CoA to Ravi Shastri – Batting slump ‘unacceptable’

Taking note of India’s batting collapses during the Test matches in England, the Committee of Administrators (CoA) overseeing the BCCI is learnt to have communicated to the team’s head coach Ravi Shastri that such performances despite adequate preparation time for the series are “unacceptable”. In the first Test at Edgbaston, India faltered in their chase of 194 for victory in the fourth innings, losing the match by 31 runs. The Virat Kohli-led team lost the second Test at Lord’s by an innings and 159 runs to trail 2-0 in the five-match series.

“The CoA has already mentioned this to Ravi Shastri, that after having sent the team so much in advance, allowing adequate preparation time (in English conditions), this kind of performance from the top order is not encouraging at all. The Committee has also mentioned in its communication that they need to discuss this with the head coach,” sources told The Indian Express. “When the team returns, the CoA will have a meeting with the selectors at the first opportunity to discuss some of the procedures,” sources said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/administrators-to-indian-coach-ravi-shastri-batting-slump-unacceptable-india-vs-england-5305371/

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Taking note of India’s batting collapses during the Test matches in England, the Committee of Administrators (CoA) overseeing the BCCI is learnt to have communicated to the team’s head coach Ravi Shastri that such performances despite adequate preparation time for the series are “unacceptable”. In the first Test at Edgbaston, India faltered in their chase of 194 for victory in the fourth innings, losing the match by 31 runs. The Virat Kohli-led team lost the second Test at Lord’s by an innings and 159 runs to trail 2-0 in the five-match series.

“The CoA has already mentioned this to Ravi Shastri, that after having sent the team so much in advance, allowing adequate preparation time (in English conditions), this kind of performance from the top order is not encouraging at all. The Committee has also mentioned in its communication that they need to discuss this with the head coach,” sources told The Indian Express. “When the team returns, the CoA will have a meeting with the selectors at the first opportunity to discuss some of the procedures,” sources said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/administrators-to-indian-coach-ravi-shastri-batting-slump-unacceptable-india-vs-england-5305371/

:biggrin:

Like COA... Ravi is answerable. 

17 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lol. This is just CoA deflecting pressure. One snap from Kohli and they will run away.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't see any mismanagement with their tenure. They are just making sure the procedures are covered. This is the right way to go about it. 

I don't see any mismanagement with their tenure. They are just making sure the procedures are covered. This is the right way to go about it. 
No mismanagement?

How can Kumble be removed just because Kohli wanted that?

How can Dravid and Zaheer be superceded by Bharat Arun and Bangar despite the CAC recommending them?

They allowed a selection committee with a total experience of 13 tests to be formed.

Thing is CoA are a bunch of nobodies given power by a court. They decided since they will fight Bcci officials to concentrate power in their hands its better to keep the superstar on their side.

The CoA are nobodies who got power and then did everything to get more and keep it. In doing so they destroyed the bcci system.

No defending Shastri but lets understand who all are in CoA. Vinod Rai was a CAG, guha who is cricket historian, vikram limaye is an industrialist and the only cricketer Diana edulji. They will come up with solution we see on this forum drop ishant, drop pujara, drop everyone, bring in u19 players etc..

They want to do something for indian cricket bring in Dilip Vengsarkar as chief selector. 

Edited by jf1gp_1

No mismanagement?

How can Dravid and Zaheer be superceded by Bharat Arun and Bangar despite the CAC recommending them?

They allowed a selection committee with a total experience of 13 tests to be formed.

Thing is CoA are a bunch of nobodies given power by a court. They decided since they will fight Bcci officials to concentrate power in their hands its better to keep the superstar on their side.

The CoA are nobodies who got power and then did everything to get more and keep it. In doing so they destroyed the bcci system.

Well, the CoA is basically formed to fight the original BCCI workers and put more government control over it(through the court of course).
It was formed with good intentions-but now the members are using it to fight the BCCI and gather power of their own.. They are the ones who have allowed Virat to run his **** show.

Dropping 1-2 players, questioning Shastri,making Sourav Ganguly President-all are their populist gimmick to deflect the corrupt tag from their name.
Vinod Rai and Co are as corrupt as Srini Mamu.
At least Srini Mamu, for all his worth-is a competent guy who ensured the best for his interests.
The CoA guys are just another Freeloader who wants to enjoy Power.
What was the use kicking out Dhoni when the replacement is his gareeb version?
To be frank, Whatever Virat has won (outside the SC) is because of the weakness of the opponent team.

Now I feel like they pushed for Kohli as captain to further their interests only.
Kohli - despite the inflated ego is, I believe he is someone who is extremely easy to control and become someone's pawn if you butter up his ego properly.
Wasn't it the CoA who fired Kumble and rejected Tom Moody?
Now pay for it
I'm not going to believe in CoA's crap again.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

No mismanagement?

I doubt BCCI would've done anything different with this case. We all saw how they sucked up to Dhoni for over a decade. Kohli is just a continuation of Dhoni, and COA is trying to get rid of this very same system, which obviously is going to take some time. 

Edited by Lannister
14 hours ago, Lannister said:

I doubt BCCI would've done anything different with this case. We all saw how they sucked up to Dhoni for over a decade. Kohli is just a continuation of Dhoni, and COA is trying to get rid of this very same system, which obviously is going to take some time. 

How is  COA is trying to get rid of this system?