinci Code' novel followed by the movie starring Tom Hanks. The novel release and sales passed without incident but movie release was stalled in many parts of the world, including India. That's because generally movies have a wider following than books, cutting across social/educational/cultural strata. 

I dont think the Graphic novel distorted history very much, same with the movie. The only distortion was, Thermopylae was not fought by 300 spartans but 7,000 Greeks. Once the Persians succeeded in finding the goat-path across the mountains to outflank the Greeks, Leonidas was left with 2,000 Greeks ( of which 300 were Spartans) to make a last stand. 

That was the only factual distortion. The rest - making Xerxes as a weird BDSM guy, Persians having lobster-clawed demons etc. were graphic novel dramatizations, which we see in almost all print or film media that are not documentaries.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:41 AM, DHONI_FANN said:

Its so appaling to see that Indian celebrities are so much enticed by exotic/Thrillseeking life in Hollywood that they are even ready to sell their faith.   Priyanka chopra or the Botox queen is so engrossed in earning all these comforts that she even failed to grasp the essence of being a Hindu and potray Hindus as Terrorists especially those poor sadhus who wear Rudraksh just to earn few bucks. What is more ironical is that she got Padma Shri Award in 2016. Her father was an Indian Army General who dedicated his life to the service of the nation.   

dude,its a *ing TV show .when will you guys realize its fantasy??

33 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I dont think the Graphic novel distorted history very much, same with the movie. The only distortion was, Thermopylae was not fought by 300 spartans but 7,000 Greeks. Once the Persians succeeded in finding the goat-path across the mountains to outflank the Greeks, Leonidas was left with 2,000 Greeks ( of which 300 were Spartans) to make a last stand. 

That was the only factual distortion. The rest - making Xerxes as a weird BDSM guy, Persians having lobster-clawed demons etc. were graphic novel dramatizations, which we see in almost all print or film media that are not documentaries.

I found that part very racist and insulting. If as an Indian I was uncomfortable, you can imagine how the Iranians felt seeing themselves dehumanized on the big screen. It was full of prejudices and looked like Western propaganda to show the Europeans as fine, beautiful, mighty and freedom loving while showing the East in the worst possible way (oppressive, ugly, no freedom, racially inferior, demons....). You know much more history than me, so I am sure you understand the greatness of the Achaemenid Empire and its importance in the Ancient World. N.W India (including PAK, AFG also) too was a satrapy of that empire,  I have read about soldiers from India (mainly Gandhara) participating in Thermopylae... so there is an Indian connection. I am not criticizing the makers of the novel/movie because their target audience probably lap up these stories with great enthusiasm. But Iran had every right to express outrage and ban the movie. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I found that part very racist and insulting. If as an Indian I was uncomfortable, you can imagine how the Iranians felt seeing themselves dehumanized on the big screen. It was full of prejudices and looked like Western propaganda to show the Europeans as fine, beautiful, mighty and freedom loving while showing the East in the worst possible way (oppressive, ugly, no freedom, racially inferior, demons....). You know much more history than me, so I am sure you understand the greatness of the Achaemenid Empire and its importance in the Ancient World. N.W India (including PAK, AFG also) too was a satrapy of that empire,  I have read about soldiers from India (mainly Gandhara) participating in Thermopylae... so there is an Indian connection. I am not criticizing the makers of the novel/movie because their target audience probably lap up these stories with great enthusiasm. But Iran had every right to express outrage and ban the movie. 

Yes, i realize that in the west, there is this distorted view of Greeks defending freedom from the Achaemenids, when in reality, the Persian empire was far more eglatarian than the Greek city states. Its a testament to the Achemenid administration that when Alexander conquered it, he adopted the Achaemenid administration completely. 

The west has this weird view that Greeks were superhuman soldiers. They wern't. What they don't realize, is that Persian army was meant for mobility to cover their vast empire, while Greek armies were designed to fight 50kms from home. During the 400s BC, Greek hoplites had 14 foot long spears and a wooden shield laminated with bronze. The Persians had 12 foot long spears and wicker shields ( designed to protect themselves from volleys of arrows). By the time Alexander comes around, the Persians used 14 foot long spears but the Macedonians used the Sarissa, which was an 18 foot long spear. 
So its easy to see how the Greek infantry crushed the Persian infantry : if 10 people on my side have 14 foot long spears and wicker shields and 10 soldiers from your side have metal laminate shield and 18 foot spears, its pretty much impossible for me to win - your people have a 4 foot reach advantage and a shield that is not easy to stab through.

Its okay for them to create anything they like. We can ignore it. Barring dangal, I have ignored AK, SRK, SK, SLB, Ranveer K and many more. I have skipped many big titles like Tiger Jinda, Secret Superstar, Padmavati. I will continue to do that and not pay attention to what they do. Its an entertainment/media industry. I dont think 1 episode of a TV series could change the world perception.

Guys dont be so sensitive. 

Its okay for them to create anything they like. We can ignore it. Barring dangal, I have ignored AK, SRK, SK, SLB, Ranveer K and many more. I have skipped many big titles like Tiger Jinda, Secret Superstar, Padmavati. I will continue to do that and not pay attention to what they do. Its an entertainment/media industry. I dont think 1 episode of a TV series could change the world perception.

Guys dont be so sensitive. 

It’s not a simple issue... It’s not about the TV series or the episode. If I say that based on that plot, the urban naxalite Sehla Rashid got the clue to blame Gadkari/RSS planning to assassinate Modi and implicate the Muslims?
And she did it...

9 minutes ago, asterix said:

It’s not a simple issue... It’s not about the TV series or the episode. If I say that based on that plot, the urban naxalite Sehla Rashid got the clue to blame Gadkari/RSS planning to assassinate Modi and implicate the Muslims?
And she did it...

And she's getting her ass sued for that.. 

13 hours ago, Sachinism said:

I don't get the butt-hurt.

It's a fictional TV show. Plotlines are plotlines, this is not the 9 o'clock news.

I find it to be an interesting angle, and not something totally outlandish.

I say it's progress we're seeing Indians portrayed as something other than 7/11 owners

And folks who can't get laid. Lol terrorists is an upgrade lol