Can Rohit Sharma topple Kohli from top of ICC ODI ranking table?

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Rohit is a beast in ODI. But in a crucial match say finals/semi final against tough opposition in an ICC tournament, whom will you trust Kohli or Rohit. So far Kohli has choked under pressure in a few very crucial matches in ODIs. 

neither of them inspire complete confidence, tbh. the most recent knockout we have faced in WC is the 2015 SF. dhawan was better than both to some extent. I think gambhir was a more clutch player than either - 2011 WC and the 2007 T20.

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

neither of them inspire complete confidence, tbh. the most recent knockout we have faced in WC is the 2015 SF. dhawan was better than both to some extent. I think gambhir was a more clutch player than either - 2011 WC and the 2007 T20.

Yes Gambhir was clutch. We need Kohli to step up and not choke. Rohit, I can never ever trust.

13 hours ago, Pollack said:

Rohit is a beast in ODI. But in a crucial match say finals/semi final against tough opposition in an ICC tournament, whom will you trust Kohli or Rohit. So far Kohli has choked under pressure in a few very crucial matches in ODIs. 

You asked icc tournament so I would say Kohli scored in t20 tournaments at home in 2016 in all crucial games as well as in chanpioms trophy final and Rohit too scored 50 as a youngster in 2007 crucial game agaisnt saf and scored against Bangla in 2015 wc quarters. So most have happened on in t20 games. 

Hard to pick from the two. Kohli’s final 2011 knock is under appreciated but again its not a big score.

Not much to pick anyone as yet. But I think this is best Rohit is playing and so is Kohli. I say both have a chance and both need to do better.

12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You asked icc tournament so I would say Kohli scored in t20 tournaments at home in 2016 in all crucial games .

Clearly mentioned ODI for that purpose only. Knew someone would point out his t20 exploits. Rohit's knock against Bangladesh was good.  Kohli's knock in finals is not the appropriate example here since he was too young and had no great pressure as such. I mean even if he failed no one was going to blame him. Plus it was a decent innings only.