Mosher

Shivam Dubey

This guy seems to be a good lower order hitter. Smashed Tambe for 5 sixes in an over. Clean striker of the ball. Looks a bit like Yuvraj when he hits big. Want to see how he plays against quicker bowlers. @express bowling @rkt.india

Edited by Mosher

45 minutes ago, Mosher said:

This guy seems to be a good lower order hitter. Smashed Tambe for 5 sixes in an over. Clean striker of the ball. Looks a bit like Yuvraj when he hits big. Want to see how he plays against quicker bowlers. @express bowling @rkt.india

It is very strange that an effortless hitter like Dubey was not picked for the IPL.

9 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

When it comes to batsmen, the rule of thumb is to rely on nothing but their performance over a good few seasons. It's the only reliable indicator. A medley of shots on Youtube tells you NOTHING about the quality of the batsmen.

Till now, he has only played 13 T20s for Mumbai and has an SR of 147.

21 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

When it comes to batsmen, the rule of thumb is to rely on nothing but their performance over a good few seasons. It's the only reliable indicator. A medley of shots on Youtube tells you NOTHING about the quality of the batsmen.

Ofcourse want to see how he performs for a few seasons. He has not played a lot of matches. That's why I also said we need to watch how he plays pacers too. Just saying he looks like a good clean striker of the ball judging by the huge sixes that he hit off Tambe. Smacking a bowler like Tambe who has had a decent run in IPL for 5 sixes shows he has some big hitting talent. 

It is true that performances over a few seasons is one of the necessary criteria for gauging the quality of test and ODI batsmen.

But, when it comes to selecting sloggers for T20s  ( not talking of the ones whose role is to play 15+ overs if possible ) ...  the ability to hit the ball cleanly, powerfully, long,  and frequently,  are more important factors.  Ofcourse, as @Mosher  pointed out, it is important to see if the slogger has the ability to hit fast bowlers. 

If that ability seems to be there, then a stint with an IPL team may help the player improve. He may get more chances to play fast bowlers too and improve his hitting ability against quicks.

All the picked sloggers won't succeed ... but if we are able to unearth a Hardik Pandya type of hitter, it won't be so bad.

Edited by express bowling

On 7/4/2018 at 11:40 AM, sarchasm said:

exactly....even Lord pandey looks effortless in these types of cherry picked-shots  videos.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:34 PM, UnknownGenius said:

Lmao bambi league? No thanks

.prolly a bunch of cheaters trying to use underhand tactics to get into Indian team and stay there despite non performaance and better players on bench just like garbage Rohit Sharma does

wow...tamilian diarrhea at it again....lmao

On 11/21/2018 at 10:22 AM, Jimmy Cliff said:

He doesn't exist.

30 minutes ago, philcric said:

Can't play both football and golf. Ergo, he doesn't exist.

Unicorn.

I had to read your post to understand what @Jimmy Cliff was referring to lol.

Hey for all you know this season is an OUTLIER!!!!

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

he's been doing very well. I will be particularly interested to see how his bowling develops. unlike nayar, binny, etc. he seems to bowl more overs and have the capability to take 5-fers.

The biggest plus that I see from his bowling is his line and length and accuracy.  Ideal for an allrounder. Jack Kallis had these traits. He can add a yard to his pace with time. 

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sorry this guy to me looks already better than Hardik Pandya in bowling and I hope he gets into world cup team.

how on earth does his bowling appear to be better then pandya, pandya is way way quicker then him and has a really good outswing 

As of  now dube is a trundler

To get into WC team his batting also wud have to be better then hardik

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how on earth does his bowling appear to be better then pandya, pandya is way way quicker then him and has a really good outswing 

As of  now dube is a trundler

To get into WC team his batting also wud have to be better then hardik

Hardik is pace bowler?? Hardik is a trundler too who other banging in short knows nothing , this guy looks like has general idea on how to bowl and is taller than Pandya.He looks like he is better batsman too.

Edited by putrevus

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Hardik is pace bowler?? Hardik is a trundler too who other banging in short knows nothing , this guy looks like has general idea on how to bowl and is taller than Pandya.He looks like he is better batsman too.

ok conversation ends, tune life men kabhi match hi nhin dekha

he has cranked up 146k in his debut series 

Were u sleeping in england series when they showed a stat that he was faster then every england bowler

Do u even knw whats a trundler, u dnt call a 140k bowler a trundler 

Go watch his Dharamshala n 3rd test england spell where do u see him bowling only short 

Srsly have u ever watched him bowl, sab kuch galat

He looks a better batsman?? abhi usne quality bowling kheli kaha hai ??

This is bowling short :giggle:

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ok conversation ends, tune life men kabhi match hi nhin dekha

he has cranked up 146k in his debut series 

Were u sleeping in england series when they showed a stat that he was faster then every england bowler

Do u even knw whats a trundler, u dnt call a 140k bowler a trundler 

Go watch his Dharamshala n 3rd test england spell where do u see him bowling only short 

Srsly have u ever watched him bowl, sab kuch galat

He looks a better batsman?? abhi usne quality bowling kheli kaha hai ??

