Is Kashmir Worth Fighting For?

Austin 3:!6

We are fighting an endless war in Kashmir for 72 years which costed us billions of dollars and millions of lives. Recently 44 of our soldiers are being martyred in cold blood. And all these for what? A piece of land where most people are traitors and anti India anyway. We are progressing as a nation in every field and its not that Kashmir had any significant contribution in it. Kashmir valley is most unstable region in India and eating one of biggest part of Indian budgets. Without this Kashmir fiasco and  spending so much on defense, that money would have helped poor farmers committing suicide in other parts of India.

So it begs the question - Is Kashmir really worth the fight? I say let this traitor land go to hell (meaning join Pakistan) and within a decade they will realize their mistake, like Bangladeshis did and wanted freedom from Pakistan. Of-course it might hurt our short term ego to let go off a part of our land but I think as a nation we can progress more without Kashmir.

21 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

It's my land and yes it is worth fighting for every last drop of my blood.

Take your progressive thoughts and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Dimaag kharab hai kya? Just giving these big statements like will fight till last blood etc. don't make one nationalist. I despise Pakistan and love my country as much as you do. But what is the point of fighting a war for traitor land that is costing us so much money and so many lives? 2 soldiers from my state Bengal (aged 27 & 29) just died in Pulwama attack and they were showing the condition of their parents in local news. It absolutely makes my heart bleed to recognize what might be going on those families.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Where have we been fighting? We have only been reacting, defending. The day we take the fight to them, the day we strive for initiative instead of passive response, Kashmir will be set right within 5 years. But will our political machinery allow for that? 

The OP is an emotional post, devoid of proper reasoning, too many logical fallacies. We can't just give up our land, no nation (except the shameless Pak!s-read about Shaksgam Valley) would do that....besides the chain reaction it would start in the rest of India is unfathomable. If not for anything, we control some strategic points in Kashmir vis-a-vis our enemy, it is a buffer state to minimize damage in Punjab/Haryana...can't have those agricultural baskets as border states with Pakistan from another front. Besides we control our enemy's water, in a twisted way it is also the testing ground for military tactics/weapons/fitness...bhai there are so many reasons to keep Kashmir, not going through each of them because I believe this thread shouldn't exist in the first place. 

Kashmiris aren't worth fighting for, but the land hell yeah. Let the people fall in line, if they don't we should have no hesitation in ridding the area of their presence. 

Edited by Gollum

Would have agreed with you if not for those 7 rivers which are lifeline for many states up north and also for its strategic position in geopolitical arena because what's there to stop Pakistan to 'gift' a part of kashmir to China again, severely compromising our terrain advantage over China in those regions. 

Secondly, it will set a bad precedent for potentially fragile country like India. What next? Entire North East will be up in arms, asking for freedom which some of them already do because of CAB and other issues, so Where's the line? 

Best solution is to whip these kashmiri white bums out of the region under a small scale warfare as anything done during war is justified. And influx the area with Biharis and shoot any one who raise voice against it. 

9 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dimaag kharab hai kya? Just giving these big statements like will fight till last blood etc. don't make one nationalist. I despise Pakistan and love my country as much as you do. But what is the point of fighting a war for traitor land that is costing us so much money and so many lives? 2 soldiers from my state Bengal (aged 27 & 29) just died in Pulwama attack and they were showing the condition of their parents in local news. It absolutely makes my heart bleed to recognize what might be going on those families.

Alright then let's do it your way.

A) Kashmir has a strategic importance for India both in terms of geopolitical and natural. Letting it go would mean giving China another colony right behind us.

Chinese already has under it's control flow of Brahmaputra. 

Also Kashmir has a vast amount of untapped natural resources which can be of extremely valuable importance for us in the long run given the size of our population.

B) Giving Kashmir azadi would mean giving a fresh breath of air to the long dead separatist movements in India.

Are you really that naive to think that Pakistan will stop intervening in our affairs if we simply hand them out this piece of land? Pakistan is a country run by military Establishment which eats huge chunk of Govt's financial budget on the pretext of protecting the country from infidels across the border.

Those feudal lords living in the large mansions in Model town and defence colony needs the fear of India to perpetuate their rule over the gullible awam of Pakistan.

They are used to of living in luxurious life style with no accountability whatsoever. Why would any sane person be willing to give up those privileges? 

Today it's Kashmir. Tommorow it might be Punjab or Nagaland or Manipur.

Think with your head sometimes for a change.

3 minutes ago, Scar said:

Would have agreed with you if not for those 7 rivers which are lifeline for many states up north and also for its strategic position in geopolitical arena because what's there to stop Pakistan to 'gift' a part of kashmir to China again, severely compromising our terrain advantage over China in those regions. 

Secondly, it will set a bad precedent for potentially fragile country like India. What next? Entire North East will be up in arms, asking for freedom which some of them already do because of CAB and other issues, so Where's the line? 

Best solution is to whip these kashmiri white bums out of the region under a small scale warfare as anything done during war is justified. And influx the area with Biharis and shoot any one who raise voice against it. 

WTF :hysterical:

In a parallel world, I would have considered various option .... in the current status, Kashmir is Ind’s. PoK is legally Ind’s too 

I do not understand the topic as even Pak with its limited resources is fighting there. So where is the question for Ind to do otherwise 

The problem here is how the issue is being handled and has been handled over the years 

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

We are fighting an endless war in Kashmir for 72 years which costed us billions of dollars and millions of lives. Recently 44 of our soldiers are being martyred in cold blood. And all these for what? A piece of land where most people are traitors and anti India anyway. We are progressing as a nation in every field and its not that Kashmir had any significant contribution in it. Kashmir valley is most unstable region in India and eating one of biggest part of Indian budgets. Without this Kashmir fiasco and  spending so much on defense, that money would have helped poor farmers committing suicide in other parts of India.

So it begs the question - Is Kashmir really worth the fight? I say let this traitor land go to hell (meaning join Pakistan) and within a decade they will realize their mistake, like Bangladeshis did and wanted freedom from Pakistan. Of-course it might hurt our short term ego to let go off a part of our land but I think as a nation we can progress more without Kashmir.

a lot of valid points  have been specified here already. Yet .... we have not been fighting ....just retaliating.... Kashmir is an integral part of India. And do you genuinely feel that if Kashmir is freed , they will stop with that???? No .... they are muslims maaan muslims .... They will always create disturbances.... The best way against these Kashmiri  traitors is to be as ruthless as possible. 

It is strange that , in these modern days where 'giving passport to a human from this earth' is much easier than killing  an ant(a bit of chloroform & a cyanide capsule will  do the trick)   Indian army with so much resources is receiving at  the hands of these 3rd rate traitors.   

Kashmir belongs to India, it has been part of India since the time of sage kashyapa.

All those traitors are either brainwashed Kashmir idiots or pok migrants pretending to be indian kashmiris.

Honestly, we failed to be ruthless on these morons, only ruthlessness from our side would prevent Kashmiris from taking arms.

To be hell with those traitors we are fighting for land and that worth it.

3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

This is a very myopic POV. Look up the strategic importance of the place...why do you think Pak wants it? Hint: It's not because they care for Kashmiris.

18 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

This is a very myopic POV. Look up the strategic importance of the place...why do you think Pak wants it? Hint: It's not because they care for Kashmiris.

Just with PoK, Pakistan has successfully cut us off Afghanistan and got over $60 Billion CPEC rental(Investment) and rising.