Never write off a champion like MS Dhoni, says Michael Hussey

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ms-dhoni-support-michael-hussey-india-vs-england-5284163/

“It’s just two innings, come on! We know how MS plays – he takes some time in the middle,” Hussey was quoted as saying by Times of India. “He has got the power to catch up in the end. He plays according to the situation. I wouldn’t be reading too much into it. He has been a great player for such a long time and his experience will play a crucial role in the upcoming World Cup, especially, his ‘keeping skills and his power at the end of the innings. You should never write off a champion player.”

Hussey has said he “wouldn’t be reading too much” into Dhoni’s poor innings in England.

Shifting focus to a Dhoni-less Test series between India and England, which begins on Wednesday, Hussey reckons the heatwave could take the advantage away from the hosts. “I am really interested to see how it goes, especially because it is being played at the back end of the season and it has been a warm summer in England,” said Hussey. “The pitches might actually aid spin, which will definitely bring India into the game a bit.”

“Ashwin has been an amazing Test player for a long time. If Ashwin is not fit, Kuldeep could get a game and I am sure he will do well,” he said. “He is a talented young player. But, at the same time, Ashwin should be the first preference as he has earned that spot over a long period of time. There is a plenty of time for Kuldeep to come in.”

“It will be interesting to see how Virat plays,” said Hussey. “I am sure he will score many runs. Once he gets his confidence up, it is going to be hard to stop him. There has been plenty of talk about his performance in England.”

9 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Not a hater of CSK or Dhoni but on Star Sports it seems that the PR damage control is on full swing.He was interviewed by Jatin Sapru about how MSD motivated his players to win the IPL and what did he say when their home games were shifted to Pune.The guy is smart how to build his PR.

If you truly love Indian cricket I beg you to rethink your stance.

So this guy is commentating in the TNPL, is this what you call conflict of interest? Amazing to see Srini mama still pulling so many strings after he was outed from the BCCI :fear1:

He is only making a grand comeback after Shashank Manohar gave a phainta to BCCI officials in ICC meetings.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Btw Michael Hussey and mSd are two of the greatest ODI batsman. Everyone knows batting in middle order with fields spread out is toughest in odis and yetnpth had 50+ a erage

Meanwhile Sachin flopped in middle order and could only open batting in ODi. Very inflexible

Also when it comes to T20 Mr cricket and MS are way way above Sachin. It's a fact 

Oh yeah Msd in 2007 wc t20 final 6 of 10 then in 2014 4 of 6 truly a legend of t20 :bow:.By the way in 2005 he opened in Dambulla against Srilanka and flopped after that he was shifted to middle order shows that he was poor and afraid to handle the new ball if I go by your logic :giggle:.