This is bowling short :giggle:

I don't want to start with you again. Pandya is no good in my opinion, one flukey 5fer will not change my opinion. Ajit Agarkar also had match winning spell once but he was a useless test bowler.Same thing goes with Pandya, I told you many times I am not against allrounders , I am against bits and pieces player.This lad looks far better than Pandya to me , your opinion may be different that is fine.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't want to start with you again. Pandya is no good in my opinion, one flukey 5fer will not change my opinion. Ajit Agarkar also had match winning spell once but he was a useless test bowler.Same thing goes with Pandya, I told you many times I am not against allrounders , I am against bits and pieces player.This lad looks far better than Pandya to me , your opinion may be different that is fine.

he got 3 wkts a test before .....that was a lso a fluke

He got a MOM on debut for bowling thats also fluke 

Ok lets see if this lad takes pandya place, likh ke deta hu nhin le payega . Save kr le post 

7 hours ago, putrevus said:

What do you think of Vijay Shankar, is he "better" than Pandya also?

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

What do you think of Vijay Shankar, is he "better" than Pandya also?

I know you're asking putrevus, but to add my 2 cents, I've always seen shankar as a terrible test-level bowler. In my book, his bowling is pretty much comparable to mid-career ganguly (and not even early-career dada, who was a handy bowler).

20 hours ago, putrevus said:

We need a leftie who can hit the ball a mile and bowl few overs,

Krunal pandya

20 hours ago, putrevus said:

this lad would be ideal at no6. Has any IPL team selected him.What are Mumbai Indians doing overlooking local talent.

MI already has pandya bros + anukul roy to 

Best thing for him wud be if he gets picked by any other franchise like RCB, KXIP, RR

Watched Dubey and my 2 cents is, this guy is already better than any other posers tagged as allrounders. For one, he has got his attitude right when it comes to batting. He has got his ground covered there. His bowling is not earth shattering but just decent enough to give the needed rest to the regular bowlers. He knows how to bowl in a channel. Decent inswing. Dont see this guy bowling any quicker which is alright. We dont need a bowler bowling at 145 and getting tonked all over. 

The question wasnt directed at me, but again, Vijay Shankar looks a decent batsman and looks grounded and dedicated. I believe with time, he will only get better. Even he seems just decent enough as a bowler. 

We need players who we can trust to do a job. And with Dubey one thing is clear, we can trust him with batting. And he can sustain some amount of bowling. Similar with Shankar. He is not flashy by any stretch of imagination. Which is a good thing. It means he should be grounded always. From what I have seen of him, he looks like a player who can just hold on to one end, something which we desperately need. His military medium bowling can come handy at times. 

Yes gives glimpses of Yuvraj but every all-rounder has to master one art ,if he can walk into the side with the reputation of a batsman alone that is fine same can be said for his bowling, you just cant be bits and pieces cricketer these days

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Watched Dubey and my 2 cents is, this guy is already better than any other posers tagged as allrounders. For one, he has got his attitude right when it comes to batting. He has got his ground covered there. His bowling is not earth shattering but just decent enough to give the needed rest to the regular bowlers. He knows how to bowl in a channel. Decent inswing. Dont see this guy bowling any quicker which is alright. We dont need a bowler bowling at 145 and getting tonked all over. 

The question wasnt directed at me, but again, Vijay Shankar looks a decent batsman and looks grounded and dedicated. I believe with time, he will only get better. Even he seems just decent enough as a bowler. 

We need players who we can trust to do a job. And with Dubey one thing is clear, we can trust him with batting. And he can sustain some amount of bowling. Similar with Shankar. He is not flashy by any stretch of imagination. Which is a good thing. It means he should be grounded always. From what I have seen of him, he looks like a player who can just hold on to one end, something which we desperately need. His military medium bowling can come handy at times. 

I agree this guy looks better than both Pandya bros, and as a bowler looks like bowling heavy ball like Kallis. To be fair we need to see him facing international bowlers.

6 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

his bowling and that of shankar are not test-level, even by the standards of batting allrounders. The closest analogy that comes to mind (although a spinner) is Carl Hooper - it's true that Hooper could bowl a decent no. of overs as the 5th bowler, but he was completely toothless as seen from his avg. I think the same will also apply to Shankar and Dubey as of now, unless they improve later on. In Tests, just bowling overs and holding an end up is not enough for the 5th bowler. If one looks as Carl Hooper, Viv  Richards, etc. they were handy ODI bowlers (i.e. batting all-rounders) but not so in tests.

Similarly, in ODIs, there is no place anymore for military medium bowlers. People like Larsen, Ealham and Chris Harris would be smacked for a truckload of runs. Hence, while Dubey and especially Shankar may be better at batting than Hardik, their bowling is not up to the mark. Of course, Hardik is quite far from the finished article himself in both batting & bowling, but I don't see any real alternatives to him right now. In the long-term future, maybe Nagarkoti/Mavi will emerge as reliable pace bowling all-rounders.