China Score 35 Runs Off 20 Overs In ICC World T20 Asia Region Qualifier, Get Thrashed By Thailand

In an ICC World Twenty20 Asia Region Qualifier B game between China and Thailand, China recorded the second lowest total in T20 history. It also happened to be the lowest total by a team that managed to bat all the 20 overs. In the fixture, held in Bangi, Malaysia, China could manage to score a meagre 35/9 despite batting all the 20 overs out. After winning the toss, China's captain Chen Xiaoran elected to bat, and it turned out to be a nightmare for his team. Xiaoran was the first to depart for 4, leaving China reeling at 7/1 in 3.6 overs. The rest of the batsmen also followed suit. China could not gain the momentum they wanted and kept losing wickets at regular intervals.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/china-score-35-runs-off-20-overs-in-icc-world-t20-asia-region-qualifier-get-thrashed-by-thailand-1926946

This is the batting card of China's innings. This is not the first time they have played in this manner. On previous occasions,  they have got bowled out for 5 runs against Afghanistan and 10 runs against Nepal. 

How difficult is to smash a few boundaries and  get 80-90 runs? Will make sense even if they get bowled out for a low score but atleast try to score at run a ball. The Chinese are playing a Test Match in T20 Innings. 

IMG_20181004_001109.jpg

Edited by rageaddict

Scorecard of today's match between China and Myanmar. 

China scored 48 runs in 15 overs :facepalm:

Myanmar chase it down in 8 overs. 

Soch raha Hun Chinese team ke liye apply kar du,  ense achi batting toh main Pakka kar lunga aur International Cricket khelna ka sapna bhi Poora ho jaega. :giggle:

IMG_20181007_174448.jpg

Edited by rageaddict
47 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Some people say the key to saving cricket is getting China involved. Guess the game is dead.

Incidentally my boss is Chinese and he used to play club cricket in Leeds before he had to give up with knee problems. Perhaps I should encourage him to play again. He might get in the China side

Im pretty sure I can apply for temp chinese citizenship, and play better than their batsman. League 5 to ODI status in 2 years. All they need is me in the team. Watch this space.

You guys are nuts and don't understand big picture. This is something Chinese learnt from their iron brother batting callopse . The days are not far when they have skills like biting the ball, no balls, match fixing, hakim davaai, charas, ganja, age manipulation, reverse swinging new ball and many more. 

They just mastered one skill of batting collapse and rest will be done in upcoming years. 

Long live chipak(u) friendship. 

On 10/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, rageaddict said:

Soch raha Hun Chinese team ke liye apply kar du,  ense achi batting toh main Pakka kar lunga aur International Cricket khelna ka sapna bhi Poora ho jaega. :giggle:

IMG_20181007_174448.jpg

I would rather China scores like this and actually play Chinese origin players than full of Ind/pak players like uae and co.

They will improve over time. It's been only about couple of years China was introduced to it.

4 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

I would rather China scores like this and actually play Chinese origin players than full of Ind/pak players like uae and co.

They will improve over time. It's been only about couple of years China was introduced to it.

If by couple of years you mean 14 years,cause that's how long it's been .

But atleast they have native players

Edited by RAZPOR
On 10/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, rageaddict said:

IMG_20181007_174448.jpg

48 in 15. Not bad. Pujara would be okay with that.

19 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

If by couple of years you mean 14 years,cause that's how long it's been .

But atleast they have native players

You do realize that before 2000, cricket was literally unknown. I was watching the documentary on how one BD ex cricketer - captain went there to spread the name. These guys never even held a bat before and learned the game recently. Better to be native than expacts from Ind/pak like uae and co